Alright, well I'm done playing this...

#1Hedgehog_KnightPosted 12/14/2013 9:57:43 PM(edited)
I've been trying to use this game to cheer myself up and let off some steam, as I've been having a really hard time lately, going through some really depressing stuff, but all this game has done lately is annoy me. I finally realized it today while fighting a spammy player named gamefaqs.com, who's loadouts included SPAS/Explosion Focus/Supercharger/Metal legs/Light Armor, a fully perked PR, and a SMAW loadout. I know it was just a troll account, but his joke was mostly true; despite GameFAQs' hatred of the SMAW, his loadouts pretty much summed up the game. Nobody really wants to use anything besides the one-hit-kill weapons; quick and easy, so they can brag about their "reign of terror" and make montage videos.

And most matches nowadays are full of poor-sportsmanship, what with all the spawn-killing, the total disregard for new players, and nobody wants to leave when they're on a team with a 2+ player handicap (Really, all you have to do is press 2 and select quit, and you'll be searching for another match within 10 seconds). Narutinx keeps showing up, and nobody ever thinks to kick him out of the match, so he continues to use god mode and infinite black holes at his convenience.

The lag is unavoidable, as the game seems hellbent on cramming every player into one match, instead of creating a second or third room, and nobody ever chooses anything but BTGB (It's like they're a glutton for lag). Every time I make a new loadout that I like, it either gets beaten by spammers, or it's ruined by the kind of lag where I kill my opponent, but it doesn't register until after they kill me.

The friends I added never registered on my roster, so I obviously won't be able to play with them unless we schedule it beforehand, which is rarely worth it. And my rivals list has been gradually shrinking, as half of them are becoming the sort of players I never want to play with again.

I honesty had way more fun with Metroid Prime: Hunters; it may have had more hackers, but it was much more balanced than this game. I was hoping this game would give me some of the same kind of fun I had in MPH, but it's clear that the users who recommended this game to me had sugar coated it.

I'd like to thank [KAS]Kim and Green_Berets for some of the funnest matches I've had in this game, and I'd like to thank _Signal for her kind words when I first became frustrated with C2. I bear no ill-will towards any of the players on this board, I just can't get any more enjoyment out of this game, the way it is now.

TL;DR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGn5mhngVA#t=0m20s
---
Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!
Conduit 2[]1078-3563-8934[]OutDreamer
#2double0stevePosted 12/14/2013 9:51:45 PM
people make montages of this game?

and signal is a girl.
---
(Former) Official Peace-Outer of GE.
#3Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 9:58:37 PM
double0steve posted...
signal is a girl.

Ah, thanks. I fixed my post.
---
#4JVC-AshuraPosted 12/15/2013 2:37:47 AM
Sometimes when conduit gets trolled by SMAWER or laggers, I'm saying to myself that i'll eithier try to play later (and hope i'll get more lucky) or else, I'll play only in private matches!

If we'd do more private matches, we would not get frustrated online and you could try your new pack^^.
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#5xXAISPXxPosted 12/15/2013 6:21:14 AM
I didn't get to play with you...that's a bummer.

Well, say what you want to say.
---
SOTD: "If handing the board to a younger gen killed it, I'd hate to see humanity in the coming generations." -Jaye
#6CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/15/2013 7:15:30 AM
Hey! Nothing wrong wirh using the PR and getting a montage clip! Besides, I'm trying to get good with the weapon, a long road to March for me, plus I still have Emergence to do you know...

But aside from that, I understand, hope you do well, and hope things go well.

Btw, at least you got Supercharger man. :P
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#7CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/15/2013 12:03:35 PM
double0steve posted...
people make montages of this game?

and signal is a girl.

I do, the trailer for me and Play4God's montage is my sig, also Lethal is working on one to.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#8_SignalPosted 12/15/2013 7:53:26 PM
Hedgehog_Knight posted...

And most matches nowadays are full of poor-sportsmanship, what with all the spawn-killing, the total disregard for new players, and nobody wants to leave when they're on a team with a 2+ player handicap (Really, all you have to do is press 2 and select quit, and you'll be searching for another match within 10 seconds). Narutinx keeps showing up, and nobody ever thinks to kick him out of the match, so he continues to use god mode and infinite black holes at his convenience.

I'm sorry to hear that you're quitting, but I totally understand it. I've been on the verge of quitting a couple of times for some of the very same reasons you mention.

There's no excuse for spawn-killing, or the disregard for new players. Narutinx is extremely annoying. Also, there is a hack that prevents the kick from working, so that's probably what's going on with that.

As a side note, anyone here that's been playing for more than a year and says that no one cut them any slack when they were new is totally off-base. They just didn't realize it at the time, LOL.

Also, my apologies for using the fully perked PR. I've been having a lot of trouble with my left wrist for a while now. The reduced need for movement while scoped and the single shot nature of the PR makes it easier to use on my wrist.

When you get bored come back for a few games.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#9Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 11:49:00 PM
I guess I jumped the gun a bit, I might be back after a break. My biggest pet-peeves about the PR, are the times when I get sniped through a wall when it seems like I shouldn't be in tuning range (I got the penetration upgrade, but I couldn't replicate some of the shots people were getting), and this quick-scoping nonsense when I fight one at close range.

I also need to figure out a better controller layout, as the tiny d-pad keeps registering things wrong (Man, I wish you could map jump to the Nunchuk waggle).
---
#10CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/16/2013 12:52:04 AM
Hedgehog_Knight posted...
I guess I jumped the gun a bit, I might be back after a break. My biggest pet-peeves about the PR, are the times when I get sniped through a wall when it seems like I shouldn't be in tuning range (I got the penetration upgrade, but I couldn't replicate some of the shots people were getting), and this quick-scoping nonsense when I fight one at close range.

I also need to figure out a better controller layout, as the tiny d-pad keeps registering things wrong (Man, I wish you could map jump to the Nunchuk waggle).

This is why I'm making a quickscoping guide. lol
---
Conduit, More, Often.