Thirteen things that would have changed Conduit 2

#21_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:36:51 AM
like2nap posted...
TMac987654321 posted...
like2nap posted...
5. Better controls/more control customization options.

Having Wii Motion plus support, with the lack of sensitivity options, seem wasteful. It could have been so much better.

The wii motion plus was 100% pointless in the game. The only reason they included it was so they could put it on the front of the box.

It's not even necessary for an FPS (see Call of Duty series) (yes I know Signal will probably disagree with me on that one lol). The only real benefit I saw was my cursor didn't go wacky when the wife walked in front of the TV because the motion plus still tracked where it was even though the sensor bar didn't .

Haha... Am I really so transparent? What about Mike? You should call him out on this. I'm trying to be on my best behavior here, LOL.

I can see a clear difference in my accuracy when using the USP, Scar, and Phase Rifle, especially in HC game modes, and particularly when the Scar and PR are scoped. But just because I notice it, doesn't mean that everyone would. Though it may sound like it, I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. Maybe it's my sensitivity settings, or my old and unsteady hands. My neurologist once shrugged his shoulders and said "You just feel stuff that other people can't feel." LOL. Thanks Doc.

I understand what you're saying about an FPS not really needing it, since you're usually pointing at the sensor bar anyway, but for whatever reason, I can tell a difference nonetheless.

And on a side note... I go wacky when someone walks between me and the TV when I'm playing. What the heck! I'm playing here... This is important!
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#22like2napPosted 1/26/2014 1:56:35 AM
Oh I can notice the difference and I normally played with motion plus on. I just didn't feel like the benefit it gave was even worth it. Well, I mean I guess it was worth it. It just could have been so much more. And the fact that the controls could have been so much better even without it makes me wonder why it was even put in. Well, I guess it was put in to make what was there better. Eh...

I mean it did help, but I would have greatly preferred more control customization options and settings over the lack of settings with motion plus thrown in. The cursor seemed to move smoother with motion plus. I can't remember every little detail, but I do remember using it because it felt better. I just wanted more options. Cursor sensitivity (did it have that?), cursor speed, ADS settings, ADS camera sensitivity (which only Ghosts has and I REALLY wish someone thought of that sooner. Great setting to have!) , more and fully custom camera options, more button configurations (there was something I wanted to map to a certain button but couldn't), and probably something else I can't think of at this time.
#23_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 12:54:43 PM
You and I are 100% in agreement.

I would also love to have separate setting for ADS. I'm with you on all this.
---
We're on top for now!
#24xXAISPXxPosted 1/26/2014 6:31:09 PM
I feel and see big differences with Motion plus. I just feel more adept, yet the change is so small. I suppose small changes can make big results in this case. I'd say sniping is most sensitive to Motion Plus.
---
SOTD: "Shrimp make me toot toot!!! <3" -sweetbea
#25like2napPosted 1/27/2014 2:08:21 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
I feel and see big differences with Motion plus. I just feel more adept, yet the change is so small. I suppose small changes can make big results in this case. I'd say sniping is most sensitive to Motion Plus.

You're dead on right. Take BLOPS 2 for example. They "accidentally" left off cursor sensitivity when it was release. That's one setting. Just one, but leaving that off completely ruined the controls. They added it back in later, but it was still a step back as far as COD controls go.

Now take Ghosts. They doubled the Turn speed and added ads camera sensitivity. Worlds of difference. Even if they just added the ads camera sensitivity it would have been a vast improvement.

Now if they only made a wii remote with a slightly bigger D-pad to compensate for my large hands. My only real problem with FPS games is my thumb. It's far too big to use the d-pad effectively. And just forget about turning the mote sideways to play a mario game. CCP for me.
#26xXAISPXxPosted 1/27/2014 12:19:44 PM
Well, it seems as if our views have a unanimous comparison.
---
SOTD: "Shrimp make me toot toot!!! <3" -sweetbea
#27nightfire0013Posted 1/31/2014 10:24:49 PM
8. Party System

For better or for worse. Probably worse.
---
A dangerous foe, if a somewhat disinterested ally.
#28_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 9:25:11 PM
9. Not Region Locked

This badly crippled the game.

Sure there is a work around. Thank you Andy. I for one am super glad you worked it out.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
#29B05S_BrennanPosted 2/1/2014 9:45:21 PM
_Signal posted...
9. Not Region Locked

I personally disagree. While not being able to play with our PAL friends can be frustrating, lag between North Americans and South Americans can get pretty bad, adding PAL players into the mix would send the lag through the roof, I believe.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, just thought I'd add my two cents.
---
||C2 FC: 1549-9455-6995||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#30hc-valkiriaPosted 2/2/2014 12:57:42 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
_Signal posted...
9. Not Region Locked

I personally disagree. While not being able to play with our PAL friends can be frustrating, lag between North Americans and South Americans can get pretty bad, adding PAL players into the mix would send the lag through the roof, I believe.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, just thought I'd add my two cents.

I think that there should be two options for it: region locked and worldwide like in mariokart wii.