The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Day 74 Conduit 2 Map Detail Analysis: The Slick Spot in Streets Prime

#1_SignalPosted 3/7/2014 10:37:11 AM
Obviously the two Rubble Piles in Streets Prime serves a number of purposes, like closing off the map in a way that seems suitable, and providing a place to snipe from, and we'll talk in detail about those later, but what I wanted to talk about now was The Slick Spot going up The Rubble Pile.

The Slick Spot is on the incline going up the Rubble Pile. I'm not sure if it's on both Rubble Piles or not, but it is certainly on one of them.

I had pretty much forgotten about The Slick Spot, until a few days ago when Andy mentioned doing another Duel. In our last Duel, we fought on the Streets Prime map, and the way the match worked was like this: We faced each other in the center of the map and a referee dropped a flash grenade between us. When the grenade went off, we walked to the opposing Rubble Piles, climbed up, turned, and fired.

The Slick Spot was a potential hazard, because if you hit it, you were delayed in reaching the top, and had less time to aim.

Even in regular matches The Slick Spot can be deadly! Hit The Slick Spot, slide back to the bottom, and some laggy backstabber gets you when you least expect it!

What do you guys think about the Slick Spot? Do you like playing on the map with The Slick Spot? Are there other maps with Slick Spots? Does The Slick Spot make the game more fun?

Thanks for contributing!
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 11:49:59 AM
I had some time to dig through my old videos and found one of the Duel matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4xyBXB9vJg

You can actually see me slip right at the beginning, at 18 seconds.

I'm sorry the quality isn't better. Maybe Andy has some better videos of this, doesn't he have a Youtube channel?
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#3The21stgunPosted 3/8/2014 12:08:02 PM
Next one should be "The Crater" in Lost City
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html
#4Shooter613Posted 3/8/2014 6:49:01 PM
The Slick Spot is dangerous.

Andy was also dangerous, but in a different way. His Shrieker usage was unmatched at the time and his hopping technique was helpful in battle (although confusing while watching his vids :s). He always showed a strong spirit of competitiveness and he never backed down from a challenge. Personally, he was a fun person to play with and one that is very easy to get along with.
---
Conduit 2: Shooter613/FC : 1249-4624-0371
#5ThePrisoner06Posted 3/9/2014 9:19:28 PM
First off, Thank You Samu.

Secondy, Signal I cant find any video that I may have recorded of our duel, am sure I thought I recorded it, but maybe not.

But as for that slick spot just in front of the rubble, its been causing people problems again n again.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#6nightfire0013Posted 3/10/2014 6:19:14 PM
I always forget about that spot, so it always gives me trouble.

Andy is always fun to play with. Just when you think you've caught a break from his Shrieker, you see a group of TPC's bouncing your way. Then you respawn ):
---
A dangerous foe, if a somewhat disinterested ally.
#7xXAISPXxPosted 3/10/2014 6:31:59 PM
Andy.

He was really the first true rival I considered when I played Conduit 2. I first met him as AndyIntheUK.

The only set of games I remember with him back then was Agartha. We both used SCAR and if I recall correctly we both were equivalent in using it. He was a progenitor and I might have been as well, not sure. This was back in late 2011 to January 2012.

I've had some very fun times with Andy. He's a trustworthy friend and will never let you down.
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#8Liquid_FalcolotPosted 3/11/2014 8:42:11 AM
Aww. Look at all the bromance in here.

It almost makes me wish that the serv....nah, this game still sucks, LMAO.
#9xXAISPXxPosted 3/11/2014 9:26:15 AM
Liquid_Falcolot posted...

Kastastic?
---
No more Nintendo WFC, no more SOTD!
#10CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/11/2014 11:02:25 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
Liquid_Falcolot posted...

Kastastic?

Lol, its Failcon.
---
Cmo More Often.
"KAS has spoken! /('O')/ Hi KAS gang" ~The21stgun