More about Supercharger w/metal legs.....

#21B05S_BrennanPosted 12/11/2013 11:20:14 AM
I'm having trouble believing this, because I used to use ML with SC, but I've switched to Stabilizer with SC and have been doing much better. People don't seem to have a harder or easier time hitting me.

Not saying your making it up, but something may have gone wrong in your test.
---
||C2 FC: 1549-9455-6995||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#22JVC-spacePosted 12/11/2013 11:34:27 AM
Your connection....
+ See my comment on Youtube
#23_SignalPosted 12/11/2013 12:23:56 PM
First of all, everyone here needs to open their mind to other peoples thoughts and ideas. I'm talking to everyone, vets, semi-vets, and new guys. This is one of the huge problems that we're fighting as a community right now. It's ridiculous that anyone would argue that something doesn't happen when someone else claims to have seen it.

If there is one thing that I have learned in the two-and-a-half years that I've been playing this game and talking to people here it is that the experience is very different for different people.

Just because you don't experience something firsthand doesn't mean that someone else doesn't.

I once spawned inside one of the "glitch" areas in Streets Prime. Anyone else watching me play would have thought that I glitched to get in there, but I didn't. In the literally thousands of matches I've played, and tens of thousands of spawns, it only happened once. But it most certainly did happen. So just because you haven't seen something, doesn't mean that it hasn't happened to someone else, or won't happen to you the next time you play.

There is a lot of weirdness with this game.

I was in a live chat once with the person I was playing against in a 1v1, and I was recording the match. At one point I circled around him shooting. When we talked about it he said that I was stationary and that he circled around me. No, it wasn't just perspective. This game will do weird stuff sometimes.

I totally believe that SC+ML can make you lag.

Then there's the whole connection thing. I usually ping lower than 20 ms. I should never lag, yet some people tell me I do.

Just because you haven't seen something in-game doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You may play literally thousands of matches before you see a particular glitch, or it may happen the first match you play.

There's a lot of weirdness in this game.

I like it sometimes. It gives it character. It's like it has a life and will of it's own sometimes.

And has anyone seen my Zen Bucket? I really really need it!
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#24hc-valkiriaPosted 12/11/2013 2:02:54 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
I'm having trouble believing this, because I used to use ML with SC, but I've switched to Stabilizer with SC and have been doing much better. People don't seem to have a harder or easier time hitting me.

Not saying your making it up, but something may have gone wrong in your test.

I once experimented with that a long time ago. It never quite seemed to fill the needs of my style
#25hc-valkiriaPosted 12/11/2013 2:09:09 PM
_Signal posted...
First of all, everyone here needs to open their mind to other peoples thoughts and ideas. I'm talking to everyone, vets, semi-vets, and new guys. This is one of the huge problems that we're fighting as a community right now. It's ridiculous that anyone would argue that something doesn't happen when someone else claims to have seen it.

Just because this board may appear to have some kind of "bond" doesn't mean we should blindly believe. For example, I want another source to confirm supercharger metal legs combo lags.
#26Silent_NexusPosted 12/11/2013 4:26:20 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
_Signal posted...

Just because this board may appear to have some kind of "bond" doesn't mean we should blindly believe. For example, I want another source to confirm supercharger metal legs combo lags.

If I remember correctly, depending on your connection, if you were using both Metal Legs and Supercharger, and your team had the Speed Control Point, then that could cause some mild lag.
---
"Tag, you're dead."
-Anya Alstreim (Code Geass)
#27_SignalPosted 12/11/2013 6:58:58 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
_Signal posted...

I'm not asking anyone to blindly believe anything.

You have to admit that bluntly challenging someone for proof is pretty far south of blindly believing. How about some middle ground where we discuss and consider the implications of what the poster says before dismissing them?

You have to concede that very few of us are in a position to have ever observed the kind of phenomenon that Kas is describing. In order to see it you must have two Wiis, two copies of C2 and two televisions side by side, as well as a competent second player and be observant enough to catch it.

If his theory turns out to be right, this has huge implications for both clan wars and individual play. Don't we care about that anymore?

Why wouldn't we at least want to consider it?

This lack of consideration and hastiness to judge is exactly what drove Mossy away.

Also, the "apparent" bond that you mention is quite real for many of us. If you haven't felt it yet, maybe you're not looking close enough.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#28hc-valkiriaPosted 12/11/2013 7:50:03 PM
_Signal posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
_Signal posted...

I'm not asking anyone to blindly believe anything.

You have to admit that bluntly challenging someone for proof is pretty far south of blindly believing. How about some middle ground where we discuss and consider the implications of what the poster says before dismissing them?

You have to concede that very few of us are in a position to have ever observed the kind of phenomenon that Kas is describing. In order to see it you must have two Wiis, two copies of C2 and two televisions side by side, as well as a competent second player and be observant enough to catch it.

If his theory turns out to be right, this has huge implications for both clan wars and individual play. Don't we care about that anymore?

Why wouldn't we at least want to consider it?

This lack of consideration and hastiness to judge is exactly what drove Mossy away.

Also, the "apparent" bond that you mention is quite real for many of us. If you haven't felt it yet, maybe you're not looking close enough.

Ur right that I don't have any bonds except with perhaps aisp and keet. And yes this could be huge.
#29Hedgehog_KnightPosted 12/11/2013 8:10:31 PM
This reminds me of when players discovered the shadow-freezing glitch in Metroid Prime: Hunters. Only with this, it's not as obvious as shadow-freezing, and people are already starting to apply logic and reasoning to the argument.
---
Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!
Conduit 2[]1078-3563-8934[]OutDreamer