Could pockets in Conduit 3 be awesome?!

#1_SignalPosted 1/26/2014 6:24:15 PM
What about a perk in C3 that allowed you to carry an extra perk? - Results (17 votes)
You were right before. That would be AWESOME!
47.06% (8 votes)
Dumbest thing ever. The mods are gonna have a field day with this one.
17.65% (3 votes)
Go back to the drawing board Sig.
23.53% (4 votes)
I give this topic 15 minutes, even though it's not actually off-topic because it discusses a viable feature in a sequel.
11.76% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've been talking in PM's with a few people about the idea of a new perk in Conduit 3, should it ever happen. The perk is called Pockets. That's right, Pockets.

It works like this. If you equip the Pockets perk, it allows you to carry an additional perk. In some ways it would be similar to Conduit 2's Armory perk, which let's you use two primary weapons, except that it would actually add a perk slot, or, you got it, a pocket!

Obviously this doesn't really work with the perks we currently have because of the way they are organized in a tiered system, but with a slightly different system I think it could work.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2hc-valkiriaPosted 1/26/2014 8:01:00 PM
But if u use a perk slot for this "pocket" perk to create an additional perk slot, isn't it defeating its purpose? We would end up with the same number of perk slots
#3_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 8:10:44 PM
The Pocket perk gives you an extra perk slot, so no, you don't just wind up with the same number of perks, that wouldn't be an extra perk slot at all.

However, even in that dumb situation, and I'd like to make it perfectly clear that that's not what I'm talking about, even that would allow you to to have improved ballistics and improved explosives at the same time, or ballistic focus and explosive focus at the same time.

So even a dumb perk like that would get used by some people.

But that's not what I'm talking about.

Let's say you start with 3 perk slots. If you use the Pocket perk, you would have a total number of 5 perk slots... 4 now, not including the one you used for the Pocket perk.

Or maybe the pocket perk doesn't require a slot to be used at all... however it makes the best sense to you.
---
We're on top for now!
#4JVC-AshuraPosted 1/27/2014 6:51:18 AM
I found it weird to use a perk for getting two more perks. A perk has to be a choice between one gamestyle or another. But with your pocket perk you don't choose between something or something else, you just broaden you're possibilities. Which is so broken that everyone should use it...

But yeah I've always wanted to play with reverse damage and the perk that can steal grenades :D
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#5JVC-spacePosted 1/27/2014 7:28:29 AM
JVC-Ashura posted...
I found it weird to use a perk for getting two more perks. A perk has to be a choice between one gamestyle or another. But with your pocket perk you don't choose between something or something else, you just broaden you're possibilities. Which is so broken that everyone should use it...

But yeah I've always wanted to play with reverse damage and the perk that can steal grenades :D

Ammo salvage
#6JVC-spacePosted 1/27/2014 7:48:41 AM
Perks are too basics in C2, I want a real customisation of armors, I want everybody can create a unique loadout. Exemple : a very heavy armor will protect you for but will reduce your movement speed. Depending of his strategy the player will reduce or increase his protections.
Reason ? A balance when you imput Ammo salbvage you are clearly disadvantaged against a player with a damage upgrade (considering he has the same level as you), you have only one solution : the leak. With PR spec it's worse cause you are always visible in the radar.
I want in C3 to improve the system of perks, I want all perks have a disadvantage
#7__CSNPosted 1/27/2014 8:00:05 AM
Conduit 3 won't happen.
#8B05S_BrennanPosted 1/27/2014 11:23:33 AM(edited)
__CSN posted...
Conduit 3 won't happen.

Another Halo like Halo 2 won't happen.

Also, Destiny is gonna be Borderlands 3, so don't get your hopes up with that just because Bungie is the dev.
---
||C2 FC: 1549-9455-6995||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#9Kn0x_GamesPosted 1/31/2014 7:10:51 AM
__CSN posted...
Conduit 3 won't happen.

I believe wii is no longer being sold.

http://kotaku.com/its-officially-over-the-wii-is-no-longer-in-production-1448945660

Anyone got a more credible source?

It may affect whether or not they make C3, if the wii is really no longer being sold in retail stores. Last time I checked Gamestop stopped selling Wii games.

Too much delay and time has passed. If they are going to make C3 they need to hurry.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k ~ Just relax...
My FC is ~ 9678-7706
#10_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 10:46:35 AM
Hi Knox. Good to see you again.

C3 should be for the WiiU anyway, I think, because of the improved graphics and the tablet. A few people want to control the Widowmaker with the tablet. That would be pretty cool.

Also the tablet would allow for some orher unique local multiplayer game modes.
---
We're on top for now!