Playing Conduit 2 online using an iPhone 4S WiFi Hotspot

#41_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 9:35:28 AM
Unless I'm willing to "jailbreak" my iPhone, I have no control over the security type, but I can run wired using a LAN adapter and the Pepwave Surf and Go, effectively eliminating the need for the Wii to negotiate the WiFi security altogether.

I've played a match or two, but I'm not done messing yet.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#42like2napPosted 1/8/2014 6:27:14 PM
_Signal posted...
Unless I'm willing to "jailbreak" my iPhone, I have no control over the security type, but I can run wired using a LAN adapter and the Pepwave Surf and Go, effectively eliminating the need for the Wii to negotiate the WiFi security altogether.

I've played a match or two, but I'm not done messing yet.

They don't even have an option to turn it off? Like leave as an open network that anyone can connect to...and you probably don't want to do that anyway, but there's no option for that? Lame. Blasphemy. Outrage. I was hoping there was. Not because I want people to steal your wifi, but because I was curious to see if it would work.

...seriously, I didn't tell anyone where you live and that they may be able to get free wifi from you. I was just curious. That's all.
#43_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 6:40:09 PM
As far as I can tell, the iPhone is WPA2-PSK and it can't be changed without jailbreaking and installing hotspot software. However, I should add that this is all pretty new to me, so I could be wrong.

Since the WiiU works with that type of authentication, the WiiU runs its games fine.

Hopefully I'll have more time this weekend to mess around with the surf-and-go.

I appreciate you keeping up with me on this, thanks.
---
We're on top for now!
#44like2napPosted 1/13/2014 10:10:18 PM
_Signal posted...
As far as I can tell, the iPhone is WPA2-PSK and it can't be changed without jailbreaking and installing hotspot software. However, I should add that this is all pretty new to me, so I could be wrong.

Since the WiiU works with that type of authentication, the WiiU runs its games fine.

Hopefully I'll have more time this weekend to mess around with the surf-and-go.

I appreciate you keeping up with me on this, thanks.

you're welcome and it really doesn't matter if the phone can connect or not. You're better off using the router/phone combo, or even better off using a modem/router combo.
#45_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 9:19:34 PM
I'm planning on posting my full setup, including router details, once it's all sorted out.
---
We're on top for now!