Thirteen things I'm glad were left out of C2

#21_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 10:22:17 PM
I thought for sure this would make it to thirteen easily. Oh well, I'll help it out:

What about ammo dumps by default in online play?

What about the weapon's drop?

What about the blood and gore?

What about profanity?

Any takers besides me on these things?
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#22DerppopotamusPosted 2/2/2014 3:34:13 PM
_Signal posted...
Pretty self explanatory. Go.

1. I'm glad there are no dogs.

I really find shooting the dogs in the CoD games uncomfortable. I'm glad C2 doesn't have them.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121228213844/c__/conduit/images/b/b9/WolfBite.png

*Robotic Woof*
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#23__CSNPosted 2/2/2014 4:04:43 PM
Weapon/ammo drops don't matter. But there is some gore and language in the game. There's some mild swearing in MP and SP, and when you headshot a Drudge, its head explodes and a bunch of neon blood spouts from its neck stump.

That said, more blood and gore/profanity would be good because it might decrease the UAU population.
#24xXAISPXxPosted 2/2/2014 5:12:04 PM
__CSN posted...
That said, more blood and gore/profanity would be good because it might decrease the UAU population.

Might. There are 9 year olds playing Call of Duty in this world, thus making the game so much worse than it is.
---
SOTD: "Shrimp make me toot toot!!! <3" -sweetbea
#25__CSNPosted 2/2/2014 5:17:52 PM
Yeah, but I doubt you would be playing C2 if it had a GoW1 level of violence.
#26xXAISPXxPosted 2/2/2014 5:22:03 PM
__CSN posted...

Well, I'm just following the ratings, which the whole community has trampled over time.
---
SOTD: "Shrimp make me toot toot!!! <3" -sweetbea
#27__CSNPosted 2/2/2014 5:39:25 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
__CSN posted...

Well, I'm just following the ratings, which the whole community has trampled over time.

Those ratings are arbirtrary, bud. The ESRB is a group of bats*** crazy fundamentalists with no legal authority. Most stores just follow the ratings and ID check because they'd get pissed-off parents complaining because their 12 year old walked in and bought GTA5.
#28__CSNPosted 2/2/2014 5:53:15 PM
*arbitrary GOD DAMMIT CELL PHONE
#29B05S_BrennanPosted 2/2/2014 8:11:40 PM
__CSN posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
__CSN posted...

Those ratings are arbirtrary, bud. The ESRB is a group of bats*** crazy fundamentalists with no legal authority. Most stores just follow the ratings and ID check because they'd get pissed-off parents complaining because their 12 year old walked in and bought GTA5.

We need to get PEGI in NA. Their ratings seem to be more appropriate for the games they rate.

Either that, or ESRB needs to get it's s*** together and introduce a T15+ rating.
---
||C2 FC: 1549-9455-6995||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#30_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 12:37:34 PM
Ratings are well and good, but they can never be relied upon too heavily.

It's the responsibility of the parents to do their homework and educate themselves about what content any form of entertainment media may contain, whether it be movies, video games, websites, or even books. It's easy enough today with sites like Youtube and even Gamefaqs to learn about violence, sex, or any other material that might be considered inappropriate in a video game, but it is more difficult with the other media.

Like anything, the best resource is another like-minded parent that's seen a particular movie, or read a book.

Everyone is different, and all "Teens" are not created equal. More importantly, all parents are not created equal either. What one considers acceptable content, another may find offensive.

I'm alot more worried about social media than gaming as far as exposure to inappropriate content is concerned. Even Gamefaqs, with is legions of moderators, isn't able to keep the place PG-13 rated.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261