What I Want to See in Conduit 3 (Part 1: General Things)

#11CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 7:48:29 AM
King_Boo922 posted...
You don't think it's a little odd to ask for 3 years of development and patches? Why not just say you want the game actually finished this time. All the balancing and bug testing to happen before the game is released.

No, its a better idea to make a longer development time and to patch longer. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#12CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 8:00:32 AM
@Signal I don't think the 60 FPS is really an issue here, its really honestly needed imo. I don't don't know the math behind it, but I really doubt that is an issue of that. Besides, even though lag is very real in C2, having a higher FPS would be better, you'r doubling the FPS so it HAS to be better.

I do congrat on HVS on making a playable game, but with that said, its barely playable, its really only truly fun in PMs, or in 4 v 4 games, or in the case when your beast on people, other times its a SMAW, RD, Radiation grenade and other broken and abused things festival, and i hate that. Besides, I really don't see why they couldn't just patch some things about the game like RD and SMAW, its really dumb,

The campaign, I'll talk about that one later in the next part, check this link though if you want my opinions now though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anml9Pxj2ms

A reboot would be good, but a new title to do so? Not really sure about that one, but it does need a reboot though.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#13CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 8:02:57 AM
@KingBoo922 All games have glitches, even the original Mario game and Pokemon had glitches. It's impossible to get it 100% right.

Trust me, I know, took a web design class and its hard to get everything right and glitch free.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#14Frozen_TitanPosted 12/14/2013 1:04:45 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
@KingBoo922 All games have glitches, even the original Mario game and Pokemon had glitches. It's impossible to get it 100% right.

This. KingBoo, trust me on this; software designing is my job.
#15old_man_mossyPosted 12/14/2013 3:58:27 PM(edited)
Now, to be honest I haven't played a Call of Duty since the first Black Ops on the wii..which in fairness was very close to C2 as far as release dates go....but Blops, a triple A flagship title, developed by Activision/Treyarch...who's janitorial staff likely is paid more than all of HVS...

They patched and patched often. They were broken from the get go , map out of bounds, etc. They even had to take a map out of public rotation permanently. Had a glitch that still stands to this day to my knowledge as far as maps go with the crane invincibility They had to revamp abilities due to exploits and had weapon balance (ak74U) addressed-at least for the non-wii crowd. They developed for more than a year, but I'm not sure it was 3....but I guarantee their budget dwarfed HVS. They also could have benefitted from a patch more than 6 months out to address afew things they contently let slide .

I don't think post release patches for multiplayer are a bad thing at all. Extending them out actually helps better that end product.

In a controlled setting like campaign , I don't see the need for long term support in post release patches. Multiplayer is a whole different deal though; while I doubt HVS spent 4 solid years working on C2 (I think they parceled that time between different projects) because it was so terribly flawed from the start- one can't deny it still would benefit from patches....and that same statement rings true with the original Black Ops..which left much to be desired still on the table and not fixed ; especially for the wii version.

I get you want a finished product; I do too , especially if planning time in development is substantial. At the end of the day though the best plans can go sideways. I find it more satisfactory to hope for support and product quality control vigilance after the point of sale, rather than expect perfection (or whatever equates product base line satisfactory)

What HVS did with the Punch Patch, us acting as beta testors and our dialogs with the dev team here on this forum way back when...that was awesome sauce battered with magic good-times dough.

Maybe part of that was because they didn't know what the hell they were doing, lol . At the end of the day though...while I see other areas to improve...this game still is uniquely special to me. I miss playing it sometimes .
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.