Day 69 Conduit 2 Map Detail Analysis: The Catwalk in Sanctum Prime

#1_SignalPosted 3/14/2014 11:05:51 AM
The Catwalk is one of the most prominent features of the large room in Sanctum Prime, and is a feature carried over from the Sanctum map in The Conduit. The boxes below the ends are piled slightly differently from TCon, making access a little different, but essentially the same.

I've seen many snipers or would-be snipers perched on the Catwalk. Boxdude used to pick them off one by one from a spot on the balcony near the room with the large glass window.

I've tried sniping from The Catwalk myself, but it seems like most of the action in that map happens downstairs around the Speed Control Point or in the stairways.

Because The Catwalk is directly above the Control Point, it's not a good spot to cover that area from. I always wanted to be able to jump to one of the other catwalks from the center but it seems to be too far without hacking.

What do you guys think of the Catwalk? Is is a good place to snipe from, or like Boxdude, is it a better target area? Do you wish other maps had a feature like The Catwalk? Did The Catwalk make the game more fun?

Please contribute. Thanks.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/14/2014 11:21:45 AM
Catwalk?

maybe you can find a video so I know what you're talking about.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3B05S_P4GPosted 3/14/2014 2:17:20 PM
On the top part of Sanctum Prime, the beam that you can climb onto.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | Currently playing Conduit 2 on Wii until it's gone.
#4Silent_NexusPosted 3/19/2014 11:30:31 PM
I always wanted to test a theory regarding the catwalk.

Theoretically, if someone is sniping form the catwalk, you could launch a charged Deatomizer shot, rotated 90 degrees, so that the top of the bolo hits the far edge of the catwalk underneath the sniper, and the shot would slam into the snipers face for good bit of damage. And with the time it takes for the shot to reach its destination, you switch to another gun to finish off the the kill.

Also, speaking of the Deatomizer, if your opponent is running on the catwalk and you are one the opposite end, you can also launch a charged shot horizontally to force them off the catwalk, for a potential suicide. Or for major damage. Just beware of people jumping over the shots because they are rather slow moving.
---
"Tag, you're dead."
-Anya Alstreim (Code Geass)
#5_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:52:53 AM
Silent_Nexus posted...
I always wanted to test a theory regarding the catwalk.

Theoretically, if someone is sniping form the catwalk, you could launch a charged Deatomizer shot, rotated 90 degrees, so that the top of the bolo hits the far edge of the catwalk underneath the sniper, and the shot would slam into the snipers face for good bit of damage. And with the time it takes for the shot to reach its destination, you switch to another gun to finish off the the kill.

Haha... I want to try this.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261