FFA Sniping Tourney?

#41hc-valkiriaPosted 3/4/2014 1:50:00 PM
Well that may be the case with you, but certainly not in a general sense. I for one like sr over pr. Plus, any good player will avoid getting close enough for a pr no scope. Yes it has delay. But if one knows how to engage the enemy, it isn't an issue. And accuracy, again, not an issue if u know how to engage someone. If u have difficulty with sr, then try changing ur playstyle. It works, but perhaps not for you.
#42CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 1:52:07 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
Well that may be the case with you, but certainly not in a general sense. I for one like sr over pr. Plus, any good player will avoid getting close enough for a pr no scope. Yes it has delay. But if one knows how to engage the enemy, it isn't an issue. And accuracy, again, not an issue if u know how to engage someone. If u have difficulty with sr, then try changing ur playstyle. It works, but perhaps not for you.

What?

Look at how many people use the PR over the SR.

I think you should get my point at this time now.
---
Cmo More Often.
"KAS has spoken! /('O')/ Hi KAS gang" ~The21stgun
#43hc-valkiriaPosted 3/4/2014 1:57:59 PM
Usage has nothing to do with power. People use pr because it has so many special perks which is y almost all randoms use it. If everybody uses warp pistol, does that mean its better than usp? Same thing here.
#44eig7htyPosted 3/4/2014 2:02:25 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
eig7hty posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
you still aren't as fast as quickscoping with the Phase Rifle

SR has no ADS delay when firing......

No, my accuracy is bad and you have to lead your shots, yes it very quick ADSing, but I'm still horrid at actually hitting targets.

Fixed.
---
If the result of tommorrow is today, what would you have done yesterday?
#45Shooter613Posted 3/4/2014 2:07:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#46xXAISPXxPosted 3/4/2014 2:51:54 PM
The Phase Rifle and the Strike rifle are two different snipers. They are nearly the exact opposite. The Strike Rifle has an ammo, perk, rate of fire, and closer combat advantage.

It is possible to effectively kill at a close angle and perception with a Strike Rifle, for the hip fire is better in ever way. With the Strike Rifle, you can even apply double armor or stealth unlike the Phase Rifle where most will use PR Spec. This is an "if" situation, though. The Strike Rifle is a weapon to be used by "smart" players, and is hands down better at close combat and stealthy locations.

The Phase Rifle will dominate the open and abyssal places. It has an advantage to kill fast, kill hard, and to kill accurately. There's really not much to say about this weapon other than being a killing machine. However, the top weaknesses for a Phase Rifle are stealth and double armor. Not to mention that the Phase Rifle can snipe through walls, but there's a perk for that.

So choose wisely. These weapons vary widely and have special ways of using them. Not having luck with these weapons? Use them properly.
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#47CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 2:57:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/4/2014 3:00:32 PM
I still think, that for the 4 man FFA, penetration could make things stupid.

with 4 people, it basically opens up for anybody being attack from any direction all of the time, particularly on smaller maps.
Plus, I really just don't see the need if this is supposed to be a proper sniping battle.

And, Even if its not a rule.
I'll be making 3 separate loadouts, Each 1 dedicated to one of the snipers, which I will use exclusively for that loadout.

I won't be using melee either, or grenades.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#49CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 3:00:34 PM
Anyway, any further discussion of which is better won't be acknowledged by me, because this is about a FFA sniping tourney, NOT which weapon is better.

So, we have Signal, Play4God, Chain, Maybe Shooter in this, anybody else I'm forgetting?
---
Cmo More Often.
#50CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 3:02:01 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I still think, that for the 4 man FFA, penetration could make things stupid.

with 4 people, it basically opens up for anybody being attack from any direction all of the time, particularly on smaller maps.
Plus, I really just don't see the need if this is supposed to be a proper sniping battle.

And, Even if its not a rule.
I'll be making 3 separate loadouts, Each 1 dedicated to one of the snipers, which I will use exclusively for that loadout.

I won't be using melee either, or grenades.

You know, people can run away from being sniped through walls? Right?

Also, you mean 2 loadouts, because the HVS.45 isn't a sniper.
---
Cmo More Often.