Punchs Poll of the Day: Day 105 - Are there any secrets left?

#21_SignalPosted 2/20/2014 6:53:25 AM
It's funny how different it is now. In a lot of ways. I still like hanging out here but I miss you, and Mossy, and alot of those LC'ers.

I say in a lot of ways because even the people that remain here, we're sort of different. Maybe we're just so tired of having the same debates over and over.

Also, here's something that I don't think a lot of people think about. You and I have sort of discussed it privately, but not exactly. It's about that sense of competitive frustration. We're brought up in a culture that tells us practice makes perfect. So, more practice equals more skill. We see it here all the time when someone sort of curtly tells someone else to "get better." Unfortunately, everyone has sort of an innate, call it "skill cap," if you will, that point at which they pretty much reach the peak of their ability, and no matter how much more additional practice they put in, they don't get much better.

I think that frustrates a lot of players, and perhaps the "connection" phenomenon present in this game accentuates that, and they just get bitter or whatever. Some quit, some don't. I certainly peaked with this game a while ago, and now I'm on the downhill slide as far as skill goes. It's not because of lack of other good players. There are plenty of good players that challenge me. But it used to be that if I took one night off, my game really suffered. Now I'm only playing two or three nights a week, and I don't even notice that my game suffers, but it must.

It's just one of those things.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah... how the place has changed. Where's Zeno?
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261