Day 62 Conduit 2 Map Detail Analysis: The Bushes in Serenity

#1_SignalPosted 3/27/2014 6:29:56 AM
Yes, itís another day of Serenity. It really is one of Conduit 2ís most interesting maps. Iím gaining a whole new appreciation for the map designs after searching for details to talk about for these threads.

One of the things Iíve found with Serenity overall is somewhat of a similarity to Chinaís ďForbidden CityĒ in Beijing. The Forbidden City was the Chinese imperal palace from the Ming Dyansty to the Qing Dynasty. I wanted to call the structures in Serenity pagodaís, but after doing a little research, most pagodas have many stories with identical roof structures, and thatís not really the case in Serenity.

This led me to looking at lower structures and then to the Forbidden City. Have a quick look at this image:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Verbotene-Stadt1500.jpg

Itís a scroll depicting the Forbidden City.

Obviously many Chinese buildings of the era share similar design elements, but I canít help thinking that this could have served as a model for Serenity. The Forbidden City actually has over 900 buildings, so thereís no way that they could reproduce that map for the online game, and even if they could, itís possible that the developers could be criticized for doing so.

Letís face it, Serenity probably looks as much like a section of the Forbidden City as Pentagon Prime looks like part of the Pentagon, LOL.

Anyway, I digress. I wanted to talk about The Bushes between the buildings in Serenity today. There are bushes between both bases and the central building in what Iíll refer to as ďthe backĒ of the map.

The Bushes are an interesting feature. I always think I can hide in there, especially in Hardcore matches, but usually those attempts fail. Maybe this is because of the overlooking balconies and how heavily they are travelled.

Frequently when Iím in the bushes it becomes a blind-melee-slap fight, LOL.

Once I was trying to hide in The Bushes and Cmo picked me off from the top of the ladder that leads to the pavilion and fountain.

Itís noteworthy that Serenity isnít the only map with foliage, but it may be the only map with foliage that you can shoot through. Iíve definitely been gunned down and blown up while hiding in the bushes.

What do you think of The Bushes in Serenity? Do you try to hide there? Do you think they make that map more fun to play on? Would you have liked seeing more elements like them in other maps?

Please contribute and thanks.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2Unlucky_7Posted 3/27/2014 6:43:11 AM
i hide my booze there. dont touch it
#3B05S_P4GPosted 3/27/2014 7:27:30 AM
I was playing invasion with a friend on Serenity, and all she did was hide in the bushes. It didn't even fool C2's AI for very long.

However, I do like it when noobs think they can conceal themselves entirely in there.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | EMERGENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH2kIFwdjI
#4Unlucky_7Posted 3/27/2014 8:39:39 AM
B05S_P4G posted...
I was playing invasion with a friend on Serenity, and all she did was hide in the bushes. It didn't even fool C2's AI for very long.

However, I do like it when noobs think they can conceal themselves entirely in there.

does this friends name happen to be "mom"?

i cant see any unrelated female ever going near u bro
#5B05S_P4GPosted 3/27/2014 8:47:07 AM
Unlucky_7 posted...
B05S_P4G posted...

My mother has never touched a video game (and my sister despises them), so no.

I don't see why you think it's so improbable that females can be friendly beings. Probably because none of them have ever been that way to you.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | EMERGENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH2kIFwdjI
#6Unlucky_7Posted 3/27/2014 10:26:38 AM
i believe i said near u.

and blow-up dolls dont count btw
#7CmoIsDaNam3Posted 3/27/2014 12:19:22 PM
B05S_P4G posted...
Unlucky_7 posted...
B05S_P4G posted...

My mother has never touched a video game (and my sister despises them), so no.

I don't see why you think it's so improbable that females can be friendly beings. Probably because none of them have ever been that way to you.

And for good reason to.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#8Unlucky_7Posted 3/27/2014 12:26:20 PM
The irony is burning my eyes.
#9Shooter613Posted 3/27/2014 12:28:34 PM
This is getting sad.
---
Conduit 2: Shooter613/FC : 1249-4624-0371
#10_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 12:37:43 PM
Shooter613 posted...
This is getting sad.

I suppose it could be worse.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!