Alright, well I'm done playing this...

#11Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 2:53:41 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Hedgehog_Knight posted...
I guess I jumped the gun a bit, I might be back after a break. My biggest pet-peeves about the PR, are the times when I get sniped through a wall when it seems like I shouldn't be in tuning range (I got the penetration upgrade, but I couldn't replicate some of the shots people were getting), and this quick-scoping nonsense when I fight one at close range.

I also need to figure out a better controller layout, as the tiny d-pad keeps registering things wrong (Man, I wish you could map jump to the Nunchuk waggle).

This is why I'm making a quickscoping guide. lol

No, I'm not the one quick-scoping; I'm annoyed when I fight my way over to a sniper, only to get one-shotted. Spamming the high-damage sniper rifle at close range is what ruined MPH. Even a good chunk of the MPH community from that era agrees that it was OP, and the over-saturation of it in public matches made "no-imp" a popular rule in private matches. I admit that a sniper vs sniper match can be fun, but all this one-hit-kill bull (SMAW, PR, SPAS), while I'm just trying to have fun with the Shrieker or the AEGIS, is driving me away.
---
Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!
#12_SignalPosted 12/16/2013 6:44:23 AM
Yeah, again I'll join you on the close range PR quickscope gripe.

This doesn't seem to happen nearly as often in Hardcore. I think in Grab Bag you've got guys that lockon and then fire.

I don't usually play it like that. I mean, from my perspective, aiming is the fun part of the game. The one exception to that rule is when I face a supercharged shotty charger that doesn't seem to register my damage, then I use that tactic when they're trying to OHKO me at point blank range.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#13drophyghostPosted 12/16/2013 7:18:01 AM
I admit that a sniper vs sniper match can be fun, but all this one-hit-kill bull (SMAW, PR, SPAS), while I'm just trying to have fun with the Shrieker or the AEGIS, is driving me away.

The Aegis is a good way to fight those three with the right perks...
(Unless the SMAW user is using Double Explosives/you have to face more than one player at once D:)
It sucks against the Hive Cannon, Deatomizer and warpy though :(
---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#14Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 9:03:17 PM
drophyghost posted...
I admit that a sniper vs sniper match can be fun, but all this one-hit-kill bull (SMAW, PR, SPAS), while I'm just trying to have fun with the Shrieker or the AEGIS, is driving me away.

(Unless the SMAW user is using Double Explosives/you have to face more than one player at once D:)

The problem I keep having with the AEGIS is that it's not catching shots when I need it to. For example: I was in a BTGB match in Lost City, where everyone had disconnected but me and a player with a Spec PR, making it a 1-on-1 match. He was camping in the middle of the stage, on the hill next to where you find the progenitor soul. I activated my shield, crouched, centered my crosshairs on him, and began advancing up the hill towards him. He still managed to shoot right through my shield.
---
#15drophyghostPosted 12/16/2013 9:33:57 PM
drophyghost posted...

The problem I keep having with the AEGIS is that it's not catching shots when I need it to. For example: I was in a BTGB match in Lost City, where everyone had disconnected but me and a player with a Spec PR, making it a 1-on-1 match. He was camping in the middle of the stage, on the hill next to where you find the progenitor soul. I activated my shield, crouched, centered my crosshairs on him, and began advancing up the hill towards him. He still managed to shoot right through my shield.

Oh, I see, naw, no problem, check your pms! ;)
---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#16CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/17/2013 1:12:58 AM
I understand that sniping to you is annoying, but its not THAT bad, you know its actully pretty hard to sniping because lock-on isnt the end all be all way to win a gun fught with the PR, TRUST ME ITS HARDER THAN YOU THINK.

Also too, I rather not you guys turn this into another game where people complain about snipers being OP like most people do in the CoD community, because thats annoying. The fact that you can even say that snipers shouldn't be able to do quickscoping in a video game dumb. Esp in a game like C2 where almost nothing is realistic.

And yes, its annoying, I know, ALL OSK weapons are, just the way it is, but don't take it out on the people who like OSK weapons just because your a little annoyed.

Also, tip. If your are having a bad time with snipers: Bunny hop them to death. I know this gets me killed more times over than SMAWs.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#17eig7htyPosted 12/17/2013 6:57:22 AM
^^^PR isn't that difficult to use and if you have problem hitting bunny hoppers you indeed need more practice. Regardless, snipers should be one hit kills or it rather defeats the purpose, only OP thing about the PR is it's usually a better shotgun than the SPAS, hipfire should be way more erratic.
---
If the result of tommorrow is today, what would you have done yesterday?
#18Green_BeretsPosted 12/17/2013 7:02:05 AM
Well, I can't seem to remember your profile, however I would guess you are fairly well if you were in a fun match with me. Whatever is wrong, I hope you get better soon. I hate hearing people upset. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

I've met one person with that name and they wreck havoc on teams. Easily killable though if you know the right things to use. The one-hit kill is harder to do now with the SMAW spammers using Explosive Focus, but they still aren't a match for double ballistics, PR upgrades, and stealth loadouts. If you kill them before the rocket hits you, there won't be any damage.

I agree with the sportsmanship. I hate spawn killing. If you are going to do so, give them a chance to use their weapons and not kill them right away. For new players, I let them kill me and win matches to help them level up and get some credits. I kick him out every time, but I guess a lot of people don't use the kick system. It is there for a reason. [KAS]Tylar2 was hacking with speed and infinite ammo, but he still died. Hackers are only a nuisance when they come in.

Hope you join soon again.
---
Green_Berets Conduit 2 code: 0090 1754 8443
Proud author of the short story "Bloody Remains" with the sequel to follow. Got some chips?
#19signalbatgirlPosted 12/17/2013 9:13:27 AM

A fully loaded PR can shoot you through the Aegis shield only if the PR user is able to tune you through something, like a wall or a rock. Otherwise it can't shoot "through" the shield. However, if you're crouched to protect your feet, and the PR user is at a higher level that you, sometimes this leaves the top of your head exposed.

Those are the only ways I know to get an Aegis user with the PR.

Feet if not crouched
Head if crouched and a height advantage
Tune through something

Having said all that, I don't know what effect having the Aegis perks has on it, but those are the only ways that I've ever been able to kill someone shielded with the PR.

Regarding bunnyhoppers, most of them tend to move in a more predictable manner and pattern than sprinters, so I have to agree that they're an easier target.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 0518-8427-1877
#20Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 12:54:38 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
And yes, its annoying, I know, ALL OSK weapons are, just the way it is, but don't take it out on the people who like OSK weapons just because your a little annoyed.

Sorry, I'm not trying to start a witch hunt. I just keep feeling like the majority of matches I'm in are full of OSK weapons, which is something I've already gone through, and it gets very one-dimensional. That being said, the PR isn't completely broken, I do like that you get zoomed out after each shot.

signalbatgirl posted...
A fully loaded PR can shoot you through the Aegis shield only if the PR user is able to tune you through something, like a wall or a rock. Otherwise it can't shoot "through" the shield. However, if you're crouched to protect your feet, and the PR user is at a higher level that you, sometimes this leaves the top of your head exposed.

Those are the only ways I know to get an Aegis user with the PR.

Feet if not crouched
Head if crouched and a height advantage
Tune through something

Having said all that, I don't know what effect having the Aegis perks has on it, but those are the only ways that I've ever been able to kill someone shielded with the PR.

Regarding bunnyhoppers, most of them tend to move in a more predictable manner and pattern than sprinters, so I have to agree that they're an easier target.

Thanks for the tips.
---