Will be contacting Nintendo

#1Green_BeretsPosted 3/3/2014 9:49:43 AM
I will contacting Nintendo to strike a deal with them with the gaming community to try to keep the Wi-Fi servers to be running for the games. I know I haven't been on for awhile and I will be quitting playing Call of Duty to be coming back to my loyal friends on the Conduit platform if all fails. If we fail to compromise, it will be nice playing with you all and hopefully we can get some group together to keep in touch or create a way to open servers for Conduit 2 in some other way.
---
Green_Berets Conduit 2 code: 0090 1754 8443
Proud author of the short story "Bloody Remains" with the sequel to follow. Got some chips?
#2ashank2019Posted 3/3/2014 10:10:10 AM
I sent the an email too at them.

I'm hobo, remember me?
#3Unlucky_7Posted 3/3/2014 10:28:53 AM
I don't think it's gonna work, SMAW jockey. You don't just "negotiate" with Nintendo. They make their business decisions, often s***ty ones, without any outside influence from delusional fanboys.

The one incidence of Nintendo actually listening that comes to my mind is agreeing not to cancel the Melee stream for EVO 2013, but that doesn't even matter since Smash Bros sucks.
#4_SignalPosted 3/3/2014 11:13:23 AM
Good to see you GB...I may have also overlooked you on the Player Profile list... I will rectify that tonight. It's nice to see you back, and I'm looking forward to playing you again.

As I understand it Unlucky, this wasn't really a business decision, not exactly.

The company which Nintendo WFC WiFi was outsourced to was bought out. Nintendo's contract is up and the new owners do not wish to renew it. Or at least they haven't reached an agreement. Most of the older Nintendo games can't be easily patched by download to be directed at a different server.

C2 is different however, because it can be patched. It along with any other Wii game that can be patched, could be patched to point at a different server.

But its just a question of whether or not Nintendo is willing to pursue this.

It's odd really. At a time when they are trying to boost sales of their new console and build consumer confidence, they really need to be working hard to show that they deserve the consumer loyalty. I think it's a pretty big business blunder on their part to not have been open about why these services were being discontinued, and not to be making every effort to maintain consumer confidence by getting some system in place before May 20.

This shutdown isn't going to boost WiiU sales very much, because anyone who is really dying to play the new MK game will get one anyway, or already has.

If anything, in my opinion, this will depress sales because it shows that Nintendo isn't doing a good job of managing their resources and when they run into a problem they just let it go.

There are other options for establishing connectivity, but that would rest in our hands to develop.

Sorry, just my thoughts.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#5CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/3/2014 12:58:43 PM
_Signal posted...
Good to see you GB...I may have also overlooked you on the Player Profile list... I will rectify that tonight. It's nice to see you back, and I'm looking forward to playing you again.

As I understand it Unlucky, this wasn't really a business decision, not exactly.

The company which Nintendo WFC WiFi was outsourced to was bought out. Nintendo's contract is up and the new owners do not wish to renew it. Or at least they haven't reached an agreement. Most of the older Nintendo games can't be easily patched by download to be directed at a different server.

C2 is different however, because it can be patched. It along with any other Wii game that can be patched, could be patched to point at a different server.

But its just a question of whether or not Nintendo is willing to pursue this.

It's odd really. At a time when they are trying to boost sales of their new console and build consumer confidence, they really need to be working hard to show that they deserve the consumer loyalty. I think it's a pretty big business blunder on their part to not have been open about why these services were being discontinued, and not to be making every effort to maintain consumer confidence by getting some system in place before May 20.

This shutdown isn't going to boost WiiU sales very much, because anyone who is really dying to play the new MK game will get one anyway, or already has.

If anything, in my opinion, this will depress sales because it shows that Nintendo isn't doing a good job of managing their resources and when they run into a problem they just let it go.

There are other options for establishing connectivity, but that would rest in our hands to develop.

Sorry, just my thoughts.

Good thoughts at that, I have to agree with you Sig.
---
Cmo More Often.
"KAS has spoken! /('O')/ Hi KAS gang" ~The21stgun
#6LigersRulePosted 3/3/2014 1:17:46 PM
_Signal posted...

Do you realize that to this day, the Wii still outsells the Wii U? Of course you do. It's easy to believe. Honestly, the success of the Wii is actually a roadblock to the Wii U's success. Why should anybody buy a Wii U when they can get all of the games they want on the Wii?

Now there is an answer. I don't think it will show an immediate effect, but it might long-term slow the sales of the Wii, which I would think would have a positive effect on the Wii U.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#7CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/3/2014 1:22:23 PM
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...

Do you realize that to this day, the Wii still outsells the Wii U? Of course you do. It's easy to believe. Honestly, the success of the Wii is actually a roadblock to the Wii U's success. Why should anybody buy a Wii U when they can get all of the games they want on the Wii?

Now there is an answer. I don't think it will show an immediate effect, but it might long-term slow the sales of the Wii, which I would think would have a positive effect on the Wii U.

Not really, especially when you look at the other consoles, the Xbox One and PS4 have far better features and games for most people man.

What Nintendo NEEDS to do to boost sales for Wii U is to just make it a better system and to have more support, third party support is really what is needed to be specific.
---
Cmo More Often.
"KAS has spoken! /('O')/ Hi KAS gang" ~The21stgun
#8_SignalPosted 3/3/2014 2:14:52 PM
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...

The WiiU was a blunder, no doubt. There are several levels of blunderation that we can get into later, but moving away from motion control to DA was a big step backwards in my opinion. The tablet seems more like a gimmick than something revolutionary like motion control. It feels heavy, clumsy, and not ergonomically designed, especially when compared to the Wiimote/Nunchuck combination. Two Nunchucks which plugged into a box would be more comfortable than holding the tablet.

I assume the Wii still outsells the WiiU because of price and literally the hundreds of fun offline games that are available, but people should just be buying the WiiU and playing in Wii mode for that.

Is it possible for them to patch the Wii mode of the WiiU? If the Wii mode of the WiiU could go online with the Nintendo Network instead of WFC, the whole problem would be solved, and people would be motivated to purchase a U just for that functionality. Maybe they just need to create an entirely new Wii emulator for the WiiU that could use the new network. They could call it Wii2U, or something else super confusing like that. The more confusing it is, the more likely Nintendo will go for it. Problem solved.

Well, I'm gonna try to not morn the loss until it's actually gone. Then I'll devote myself to it full time.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#9xXAISPXxPosted 3/3/2014 2:21:27 PM
Lig makes a valid point. Nintendo most likely wants its fans to move on to the updated products. So they decided to disassemble the desired part of the Wii: online multiplayer.

Let us not forget that you can play Wii games on the Wii U, despite the prolonged Wii to Wii U data conversion.
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#10xXAISPXxPosted 3/3/2014 2:25:37 PM
I guess it's a "We'll see" kind of thing. Nobody can be sure what Nintendo is doing. We can only sputter what the effects of this shutdown will be.
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!