When/If you Face VR, Expect the Following, and Don't Complain, or Don't War Us

#11LigersRulePosted 1/2/2014 12:03:43 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
I was hoping you would help me talk some sense into him. While your at it, check out the hc vs vr topic. I could use the help. I can always rely on you for a rational opinion. That's y I consider you a great person.

I read it. I'm not so big on jumping in on other people's arguments these days. It was stressing me out, seeing as I never seemed to make any headway. Sure, there are people that can have really good, fun debates on this board. The problem is, I rarely disagree with those people.

The people I tend to disagree with... Well, it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. They'll never budge, they'll keep using the same defense again and again (no matter the approach), and you'll just wind up with a hurt head.

Aside from that, Cmo and I basically hate each other. I've made a point of staying away from him if I can help it. I do legitimately think he is hurting his clan here, though, which is why I posted. I feel sorry for people like V3N0M, because he really seems to want to war and probably won't get to very often :/
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#12hc-valkiriaPosted 1/2/2014 12:11:32 AM
LigersRule posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
I was hoping you would help me talk some sense into him. While your at it, check out the hc vs vr topic. I could use the help. I can always rely on you for a rational opinion. That's y I consider you a great person.

I read it. I'm not so big on jumping in on other people's arguments these days. It was stressing me out, seeing as I never seemed to make any headway. Sure, there are people that can have really good, fun debates on this board. The problem is, I rarely disagree with those people.

The people I tend to disagree with... Well, it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. They'll never budge, they'll keep using the same defense again and again (no matter the approach), and you'll just wind up with a hurt head.

Aside from that, Cmo and I basically hate each other. I've made a point of staying away from him if I can help it. I do legitimately think he is hurting his clan here, though, which is why I posted. I feel sorry for people like V3N0M, because he really seems to want to war and probably won't get to very often :/

Yea I completely agree. Hey, I'm just curious out of reminescence, why did you and mindesyn pick on me back when I first started to lead hc? I know I didn't know what my teammates wanted like with p4g but nobody really told me anything so I didn't know there were problems....lol but it's all in the past and we're cool now haha. Just wondering. :)
#13LigersRulePosted 1/2/2014 12:24:29 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
why did you and mindesyn pick on me back when I first started to lead hc? I know I didn't know what my teammates wanted like with p4g but nobody really told me anything so I didn't know there were problems....lol but it's all in the past and we're cool now haha. Just wondering. :)

'Pick on' is the wrong word. First of all, Jaye and I are quite abrasive people. When we feel a point needs to be made, we make our disapproval as clear as possible. We were pretty hard on you, and that's pretty easy to recognize in hindsight. Maybe because we knew you could take it? I dunno.

Second, you started out on a bad foot for us. Not for any (real) fault of your own, it's just that you were first introduced as "that guy Rhoads merged clans with." And that left a pretty nasty taste in our mouths. To say we aren't fans of Rhoads is akin to saying that we aren't fans of the World War 2 era Germany (yes, that is a hyperbole, don't anybody get their panties in a bunch).

Last, we're always looking to better the board, in our own unique way. We obviously don't go about the same means as people like, say, Signal and Chain. We tend to be a lot more disliked for our approach for the betterment of the board (mostly because we are dicks). Maybe we thought we were bettering the board by telling you off? Or maybe we were just blinded.

Honestly, I can barely remember all that. My time on this board is a pretty large spectrum, and it's hard for me to remember the more minor events. Sorry if I was a dick.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. It's nearing 1:30 for me, and I can barely keep my eyes open. It's a wonder I'm as wordy as I am right now. Good night.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#14hc-valkiriaPosted 1/2/2014 12:35:43 AM
LigersRule posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
why did you and mindesyn pick on me back when I first started to lead hc? I know I didn't know what my teammates wanted like with p4g but nobody really told me anything so I didn't know there were problems....lol but it's all in the past and we're cool now haha. Just wondering. :)

'Pick on' is the wrong word. First of all, Jaye and I are quite abrasive people. When we feel a point needs to be made, we make our disapproval as clear as possible. We were pretty hard on you, and that's pretty easy to recognize in hindsight. Maybe because we knew you could take it? I dunno.

Second, you started out on a bad foot for us. Not for any (real) fault of your own, it's just that you were first introduced as "that guy Rhoads merged clans with." And that left a pretty nasty taste in our mouths. To say we aren't fans of Rhoads is akin to saying that we aren't fans of the World War 2 era Germany (yes, that is a hyperbole, don't anybody get their panties in a bunch).

