Whining about "super chargeur + bionic legs"

#1JVC-AshuraPosted 1/3/2014 7:29:30 PM
I don't know if there are still people who think that the "SC+BL" combo isn't creating lags but I wanted to share my experiences with that...

Each time I faced people who had this loadout, I saw them disappearing, shooting before you, dying 1 to 10 sec after you killed him...
Just a few hours ago, I was playing a 2vs2 against Kastatic and someone with the dirty loadout. At the beginning, he had a normal loadout and there were zero lags! Then SC+BL and the guy is making dbz stuff.

Also I think that people who have SC+BL aren't affected by other people who have this loadout...
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#2TheOmegaShenPosted 1/3/2014 7:56:09 PM
Everything makes this game lag in some way.
---
Omega Shin Otaku
Repent!
#3kastasticPosted 1/3/2014 8:57:03 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Everything makes this game lag in some way.

^True...but if there were things you could do that would make the game more playable = more enjoyable for everyone with less lag wouldn't you want to do it....

So I have been dabbling in 3D animation...the exact animation used in games. Involving everything from the character model the environment and the motions of all this together using controllers (yes controllers just like your wii remote). And when things are moved at a fast pace it creates a "lag" (<*we'll get back to that ) a load noticeable even on my super computer. The Wii and the internet connection are no different.

Although the game itself was created and designed around the Wii and its capabilities, the connection between these Wii's is where the problem lies. So when so many "things" are going on many connections cannot keep up with said "things" creating our famous "lag".

The best way for me to explain lag and it is not the right word but I would call it "frame rate". And not everybody will have the same "frame rate" experience....especially when this frame rate is stressed due to things like speed which is the most noticeable area that affects any connection/processor.

So in the end.....if you knew something caused "lag" and you could prevent it then why not do so?
^I can probably answer that for myself.....
Answer: because all you care is that you get a lot of kills and your own experience good enough.
^^even though you probably would have not gotten those kills if your "frame rate" was not different from your opponent giving them a fair chance.

......I do not wish to argue with anyone I am just trying to explain a fact of the game and something everyone could do to make the game more enjoyable without so much teleporting/lag.

I enjoy this game and this community.......not sure where I was going with that so I'll stop there.
~Jingle*Bells
---
*The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#4kastasticPosted 1/3/2014 9:19:35 PM(edited)
@Ashura.....*edit* moved this message to your pm. < this will help a little especially with spawns and if you ever wish to use a mic.

Not sure...send me a pm.
---
*The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#5The_Mad_KittenPosted 1/3/2014 11:04:45 PM
IDC what you use, I will always find you with my Phase Rifle!
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. [O$C]Venonat FC:3526_4745_6745. NO ONE PARTIES HARDER(/^o^)/I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ-3DS FC: 3952 7491 4243- add me.
#6ReedeemerPosted 1/4/2014 2:55:08 AM(edited)
/facepalm
This game gets so overanalyzed on this board it can be funny at times :3

No. 1 Rule for a lag-free C2 experience.

If there are more than 6 people in the match.
Leave it.

We've known it since TC, and since day1 of C2 it was apparent hvs made a mistake by expanding the session size to 12players. The wii can't even handle a 4p splitscreen without heavily downscaling the res on everything in sight, now multiply that player count by 3, account for each player's horrible latency, and don't downscale the grfx.
You now have C2's online.

6 is the magic numbah', my peoples
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#7JVC-spacePosted 1/4/2014 2:32:30 AM
I never have complained about Airtime who frequent uses supercharger (and metal legs) and often jump and run even with intense lag on the game. But Ashura who doesnt use this combo and doesnt run, sometimes teleports himself without thre speed control point.
So, that's stupid to ban this loadout, it's like banning using the runnning bouton ans capture the speed control point perkless. It just depends of the player, some players will fire lag with the SMAW, other not.
#8JVC-Ashura(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 3:37:53 AM
I won't try to pull out any proof like Kastatic (though it was a good idea), so I'm just speaking with my experience and common sense...

At space: It's true I can have connection problems sometimes but I know things always gets worse if SC+BL is used. And I don't get why you or anyone who doesn't agree with this didn't experienced the same kind of lags that i had.

At Reedeemer (and everyone^^): More than 6 players can be ok sometimes, but I agree 6vs6 is the best. But the thing is: It was a 2vs2!!! And I swear there were absolutely no lags before the guy pull out SC+BL! Also I have plenty more experiences of cases like that and I would be very surprise if you guys doesn't have some...

To me, the only way not to realize this would be to play with the same loadout.
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#9JVC-spacePosted 1/4/2014 6:01:14 AM
JVC-Ashura posted...
I won't try to pull out any proof like Kastatic (though it was a good idea), so I'm just speaking with my experience and common sense...

At space: It's true I can have connection problems sometimes but I know things always gets worse if SC+BL is used. And I don't get why you or anyone who doesn't agree with this didn't experienced the same kind of lags that i had.

At Reedeemer (and everyone^^): More than 6 players can be ok sometimes, but I agree 6vs6 is the best. But the thing is: It was a 2vs2!!! And I swear there were absolutely no lags before the guy pull out SC+BL! Also I have plenty more experiences of cases like that and I would be very surprise if you guys doesn't have some...

To me, the only way not to realize this would be to play with the same loadout.

You are telling me that's a magic stuff...
I'll find a explananation to this problem.
Most of players don't use superchargers. So supercharger's users can be harder for you to kill them (they stay less time in your cursor).
Imagine now, your opponent (and maybe you also) has a jerky connection.
Sometime his connection will be bad and other time not. So if he does actions in the bad connection time, these actions will be done when the connection will come back. BUT, if you do an action while the connection come back this action will not operate, cause of the previous action. And there will be lag.
Therefore, if you kill rapidely your foe, there will not be lag.
#10dacheatcodePosted 1/4/2014 4:12:28 PM
thank you kastastic for the completely unreadable explanation on lag.

this game lags because you're playing on nintendo's crappy free wifi system which connects to crappy sega servers.

also all this talk about "dirty" loadouts is pretty funny.
---
*Facts all come with points of view,
Facts don't do what I want them to.