How does Conduit 2 compare to Titanfall?

#11hc-valkiriaPosted 3/21/2014 1:30:35 PM
_Signal posted...
Is Titanfall a high health FPS?

Are there a variety of weapons?

On the PC do you play with the mouse?

Are the controls complicated or sort of arcadey?

the variety of weapons is pretty limited. there is only one type of gun for each category except sniper rifles. the health is slightly more than COD but it still follows the same tactics as COD somewhat. However, it is more 3 dimensional like c2. you can use jet packs to jump 2 stories high and run on walls. the controls, for the xbox one, are pretty standard for the most part.
#12LigersRulePosted 3/21/2014 7:23:55 PM
Honestly? At the end of the day, Titanfall is Call of Duty with a bunch of added bells and whistles. Respawn Entertainment, who made Titanfall, is entirely made up of ex-Infinity Ward employees (makers of the CoD:MW games). They obviously changed it in some ways, but they really just made what they have always been good at; a Call of Duty, but something new. Conduit 2, meanwhile, isn't so plain.

(warning: this part get's very opinionated, so be careful. If you don't like me, you may as well stop reading here, because this is all going to be bullcrap to you. )

Here's how I see it: There are three different styles of FPS games. They would probably be classified as the "moderns", the "Sci-fis", and the "Arenas". I just call them the CoDs, the Halos, and the Quakes. For instance, Battlefield is a CoD style FPS (low health, medium paced, somewhat realistic). Crysis is a Halo style FPS (High health, slow paced, unrealistic). Unreal Tournament is a Quake style FPS (High Health, Extremely fast paced, Extremely unrealistic).

"The Conduit" (not C2) took two of those styles and merged it. It was half Halo, half quake. That's why a lot of people fell in love with it. Based on the response from TCon, HVS decided to change some things for C2. They added more CoD styles to it. Loadouts, perks, and even somewhat how the game controlled; all very much more CoD than before.

Because of all that, Conduit 2 ended up being a mixture of all three types (CoD, Halo, Quake) and doesn't do any of them particularly well (some people like that). Titanfall knew what it was from the get-go. It was CoD with new bells and whistles. Anybody who has played it can agree that it's not Halo, and it's certainly not Quake. I love that it has parkour and mechs, it's what sets TF out from all the rest of the millions of CoD style games out there.

However, to compare C2 to TF is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Honestly, comparing C2 to any other FPS isn't exactly fair, because it doesn't fit into any one category. It's just weird.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#13hc-valkiriaPosted 3/21/2014 8:54:06 PM
LigersRule posted...
Honestly? At the end of the day, Titanfall is Call of Duty with a bunch of added bells and whistles. Respawn Entertainment, who made Titanfall, is entirely made up of ex-Infinity Ward employees (makers of the CoD:MW games). They obviously changed it in some ways, but they really just made what they have always been good at; a Call of Duty, but something new. Conduit 2, meanwhile, isn't so plain.

(warning: this part get's very opinionated, so be careful. If you don't like me, you may as well stop reading here, because this is all going to be bullcrap to you. )

Here's how I see it: There are three different styles of FPS games. They would probably be classified as the "moderns", the "Sci-fis", and the "Arenas". I just call them the CoDs, the Halos, and the Quakes. For instance, Battlefield is a CoD style FPS (low health, medium paced, somewhat realistic). Crysis is a Halo style FPS (High health, slow paced, unrealistic). Unreal Tournament is a Quake style FPS (High Health, Extremely fast paced, Extremely unrealistic).

"The Conduit" (not C2) took two of those styles and merged it. It was half Halo, half quake. That's why a lot of people fell in love with it. Based on the response from TCon, HVS decided to change some things for C2. They added more CoD styles to it. Loadouts, perks, and even somewhat how the game controlled; all very much more CoD than before.

Because of all that, Conduit 2 ended up being a mixture of all three types (CoD, Halo, Quake) and doesn't do any of them particularly well (some people like that). Titanfall knew what it was from the get-go. It was CoD with new bells and whistles. Anybody who has played it can agree that it's not Halo, and it's certainly not Quake. I love that it has parkour and mechs, it's what sets TF out from all the rest of the millions of CoD style games out there.

However, to compare C2 to TF is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Honestly, comparing C2 to any other FPS isn't exactly fair, because it doesn't fit into any one category. It's just weird.

i see your point and i agree. it is nothing like it. i honestly think that the only thing they have in common is that their 3 dimensional unlike COD. other than that, tf is like COD
#14JVC-AshuraPosted 3/22/2014 4:37:29 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
LigersRule posted...

i see your point and i agree. it is nothing like it. i honestly think that the only thing they have in common is that their 3 dimensional unlike COD. other than that, tf is like COD

Yeah, that was a very interesting post and it fits well with what i've seen in TF videos.
If only we could remove that CoD part and put some C2 gamestyle instead. Then, TF would be perfect!
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#15hc-valkiriaPosted 3/22/2014 8:01:42 AM
Well the main reason it feels like call of duty is due to the fact that most ppl play it like COD. However, these are the types of players that dont play well. In order to do well, one needs to know how to fight in a 3 dimensional field, not linear like COD. The only thing in common is the quickscoping technique all the assault rifle users use in COD and tf.
#16dacheatcodePosted 3/28/2014 3:34:12 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
The two games play nothing alike.

Both games have shields that reflect things shot at you back...
---
*Facts all come with points of view,
Facts don't do what I want them to.