Unbelievable glitches

#1_SignalPosted 12/17/2013 12:39:05 PM
A couple of nights ago I dragged my old TV out of the spare room (using the move as an excuse) and down the hall beside the new one. I wanted to test some of the glitches that have been described side by side and all I can tell you is what I've seen is mind boggling.

While I haven't been able to precisely replicate the lag JingleBells saw I've only had time to try that a couple of times, but the stuff I've seen meanwhile is unbelievable.

Has anyone ever been killed, then watched the killcam to see where the attacker was, only to be angered by the fact that they seemed to be invisible?

They must be hacking, right?

Or lagging, right?

Or something...

At least 5 times I've seen my character in a location that my screen did not reflect.

For clarity, I'll refer to the two views as "my POV" and "my opponent's POV."

For example, Streets Prime, my POV shows that I'm upstairs in the blue base. It's obvious, I can see the top of the stairs.

My opponents POV shows me in the same spot in the blue base, however downstairs.

My opponent can fire at my image downstairs and kill me, while I die upstairs never having seen them at all.

If I move my opponent's POV upstairs my opponents POV does not show me, but my POV shows them.

Now for the bad part. I can shoot at his image upstairs all day long and never damage him, because apparently I actually am downstairs.

This explains two things that I see pretty frequently, the inability to deliver damage to someone, and the invisible killer.

Every time I saw this it was a vertical displacement, and sometimes it placed me in spots that you would swear I hacked to get there, like on the top of the mountain in Whiteout.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2xXAISPXxPosted 12/17/2013 12:51:31 PM
So as a summary: The opponent's kill cam shows you being downstairs, when you are really upstairs in your screen?

If so, I've seen such glitches before, but the effect only lasts for a couple seconds depending on your connection. So it would be connection lag from what I perceive.
---
SOTD: "If handing the board to a younger gen killed it, I'd hate to see humanity in the coming generations." -Jaye
#3_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 1:15:37 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
So as a summary: The opponent's kill cam shows you being downstairs, when you are really upstairs in your screen?

If so, I've seen such glitches before, but the effect only lasts for a couple seconds depending on your connection. So it would be connection lag from what I perceive.

No, not my opponents kill cam. I'm watching the opponent's point of view on another TV also running C2.

I know the type of brief "mis-location" you're talking about. This is different. I watched each instance of this for at least a minute, moving the "opponent POV" to see what was going on.

I think it would have continued until I moved to a location that only had one vertical level, or was killed.

The way I ended it in each case was to use the opponent to kill me.
---
We're on top for now!
#4The21stgunPosted 12/17/2013 5:26:39 PM
The Blue Floor is a permeable layer, shoot at it and the bullets fly through, this makes upstair kill incredibly easy. Its not lag or hacks, its a glitch. Its annoying because you cant defend yourself. Also, if your upstairs, you cant shoot back, its a one-way permeable.

Dont do this guys
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html
#5CynralKynathelPosted 12/17/2013 7:26:43 PM
The21stgun posted...
The Blue Floor is a permeable layer, shoot at it and the bullets fly through, this makes upstair kill incredibly easy. Its not lag or hacks, its a glitch. Its annoying because you cant defend yourself. Also, if your upstairs, you cant shoot back, its a one-way permeable.

Dont do this guys

Well that doesn't seem like a smart idea. Why make the floor permeable in the first place? Was this due to limitations or just "laziness" (for lack of a better word)?
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. I have veteran SCARs. Heheheh.
#6_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 7:30:49 PM
You guys do understand that the permeable floor is not what I'm talking about right?

That's also a glitch, but it's different.
---
We're on top for now!
#7The21stgunPosted 12/17/2013 7:37:03 PM
_Signal posted...
You guys do understand that the permeable floor is not what I'm talking about right?

That's also a glitch, but it's different.

Oh, It sounds similar though, hm ._.
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html
#8kastasticPosted 12/18/2013 11:09:31 PM(edited)
That is just one example in Steets.....Wait till you see what happens in (the map with the waterfall.) and Agartha one of the worst..
Some of these I guess you could call glitches because for example:
Agartha if you jump off the edge and land back your body will drop and your body will be under the map while your view is above and you can kill but can't be seen...
^You can only see this with TV's side by side.

There are so many...and I believe this creates a lot of "he/she is using hax". ah well
---
*NEW...The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#9G3_RazorPosted 12/19/2013 11:06:15 AM
The21stgun posted...

Dont do this guys

=P doesn't everyone already know this glitch? XG4 does it sometimes along with War3n, (who btw, started making videos again)
---
[G3] Razor I play Conduit 2, and own a Wii and 3DS.
#10Hedgehog_KnightPosted 12/25/2013 12:50:08 AM
I keep getting matches where it loads players into different stages. There was one where half my team was in Serenity, while the other half of my team and the opposing team were in Whiteout. Another time, I was in Precipice and my opponents were killing me from under the ground.

I also experienced a strange glitch today, where a player joined at the end of a match, making it a six-player lobby, but when the next match started, it assigned the teams 4 on 2, instead of an even 3 on 3. And when 2 more players joined near the end of that match, the next match pitted a full 6-player Blue Team against a 2-player Red Team. Needless to say, I quit Blue Team as soon as the match started, but when it let me rejoin that match, the game went through a huge lag-spike, and disconnected a bunch of other players.
---
Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!