Last, we're always looking to better the board, in our own unique way. We obviously don't go about the same means as people like, say, Signal and Chain. We tend to be a lot more disliked for our approach for the betterment of the board (mostly because we are dicks). Maybe we thought we were bettering the board by telling you off? Or maybe we were just blinded.

Honestly, I can barely remember all that. My time on this board is a pretty large spectrum, and it's hard for me to remember the more minor events. Sorry if I was a dick.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. It's nearing 1:30 for me, and I can barely keep my eyes open. It's a wonder I'm as wordy as I am right now. Good night.

Haha no worries. Just curious. Yea I kind of felt confused why I was getting criticized when my very own team wouldn't tell me what they wanted and thus had no control. I can understand the bias against me if rhoads was really that "bad". But it doesn't matter anymore cuz we're cool now and its all in the past. :)
#15iV3N0MPosted 1/2/2014 12:42:18 AM
Subject: Clans and Bans (VR){that rhymes XD)
But in all seriousness listen to what I have to say-Cmo-put in place the normal bans - ask me if you really don't know what these bans are or the rest of the board members -- I think your bans are childish because it is for your own fixation on the game and you single-handly pick them which is frustrating knowing I have no voice in this clan with the other clan members that aren't apparently active
Choose wisely since you options are being limited as are mine
#16hc-valkiriaPosted 1/2/2014 12:54:34 AM
iV3N0M posted...
Subject: Clans and Bans (VR){that rhymes XD)
But in all seriousness listen to what I have to say-Cmo-put in place the normal bans - ask me if you really don't know what these bans are or the rest of the board members -- I think your bans are childish because it is for your own fixation on the game and you single-handly pick them which is frustrating knowing I have no voice in this clan with the other clan members that aren't apparently active
Choose wisely since you options are being limited as are mine

See cmo? Told you this would happen. First, the rebellion.......the process has begun. Time's ticking away before your clan disappears. Now do ur mistake?
#17JVC-AshuraPosted 1/2/2014 1:25:47 AM
These rules looked very fun to me! Too bad you introduced them that way cmo...

But seriously, I would be fine to war under these rules. I think obj mode is a good way to try something a little bit different and it would be very entertaining to watch!
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#18CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 6:43:32 AM
drophyghost posted...
Oh, I like #1,2&3 tbh ^ ^

Number 4... idc tbh, I like both ^ ^

But beware, you may not get that many clan wars under those conditions :(
(Unlike what most (or at least Lig) would think, G3 wouldn´t mind playing under those terms, but other clans may not like it... Just saying...)

Well thank you, I'm glad you at least like them and don't mind them.

And yeah, I know, not many clans will face us, but thats not the point of this, I willing knew that not many clans will face us ever because of this, so idc about it tbh.

But hey, glad G3 at least open. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Integrate - A Conduit 2 Dualtage WATCH HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUteo4Bjk9Y&feature=gp-n-y
#19CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 6:46:09 AM
iV3N0M posted...
CMO don't do this
The Conduit 2 community is not that big in number wise but it is a complex development to say the least with all kinds of people.

I'm sorry, but these few rules on what VR is gonna ban is gonna stay, I understand that why people don't want these things banned, but they are not good for competitive, at all, so the bans will stay I'm afraid.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Integrate - A Conduit 2 Dualtage WATCH HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUteo4Bjk9Y&feature=gp-n-y
#20CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 7:00:56 AM
JVC-Ashura posted...
These rules looked very fun to me! Too bad you introduced them that way cmo...

But seriously, I would be fine to war under these rules. I think obj mode is a good way to try something a little bit different and it would be very entertaining to watch!

I know the wording was harsh, and tbh, it was done on purpose, because I wanted to get this point across.

That VR will have theses banned, and no exceptions.

And you could say its "childish" but really, its not, if you look at every freaking thing that's competitive, you will see that its the same exact approach I am doing, its not any different, if there is a abusive tactic, or gameplay element, its banned, why do you think that Meta Knight was banned for MLG in Super Smash Bros Brawl? I mean come on man, for real, look at even real life sports like NBA, NHL, NFL, ect, they have rules that you don't see in a basketball match on the street or whatever, there are stricter rules in place to prevent people from doing things that are unfair in every regard and to make things better for both teams playing, so I don't really see the point in complaining about using standard bans and not a modified one, because the standard bans is like those 8 years complaining about being the way NBA handles the rules and deleting those rules because they didn't like them, while the modified one rules are just how a professional sport would handle them.

Also, that statement was regarded to anyone reading this, not just you Ashura, and tbh, thank you for agreeing with this man, I don't see the whole point of using standard bans, but whatever I guess, it is a uphill battle right now.
---
Conduit, More, Often.