Ideas for keeping a struggling game alive (C2 related)

#1_SignalPosted 1/29/2014 6:50:52 AM
I was visiting the MHTri message board, mostly just to see their progress on setting up a private server. That game's company server was shut down a few months ago. It does look like they've had some progress since the last time I checked, so that's pretty cool. I played the online game a little bit, but was never very good at it.

It got me thinking about a couple of things. Once C2 is "shut down," will we have someone knowledgeable enough to setup a private server for us? It seems like we would just need to "patch" where everyone's game goes to look for the server, but that's probably a naive view. However, MHTri's online world always looked a lot larger than ours.

It's possible that there's not even anyone at HVS anymore with enough knowledge of how C2 connects to get it to work either.

Apparently some of the guys at MHTri studied how the game connected before it was shut down.

Also, as a side note, I wandered over to the MHU forum, which is the #2 board for the WiiU. There were only 2 1/2 pages of open topics there, which doesn't seem like much. I suppose Miiverse has reduced Gfaqs traffic. I wonder by how much?

Anyway, just some thoughts on where we could find ourselves in the future.

Having said that last bit, I'm always able to find matches online and usually seeing people that I haven't seen before, so that's fun.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2A-Thon_XPosted 1/29/2014 7:01:32 AM
I don't see any private servers happening for conduit 2. I think players will just move on to whatever shooter is hot on the wiiu at the time, which I'm hoping is Con3.
---
(Conduit2):0476-2575-6436(Wii):1375-8333-2941-3062
WoW:(Alliance):Zul'Jinn(Horde):Rivendare(3DS):2020-0431-5367
#3DerppopotamusPosted 1/29/2014 9:21:23 AM
Construct additional pylons.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#4hc-valkiriaPosted 1/29/2014 5:07:03 PM
Honestly our best shot at making a private server would be if kas or cmo or other computer savvy players do that for us. But it'll sadden me greatly when this game dies. This is the only online fps that I really trained hard to get good with.
#5mitigadoPosted 1/30/2014 8:13:02 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
Honestly our best shot at making a private server would be if kas or cmo or other computer savvy players do that for us. But it'll sadden me greatly when this game dies. This is the only online fps that I really trained hard to get good with.

If KAS set it up he would probably have it rigged so if you did something he didn't like he would put you in the corner or like a time out room. hehehe!
#6kastasticPosted 2/4/2014 3:01:26 PM
mitigado posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

If KAS set it up he would probably have it rigged so if you did something he didn't like he would put you in the corner or like a time out room. hehehe!

lol....but true ;)
---
*The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#7like2napPosted 2/6/2014 2:24:54 PM
I'm sure it's possible and I'm sure I could do it, but I don't ever see myself having that kind of time. Plus I don't have enough interest in playing this game to go that far. Also having a server constantly running in the house will likely increase the electric bill. A friend of mine setup a minecraft server and it cost about $5 (maybe more) a month extra on his bill to run it, plus the time and effort it took him to maintain it. Lot of work. I'm sure someone on here likes this game enough to do it, but even if it was only $4 a month that's $48 a year. Pretty steep to play one game. I would have to setup a billing system lol.
#8TMac987654321Posted 2/6/2014 3:55:48 PM
GE > C2
---
MK NIGHTWOLF
#91PefrogPosted 2/6/2014 4:59:40 PM
TMac987654321 posted...
GE > C2

General Electric?
---
More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
#10xXAISPXxPosted 2/6/2014 5:03:58 PM
1Pefrog posted...
TMac987654321 posted...
GE > C2

General Electric?

General Electric > Colonel 2pac
---
SOTD: "Shrimp make me toot toot!!! <3" -sweetbea