SMAWnado 2014

#111_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 10:25:18 AM
Hi Derp. It'll be great to see Keet again, and you too, for that matter. It's been a while. I think we're trying for the 17th, 18th, or 19th, or some combination of those days to accommodate the most people. I've learned for stuff like this, sooner is better, otherwise people lose interest. Remember the Perkless Battle Ladder I tried to start? Even I lost interest in that before I could get it scheduled, LOL.

Ashura, what time zone is your 10 p.m.?

I think it's starting to look like we will have an early set and a late set, so don't worry.

And one time I experienced a Sunday that was Monday, but... well... I probably shouldn't get into that here.

I think I need a volunteer or two to help me organize, schedule and host, and I need to see if my connection is adequate for hosting.

I'll probably pm a few of you guys to join me in a private match in the next couple of days.

Andy, let's get back to talking about game modes. I'm thinking that we should do forced loadouts with SMAW and Aegis and no EF, that way people who may not be interested in joining because they haven't bought the SMAW won't have to worry about it.

I totally agree that we need to do both team and FFA, just for the most 'splosions, LOL.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#112ThePrisoner06Posted 1/13/2014 10:30:37 AM
Ok lets try and get a time period set up.

I suggest a provisional time in-between 6pm and 10pm EST on both Saturday and Sunday.

Thats a large enough time covered, and adding the time difference, thats 11pm to 3am my time. Add on a hour for Ashura.

And think people should say what days they will be available, like Ashura has done. As for myself, both days are fine for me.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#113xXAISPXxPosted 1/13/2014 1:03:59 PM
Before 10 PM is fine, but it's not for Ashura, haha.

This is going to be difficult.
---
SOTD: "Try and catch me riding dirty." -Derpy
#114ThePrisoner06Posted 1/13/2014 1:17:35 PM
Ok Signal, if its going to be a custom loadout, then I would suggest this -

SMAW, Aegis Device ( could be fun catching SMAW rounds), Flash Grenade, Armoury (thus removing Explosive Focus), Ammo Belt, No third perk, and Improved Explosives (that way aiming will have to be spot on).

Question is would the Ammo Crates be switched on or off. If on, then some players could have unlimited ammo.

And a team death match and a mass FFA brawl could be fun, and a blast.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#115JVC-AshuraPosted 1/13/2014 2:16:31 PM
Signal: 10 p.m. is gamefaqs time zone ( that would be 7am for me, that's why I can't play sooner). I can play until 5 p.m. also...

I'd be happy to help with your connections test cause I love private matches! I'll have a lot of free time starting from Tuesday eavening if you're interested.

And yeah, team deathmatch is a great idea! This is gonna be fun^^.
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#116hc-valkiriaPosted 1/13/2014 2:57:51 PM
I'm not sure if we talked about the days for this but I can't do saturday. If its a weekend, only sunday is good.
#117A-Thon_XPosted 1/13/2014 6:39:25 PM
aren't most matches smaw only matches? :P lolz
---
(Conduit2):0476-2575-6436(Wii):1375-8333-2941-3062
WoW:(Alliance):Zul'Jinn(Horde):Rivendare(3DS):2020-0431-5367
#118DerppopotamusPosted 1/13/2014 7:16:29 PM
_Signal posted...
Hi Derp. It'll be great to see Keet again, and you too, for that matter. It's been a while. I think we're trying for the 17th, 18th, or 19th, or some combination of those days to accommodate the most people. I've learned for stuff like this, sooner is better, otherwise people lose interest. Remember the Perkless Battle Ladder I tried to start? Even I lost interest in that before I could get it scheduled, LOL

Eh heh heh. I remember that. I'd like to see the statistic on how many events are planned to how many actually happen.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#119_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 9:43:22 AM(edited)
hc-valkiria posted...
I'm not sure if we talked about the days for this but I can't do saturday. If its a weekend, only sunday is good.

Shouldn't be a problem. We'll figure it out. Can you play on Friday or is that also out?

Based on time constrictions, we'll have more than one set of matches.

Right now I see two start-times shaping up to accommodate everyone:

1. Late Friday night or Saturday night, probably after midnight EST.
(I'm specifically thinking about Ashura and the other "late night" crowd)

2. Early Sunday, not really sure about the time, sometime in the afternoon.
(specifically thinking about AISP and Valk)

Please respond here, indicating if either or both of these start-times works for you.

I'm planning on getting online tonight at midnight EST to do a host-connection-test. Please let me know if you can join around that time, if only for one match. If you plan to join, we need to make sure we have each other "added." My Friend code is in my signature. Please use the one for my "36" account. Also, please post yours or PM me if you are planning to help with the test tonight.

Also, I don't think I've heard from anyone else about the possibility of hosting. Assuming that my host-connection test is alright, I was planning on hosting the late night matches, but we may need someone else to host if my connection is inadequate. Also, I'm not 100% sure that I will be able to play in both "sets," so a backup would be a good idea, particularly someone that could do it on Sunday.

Is there anyone else who is willing to try to host?

Also, sadly, I have not heard back from Ventus yet, so if anyone has other contact methods besides the Gfaqs pm, please reach out to him and let him know about this.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#120JVC-AshuraPosted 1/14/2014 10:29:54 AM
I'll join tonight^^.
Here is the FC i'll use for this event: 2624 - 6266 - 9329
And here my regular FC: 0133 - 4926 - 8805
I added you with both account.
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1