Will be contacting Nintendo

#11CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/3/2014 2:26:25 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Lig makes a valid point. Nintendo most likely wants its fans to move on to the updated products. So they decided to disassemble the desired part of the Wii: online multiplayer.

Let us not forget that you can play Wii games on the Wii U, despite the prolonged Wii to Wii U data conversion.

Well they could of just transferred over Wii the servers to Wii U if they could, which isn't unlikely, better deal if you ask me.
---
Cmo More Often.
"KAS has spoken! /('O')/ Hi KAS gang" ~The21stgun
#12xXAISPXxPosted 3/3/2014 2:27:15 PM
That'd be interesting.
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#13CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/3/2014 2:50:36 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
That'd be interesting.

Yes, it would be.
---
Cmo More Often.
#14CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/3/2014 3:21:40 PM(edited)
Current information shows that the reason WFC is going offline isn't because nintendo chose to take it down.

Nitnendo didn't take down the DS's online when the 3DS was struggling.

I can't think of a single time when Nintendo has ended a service in order push people to spend more money.

Despite nintendo's slow action in implimenting a unified account system, Nintendo's philosophy has always been that you should own your games, and not be dependent on services.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#15LigersRulePosted 3/3/2014 5:22:41 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I can't think of a single time when Nintendo has ended a service in order push people to spend more money.

Since when has Nintendo had a service to discontinue in the first place?

Anyway, a system a year and a half old is being outsold by one 8 years old. Obviously they can't continue that trend. They had to do something. This wasn't the case with the 3DS. The 3DS started slow, but is now doing amazing. The Wii U started dreadful, and has only gotten worse since.

Even then, they DID take drastic action when the 3DS was struggling. They cut $80 off and gave out free games. They already tried slashing the Wii U price. It didn't do anything.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#16CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/3/2014 6:16:44 PM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Since when has Nintendo had a service to discontinue in the first place?

Anyway, a system a year and a half old is being outsold by one 8 years old. Obviously they can't continue that trend. They had to do something. This wasn't the case with the 3DS. The 3DS started slow, but is now doing amazing. The Wii U started dreadful, and has only gotten worse since.

Even then, they DID take drastic action when the 3DS was struggling. They cut $80 off and gave out free games. They already tried slashing the Wii U price. It didn't do anything.

Where the heck are you getting your information from?

Wii isn't even close to outselling the wii U, and hasn't been for a long time.
I think the last time, was back in September.

Wii U hit a pretty terrible slump last summer, but it has been steadily improving. The only time it was getting worse was between February and July.

Nintendo has always had services. From the game help lines, to their Nsider forums, or Techsider as they have now. Even some really obscure stuff, like their satellite broadcasts.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#17ashank2019Posted 3/3/2014 7:38:44 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Lig makes a valid point. Nintendo most likely wants its fans to move on to the updated products. So they decided to disassemble the desired part of the Wii: online multiplayer.

Let us not forget that you can play Wii games on the Wii U, despite the prolonged Wii to Wii U data conversion.

Remember me AISPí I'm hobo who plays you a lot, not to stalk you but do you guys live one the west coast? What country.
#18xXAISPXxPosted 3/4/2014 2:01:18 PM
Yes, I remember. And no, I live in the east coast but born on the west, both being of the USA.
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#19CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/4/2014 2:08:19 PM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
They already tried slashing the Wii U price. It didn't do anything.

Cutting down the price by 50 dollars isn't enough.
---
Cmo More Often.
#20CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/4/2014 2:42:00 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
They already tried slashing the Wii U price. It didn't do anything.

Cutting down the price by 50 dollars isn't enough.

It is, if the price isn't the problem.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656