Need Some Opinions Before I Contact Nintendo (C2 Related)

#1Green_BeretsPosted 3/20/2014 7:05:24 AM
Okay folks. Everything is almost ready to go before I officially have a full opinionated protest against them shutting down the Wi-Fi on the Wii. The only thing that is left is the video and your opinions to make the outcry stronger.
Now to do this, I need you to send me or reply and tell me your favorite things, anything that they could do, pros of keeping it on, how you've enjoyed their products, or anything else. So if you really want to get some action into the fight to keep the Wi-Fi up, I need your help. If you have any friends or family that want to voice their say, do so too. If this goes well, we'll have one heck of a advantage to keep it up.
---
Green_Berets Conduit 2 code: 0090 1754 8443
Proud author of the short story "Bloody Remains" with the sequel to follow. Got some chips?
#2_SignalPosted 3/20/2014 8:07:33 AM
I will PM you.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#3Unlucky_7Posted 3/20/2014 8:33:39 AM
lol
#4B05S_P4GPosted 3/20/2014 8:37:12 AM
Hello,

Please forgive the delay in our response. I can certainly understand your not wanting the Nintendo WFC service to end. Your feedback regarding this matter is extremely important to us, so your comments have been documented and will be shared with the appropriate personnel. However, the Nintendo WFC service will end on May 20th, 2014.

The Nintendo WFC service began to be used here in the Americas in November of 2005, and has thus provided over eight years of entertainment to Nintendo fans since then. I'd like to thank you for using the service and helping to make it as successful as it currently is today. With that being said, we feel that now is the right time to terminate these services in order to focus on the development of an even higher level of service for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. This will enable us to ready our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS matchmaking services for upcoming games such as Mario Kart 8 and the next Super Smash Bros. games.

Users can still play affected games in offline mode, which continues to offer a rich game-play experience. Additionally, for Nintendo DS games that support local wireless play, you can continue to use local wireless features to play with others locally (up to a maximum range of about 30 feet). I realize that this announcement came as a surprise, but we hope you'll understand our reasons for ending the service an will decide to continue to stay with Nintendo. Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,

Ben Weekly
Nintendo of America, Inc.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | EMERGENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH2kIFwdjI
#5hc-valkiriaPosted 3/20/2014 8:48:35 AM
B05S_P4G posted...
Hello,

Users can still play affected games in offline mode, which continues to offer a rich game-play experience.

lol yea the campaign and invasion for c2 are sooooooooo thrilling.
#6_SignalPosted 3/20/2014 11:54:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with letting Nintendo know that we are upset enough about the shutdown to complain. In some ways it's irrelevant whether or not anything would or even could be done about the situation.

The stereotype of the Nintendo owner as a casual gamer who only cares about playing games with Nintendo characters like Mario or DK, while at the same time doesn't care about game content or that a third party game has been gimped, that stereotype needs to change anyway.

They won't know we care unless we complain.

If no one ever complained about stuff, we'd still be watching George Clooney as Batman, paying taxes to GB (no offense Andy), and drinking "New" Coke.
---
#7kastasticPosted 3/20/2014 2:31:37 PM
_Signal posted...
If no one ever complained about stuff, we'd still be drinking "New" Coke.

ikr...
---
*The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#8MindesynPosted 3/20/2014 2:59:00 PM
B05S_P4G posted...
With that being said, we feel that now is the right time to terminate these services in order to focus on the development of an even higher level of service for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. This will enable us to ready our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS matchmaking services for upcoming games such as Mario Kart 8 and the next Super Smash Bros. games..

Wow exactly what I said earlier in another thread. Who would've thought?
---
You dont wanna mess with me boy, catalogue of carnage I am armed to destroy
#9MindesynPosted 3/20/2014 3:00:39 PM
_Signal posted...
If no one ever complained about stuff, we'd still be drinking "New" Coke.

Except Coke lost income from that mistake. Since you technically dont pay Nintendo to use that service your complaints fall on deaf ears. Ears that are attached to Nintendo's bank account.
---
You dont wanna mess with me boy, catalogue of carnage I am armed to destroy
#10_SignalPosted 3/20/2014 8:01:41 PM
Coke didn't lose any money on that. They actually made millions in fact, because It was the most brilliant marketing ploy of the era.

They say "New Coke tastes more like Pepsi" and then everyone who tried it universally hated it. It was a blow to Pepsi and one of the reasons that you hear "Is Pepsi Ok?" when you order a Coke in a restaurant owned by Pepsico, like Taco Bell and O'Charlie's. Which, by the way, are practically the only establishments that you can even get Pepsi products.

I also don't think that anyone has deaf ears at Nintendo in these days of the faltering WiiU. Their ears are planted firmly to the ground in the hopes of hearing anything positive.

There is obviously nothing Nintendo can do about the shutdown or I think they would have. They have to realize how delicate their position in the console market is right now, and them not having control over their own network was a PR blunder of the largest magnitude. They should have just said that in the beginning instead of the mumbo jumbo about focusing on services for the WiiU.
---