Playing Conduit 2 online using an iPhone 4S WiFi Hotspot

#31LigersRulePosted 12/20/2013 12:29:16 PM
_Signal posted...
My real name is Emma Peel

That's funny. My real name is Emma Watson
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#32like2napPosted 12/20/2013 3:01:00 PM
If your signal is weak, a simple metal dome around the modem pointed in the direction of the tower will make a wonderful (and cheap) antenna. It's surprisingly effective.

I'm trying to give you all the info I can now in case I get busy with something and completely forget about this thread for a couple weeks. Which is very likely to happen.
#33_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 12:34:46 PM
I will return to this soon. There's so much other stuff to take care of here.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#34xXAISPXxPosted 12/26/2013 12:40:47 PM
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...
My real name is Emma Peel

That's funny. My real name is Emma Watson

Mine is Emma Knight.
---
SOTD: "You should get this game; it rocks the socks." -Venonat
#35like2napPosted 12/31/2013 1:57:02 AM
_Signal posted...

I think it will run fine. I played MW3 this way and Black Ops 2 as well. Both games ran smooth. Well BLOPS 2 did after all the connection hotfixes. If you need help just bump this AND send me a PM. Then go outside and light a very large bonfire. Learn some smoke signals. Tie a note to a pigeon's leg. I'm sure one of those will get my attention.

But yeah moving. Keeps you busy. I'm still not done unpacking.
#36CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/31/2013 2:52:38 AM
like2nap posted...
_Signal posted...

I think it will run fine. I played MW3 this way and Black Ops 2 as well. Both games ran smooth. Well BLOPS 2 did after all the connection hotfixes. If you need help just bump this AND send me a PM. Then go outside and light a very large bonfire. Learn some smoke signals. Tie a note to a pigeon's leg. I'm sure one of those will get my attention.

But yeah moving. Keeps you busy. I'm still not done unpacking.

Moving does keep you busy, recently did that too.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Integrate - A Conduit 2 Dualtage WATCH HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUteo4Bjk9Y&feature=gp-n-y
#37_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 7:54:09 PM
I'm bumping this to keep it active until I've sorted everything out and can report everything here in one thread.
---
We're on top for now!
#38ReedeemerPosted 1/6/2014 1:28:47 AM
Bummer about the wii not working with your hotspot. Sounds like a problem there was with the DSi-3DS transition where the DSi would support more network types than the 3DS iirc and some people had to change their network types to a lower security one.

Actually, that could be the problem you're having :0

I run a tethering app on my rooted android for travel and it has an option to change the network type (eg: WPA, WEP, WPA2K). Not sure about iOS, especially since its from your provider, but you should check if there are any similar options and then just lower it to the lowest security. I've setup the wiiu with a wireless tether on road trips just so netflix entertains the passengers, I'll check out the games sometime I'm not driving but hopefully there are just hiccups from passing under bridges or when the signal drops for a bit instead of completely disconnecting me from the match.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#39_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 10:59:57 AM
Yeah, it absolutely is a security problem.

The WiiU runs fine, it's just that the Wii emulator (and the Wii itself) won't run with WPA-2 security, and that's all that my iPhone hotspot can do.

The WiiU runs just fine with it. I've played CoD Ghosts and used Netflix, just like you.

This is why I needed an additional router, so that I could have more control over the security settings.
---
We're on top for now!
#40like2napPosted 1/7/2014 1:57:46 AM
_Signal posted...
Yeah, it absolutely is a security problem.

The WiiU runs fine, it's just that the Wii emulator (and the Wii itself) won't run with WPA-2 security, and that's all that my iPhone hotspot can do.

The WiiU runs just fine with it. I've played CoD Ghosts and used Netflix, just like you.

This is why I needed an additional router, so that I could have more control over the security settings.

Is there a way to turn the security off? Even so it still may not work. My phone didn't at least.