My Email to Nintendo.

#51CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 12:59:43 PM
Shooter613 posted...

But if I know that a system is being replaced soon, then no, I don't expect online support for too long. Also, how populated are the last two games' communities?

I don't think anybody knew.
I fully expected nintendo to keep WFC up as long as possible, based on their philosophy, and stuff.

For Pokemon, IDK if online battling really has a community.
But I think there are very basic game features that utilize online.

For instance, trading pokemon.

If its anything like what X and Y did, Online is pretty integral.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#52Shooter613Posted 3/2/2014 1:09:27 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
If its anything like what X and Y did, Online is pretty integral.

For some reason, I though Black/White 2 were for the Wii, shows how much I know of Pokemon.

But the DS board for Black 2 seems to be the most popular, and they share your opinion, so that's unfair for them. I still think it's the right decision to shut down though, no offense.
---
Conduit 2: Shooter613/FC : 1249-4624-0371
#53xXAISPXxPosted 3/2/2014 1:15:19 PM
Sheesh...
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#54ThePrisoner06Posted 3/2/2014 1:22:40 PM
Don't know if any off you, apart from me, have been reading what has been posted on the main Wii U board.

For a lot of comments that I have read, most people think this is a good move by Nintendo and that hopefully now they are going to fully integrate the Wii U and 3DS account systems.

But there are some who have said that this news is a bad move by Nintendo, and that maybe they should reconsider.

But my line of thinking hasnt changed. I don't like Nintendo doing this, but I have accepted its going to happen. After all Microsoft did exactly the same to the old XBox in 2010. Then XBox Live (Version One) was replaced by the version 2 of XBox Live.

No one of us likes things being turned off, but when it happens, its best to accept it and move on to the next system.

I have and so have others.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#55CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 5:50:05 PM(edited)
ThePrisoner06 posted...
Don't know if any off you, apart from me, have been reading what has been posted on the main Wii U board.

For a lot of comments that I have read, most people think this is a good move by Nintendo and that hopefully now they are going to fully integrate the Wii U and 3DS account systems.

But there are some who have said that this news is a bad move by Nintendo, and that maybe they should reconsider.

But my line of thinking hasnt changed. I don't like Nintendo doing this, but I have accepted its going to happen. After all Microsoft did exactly the same to the old XBox in 2010. Then XBox Live (Version One) was replaced by the version 2 of XBox Live.

No one of us likes things being turned off, but when it happens, its best to accept it and move on to the next system.

What would this have to do with an account system?

What makes it a good move? what positive thing do we get from it?

As for moving onto the next system.
As of yet, there isn't any content to replace that which is being discontinued, Except for some of the very Oldest stuff.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#56like2napPosted 3/2/2014 9:02:42 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
ThePrisoner06 posted...

What would this have to do with an account system?

What makes it a good move? what positive thing do we get from it?

As for moving onto the next system.
As of yet, there isn't any content to replace that which is being discontinued, Except for some of the very Oldest stuff.

What all needs replacing? Mario Kart and Smash Bros are coming soon. COD community has two games. So those people are covered. There's a Monster Hunter game. Good there.

What's left? GE and The Conduit Series. Anything else on Wii that was popular? (I'm really asking cause I can't remember and don't have time to do any research ATM) I think the company that made the GE games is gone. (feel free to correct me on that). The Conduit Series and GE are the only ones that I can think of that won't get another game anytime soon which is a downer for those crowds but this was going to happen eventually. I didn't think it would be this soon either though. I see it as a good thing in that they are focusing on their new systems. Kind of a downer that I can't go back and play some older games online, but I'm quite happy with the new ones I have now and excited about games coming in the future. Hoping they don't cancel Watchdogs...that would be disappointing.
#57CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 9:25:23 PM(edited)
like2nap posted...
Mario Kart and Smash Bros are coming soon.

But they're not out!

The wait for the new smash is hard enough even while I'm able to play brawl.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#58like2napPosted 3/2/2014 9:35:37 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
like2nap posted...

But they're not out!

lol I understand the feeling but it IS COMING! I think I might go crazy waiting for the next Metroid or Zelda game, but I know they're coming.

I'm also curious as to how Zelda would play. I loved the motion controls in Skyward Sword and I would love to have that option again. At the same time though playing RPG action adventure games (like Darksiders 2) are GREAT with the gamepad if done right. I love the gamepad usage in Darksiders 2 and also Batman Arkham City.
#59CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 10:22:05 PM
like2nap posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
like2nap posted...

But they're not out!

lol I understand the feeling but it IS COMING! I think I might go crazy waiting for the next Metroid or Zelda game, but I know they're coming.

I'm also curious as to how Zelda would play. I loved the motion controls in Skyward Sword and I would love to have that option again. At the same time though playing RPG action adventure games (like Darksiders 2) are GREAT with the gamepad if done right. I love the gamepad usage in Darksiders 2 and also Batman Arkham City.

There have been statements to suggest that Nintendo was not satisfied with the motion control reception in SS, and it does not seem as though the next game will be designed around it.

Though I am quite sure if that is true, it will still be offered as an option.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#60like2napPosted 3/3/2014 3:03:02 AM
I hope they do put it in there. I know why some people didn't like it. They didn't know what they were doing. I saw a couple of friends play it and they're just trying to waggle their way through it. You have to do full motions and be precise. And no matter how many times I told them they just couldn't do it. I showed them even. Still just waggling. They had the same trouble with Red Steel 2. Also I tried showing them how to aim in COD and Red Steel 2. They just couldn't get it.

I don't understand why some people don't get it. Maybe they don't want to put in the effort. I don't know. I knew I would love the wiimote when I heard what it can do and I was right. Motion controls just came naturally to me and it was a nice change instead of just holding a controller and pushing buttons with my thumbs like I had been doing for 20+ years prior.