Quickscoping...

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 12/26/2013 6:35:40 AM
Something that I dearly love in video games, and its really fun if you don't take it too seriously.

To me, quickscoping is one of those accidents that made something awesome (Or horrible depending on you're personal opinion) and quite popular today.

It kinda all started with CoD2 with the snipers being OP as garbage, but from what I hear, pretty much EVERYONE quickscoped and sniped in the game, and not that many people complained or at least not as many as now.

With quickscoping being what it is now, a tactic, a playstyle, an art form, and for me, a love of mine, and many other things, I have to say that its something I'm quite glad exists, and something I want to keep in C3, hopefully it stays close to the C2 formula that I know and love, if not, will be a bit disappointing to me.

Also, speaking of C3, if that game comes out, there should be another sniper that allows you to quickscope people, as while the Phase Rifle is fun, its much more fun to have more snipers to choose from, the way that sniper should be like is a faster handling PR but less damage and has the ability to shoot through people, but maybe not through walls, I'm not sure precisely what that special ability would be, but its gotta be something cool, and shooting through people is one idea that I have.

And last thing, yes, its unrealistic, yes in all practical terms NO sniper will ever do this, but if enjoy unrealistic things (Which I assume you do if you play Conduit, or even come to these boards at all) and like I said in the beginning, don't take it too seriously, its fun, and looks pretty freaking awesome.

Thanks for reading, just wanted to make a post about this. :)

~Cmo
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#2The21stgunPosted 12/26/2013 7:21:13 AM
C2 is NOT COD, Quickscoping is annoying, and even more annoying trying to learn.
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html
#3CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 7:39:46 AM
The21stgun posted...
C2 is NOT COD, Quickscoping is annoying, and even more annoying trying to learn.

Well, for some reason its not that hard any more to me, and whiles itsn't CoD, sure has a lot of things that are the same or very simliar, and quickscoping is one of them.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Integrate - A Conduit 2 Dualtage WATCH HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUteo4Bjk9Y&feature=gp-n-y
#4B05S_P4GPosted 12/26/2013 11:42:54 AM
Whether you like it or not, it's in the game. It'll get you some easy kills, but it can get you killed just as much.
---
whaterr my fc is
#5_SignalPosted 12/26/2013 1:06:52 PM
I don't really even understand what the term "Quickscoping" means in the context of C2.

Can one of you guys enlighten me? I mean, what exactly are the steps you do to quickscope someone with the PR?

Thanks.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#6CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 2:58:43 PM
B05S_P4G posted...
Whether you like it or not, it's in the game. It'll get you some easy kills, but it can get you killed just as much.

---
Conduit, More, Often.
Integrate - A Conduit 2 Dualtage WATCH HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUteo4Bjk9Y&feature=gp-n-y
#7CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 3:28:58 PM
_Signal posted...
I don't really even understand what the term "Quickscoping" means in the context of C2.

Can one of you guys enlighten me? I mean, what exactly are the steps you do to quickscope someone with the PR?

Thanks.

It means what it says, but I'll explain it detail.

Quickscoping is just what it is, quickly scoping in and killing someone, while "hardscoping" is taking the time to aim in on someone, and then kill them.

In terms of CoD, it was built from the quake engine, which didn't have Aim Down Sights, so they built it to have ADS. And when they did this is a transition time where it goes from hip-fire, to ADS, which during this transition, if you are at the right range and have your crosshairs directly dead center, will always kill someone just due to the aim assist factor.

However, while this sounds like it something that is easy to do, and is to some degree, its not easy to master. As someone who semi-snipes only in CoD, I can tell you its not as easy as it looks, if anything, its super hard to do, and the people who get positive K/Ds on a regular could be the masters of CoD, probably close to the pro teams like OpTic, nV, or FaZe.

Now, for C2, C2 is the same way, but with a few catches, for one, when you snipe and use lock-on, its not a 100% certain that you will hit them, why? Because once you are fully scoped in, you lose the aim assist factor, unlike in CoD, and because you can aim towards the bottom left of your screen if you don't correct it, you can really screw your-self up a bit, and if you don't aim a little to the top-right, you won't hit them, and at least on a moving target, you have to guide your shot to them as you are scoping in to hit.

Plus, since bunny-hopping is a thing in this game (Again, unlike CoD) it can be hard to kill someone because they are jumping all around the place, play people like Valkira and you will know what I'm talking about.

And because quickscoping exists, this allows you to play a more aggressive style with the sniper, a much more aggressive style, allowing you to effectively shotgun with it.

Lastly, this all takes skill, its a tactic for some, a playstyle for others (I might fall into the playstyle just because I love it so much) and is effectively something that allows you use it in a way that wasn't intended, but it is still a skill that is needed to be acquired, because even though I disagree with The21stgun about quickscoping, it is something that is hard to learn.

Tried my best to explain it, hope you understand now. ^_^
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#8Green_BeretsPosted 12/26/2013 5:19:55 PM
Quickscoping is a amazing. Was on Pentagon Prime and managed to quickscope someone from three stories up.
---
Green_Berets Conduit 2 code: 0090 1754 8443
Proud author of the short story "Bloody Remains" with the sequel to follow. Got some chips?
#9_SignalPosted 12/26/2013 6:41:02 PM
I'm not at all surprised that it means quickly scoping and killing someone, but that's a bit of a circular definition, LOL.

Apparently, I never quickscope then, since it relies on lockon for the initial aiming. I do however frequently "free aim" then go to scope and quickly fire, but it sounds like that doesn't really qualify as quickscoping, since it requires aim-assist or lockon to aid you.

Thanks for clearing it up.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#10CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 7:20:37 PM
_Signal posted...
I'm not at all surprised that it means quickly scoping and killing someone, but that's a bit of a circular definition, LOL.

Apparently, I never quickscope then, since it relies on lockon for the initial aiming. I do however frequently "free aim" then go to scope and quickly fire, but it sounds like that doesn't really qualify as quickscoping, since it requires aim-assist or lockon to aid you.

Thanks for clearing it up.

It doesn't require it, but, it helps.

A LOT
---
Conduit, More, Often.