Day 67 Conduit 2 Map Detail Analysis - The Tank in Pentagon.

#1ThePrisoner06Posted 3/15/2014 12:12:03 PM
Having played this game since May 2011, I have had loads of matches in all the map areas that can be used. But the first match that I had in Pentagon got me thinking, why is that Tank there and can it be used in anyway.

One of my first matches in Pentagon in the PAL region featured a player called WINDI. He was crouching behind the side of the tank and had the PR in his hands and was picking off players when they respawned in the enemy base in front of him. So here is one use for the tank, it gives you something to hide behind.

Then in the Spring of 2012 I crossed over the pond and started playing in the NTSC region, later became one of the members of [LC], and am still playing the game as I type this.

Have had countless matches in Pentagon, running past that tank, and sometimes actually standing on top of it. But I do remember seeing Chain standing on top of the tank on match and firing up into the windows above where the tank is placed, and actually getting a kill from that position. So maybe increasing your elevation can help in this game.

Over the last 2 years I have seen that Tank being used in many ways. One is for placing the Widowmaker Turret on top of it, a very good tactic for spawn trapping. The second main use is using it as cover whilst sniping with the PR.

But what if you could actually get into that tank, rotate the barrel to the left and had the opportunity to fire an incendiary shell that burnt for 10 seconds up into the enemy base. Or would this be a case of overkill lol.

Please Contribute!
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#2B05S_P4GPosted 3/15/2014 2:41:33 PM
I always wished you could use the tank.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | Currently playing Conduit 2 on Wii until it's gone.
#3xXAISPXxPosted 3/15/2014 4:39:10 PM
B05S_P4G posted...
I always wished you could use the tank.

This, but the map would need to be bigger.
---
The Conduit: 2009-2014 (5 years)
Conduit 2: 2011-2014 (3 years)
#4kastasticPosted 3/16/2014 11:57:10 AM
You can also use the tank to get into the "duct" on the side of the wall.....
^no hacks needed...just the speed control point.

I also managed to get inside the tank a few times using the shoot pause technique....nothing special.
---
*The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#5ThePrisoner06(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 2:55:10 PM
Thought it was possible to get in there.

But can anything be done when you are in it?
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#6kastasticPosted 3/16/2014 9:49:04 PM
ThePrisoner06 posted...
Thought it was possible to get in there.

But can anything be done when you are in it?

lol....Ya, you can shoot people ;)
Kinda like being under the stairs in streets.
Nothing extra was added inside the tank just a hollow shell....<unlike the cars on streets @ least they have steering wheels and some other details inside.

Although it would probably look cool if someone saw a rocket shoot out of the barrel.
^Never thought of doing that....I just know someone would be "dazed"...lol
---
*The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#7_SignalPosted 3/22/2014 11:44:35 AM
I love that tank!

How did it get in there anyway?
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#8Silent_NexusPosted 3/22/2014 12:26:21 PM
ThePrisoner06 posted...
But what if you could actually get into that tank, rotate the barrel to the left and had the opportunity to fire an incendiary shell that burnt for 10 seconds up into the enemy base. Or would this be a case of overkill lol.

I would be all up for that, if there was a tank on both sides.

I tend to use the tank for cover from Widowmaker Turrets and snipers that tend to situate themselves on the rubble pile at the end of the open are, or the floor right above that.
---
"Tag, you're dead."
-Anya Alstreim (Code Geass)
#9_SignalPosted 3/24/2014 8:39:39 AM
Agreed, there definitely needs to be a tank on both sides, or maybe the single tank could be crashed through the Speed Control Point and be moved to the other side. What if you could use the tank to destroy the Control Points?

Also, about Chain using cover, way way back when Chain and I were fighting Jaye and Samu in the 2v2 matches, Chain spent a lot of time watching and analyzing Samus movements, I think by watching Samu's videos. Chain made an elaborate diagram of one of the maps that the match was to be fought on, and illustrated every route that Samu took to get somewhere, indicating where he paused, and where he liked to fire from.

While I was impressed with all this work and effort, I felt a little overwhelmed and somewhat inadequate. I thought he probably deserved a better partner than me in the 2v2 matches. After all, I was just planning on showing up and shooting at everything that moved, like I always do. Don't be surprised if you take a shot or punch from me if your on my team. I get worked up sometimes and have a little trouble distinguishing the red and the blue. Well, that's not totally true. Sometimes I just forget which team I'm on.

Anyway, of course we got stomped both times we challenged them. I mean, come on, it was Jaye and Samu, and we all know what happens to plans when things start to go south. But if I remember correctly, in the map that Chain analyzed we put up a pretty good fight. I still use Samus routes and "spots" today when I play on that map, and I think it's one of the reasons I'm successful on it.

Of course now that I've gotten to know Chain, I realize that he puts that much effort into everything he does. I think it's one of his strongest qualities.

There are literally dozens of stories I could tell about Chain, like the one where he sent me equally detailed instructions for swapping out my router, but the Samu-route story will always be my favorite.

Chain is one of my closest friends here and I probably would not still be playing this game if it weren't for him (thanks a lot, LOL).

Chain usually runs around in-game as a Trust Soldier (That is a Trust Soldier, right?? I guess I really should learn the different character names) with a Strike Rifle and HVS45. He always puts up a good fight against my PR/USP with these, which is interesting to me because his primary has a faster rate of fire than mine, but his secondary is slower.

In addition to playing as NS_CHAIN he also plays perkless as Discover, and sometimes as FF5.

His favorite word is “IMPOSSIBLE!”

Chain, you will be happy to know that I have now setup my new router. Of course I had to move to a new house to do it, and in the interest of full disclosure I probably should mention that my old router didn't work with my new ISP, so... yeah. LOL.

Thank you for the hundreds of challenging games of C2, for being a good team-mate, and for being an excellent friend.

Here’s to the next game !

Oh and I haven’t forgotten. We still have an outstanding Battle Ladder challenge.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/26/2014 9:29:06 AM
Why is my favorite word 'IMPOSSIBLE"? :o
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656