So After Ragnarok of Conduit 2, what then?

#11like2napPosted 4/7/2014 2:23:58 AM
LigersRule posted...
like2nap posted...
Everyone should invade Call of Duty Ghosts. Support third party Devs/Publishers on Wii U, and FPS motion controls at the same time. At least they should if they want to continue to see support of said motion controls.

Call of Duty has been going downhill ever since Infinity Ward mass quit to form Respawn. Even then, CoD will still sell enough on Wii U for them to continue making it. If you really wanted to support 3rd party devs and publishers, play Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Phantoms when it comes out, possibly F2P.

The downhill part is an opinion. One I disagree with. That's not what this is about though. Activision is one of VERY few publishers left and they aren't going to keep making games for Wii U either if sales don't pick up. If COD dies on Wii U the FPS motion controls will die with it. Besides. What other online FPS games will y'all play with the wii remote after May 20th? Your choices are COD and COD. Ghosts is the better of the two by far. I highly recommend it. Not only for your online FPS fix, but just to support the game, the controller, and add to the userbase. More players = more fun and a better chance at us getting future titles.
#12CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/7/2014 5:38:37 AM
^

This all day, once I get my Wii U and stuff for the next CoD game, I'll be set for supporting it.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#13B05S_BrennanPosted 4/7/2014 9:41:22 PM
@like2nap: Does Ghosts have steadier cursor this time, and does it allow for faster turning than in BO2? Those were the things that really made me dislike BO2's controls.

In response to the topic, I might try to get into Halo and/or the new Super Smash Bros. more competitively
---
||C2 FC: 0691-9553-5915||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#14LigersRulePosted 4/7/2014 10:11:01 PM
like2nap posted...
The downhill part is an opinion. One I disagree with. That's not what this is about though. Activision is one of VERY few publishers left and they aren't going to keep making games for Wii U either if sales don't pick up. If COD dies on Wii U the FPS motion controls will die with it. Besides. What other online FPS games will y'all play with the wii remote after May 20th? Your choices are COD and COD. Ghosts is the better of the two by far. I highly recommend it. Not only for your online FPS fix, but just to support the game, the controller, and add to the userbase. More players = more fun and a better chance at us getting future titles.

I understand what you're saying, but imagine this with Ghost Recon. Ubisoft is going WELL out of their way to give us a console exclusive game, and even more so are probably going to be doing it FREE OF CHARGE. Once Ghost Recon: Phantoms comes out for PC (which is on Thursday, mind you), their team is going to be focusing exclusively on the Wii U version and nothing else.

Activision gives Nintendo consoles yearly ports of their big blockbuster. Ubisoft is giving us killer exclusive games, like ZombiU and Ghost Recon: Phantoms, as well as still bringing us their blockbusters (Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Rayman Legends).

Don't even pretend like Activision's half-assed ports come close to the level of quality Ubi is bringing us.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#15like2napPosted 4/8/2014 12:03:27 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
@like2nap: Does Ghosts have steadier cursor this time, and does it allow for faster turning than in BO2? Those were the things that really made me dislike BO2's controls.

In response to the topic, I might try to get into Halo and/or the new Super Smash Bros. more competitively

Ghosts has the best controls in the series. They have DOUBLED the turn speed. Something I have been longing for since the Wii days. They also added a new setting. ADS camera sensitivity. If you want to know exactly how that works, search the official BLOPS 2 forum on it. The post was made by Pwnsweet. In a nutshell though it makes things more precise by allowing you to match the ADS sensitivity with your ADS controls (which are different than hipfire controls). They also fixed the issue where if you are turning, and you ADS, the camera stops moving (this was in every past Wii mote controlled COD). Now it is a silky smooth transition. Once you've played with that, you wonder how you managed with what they had before. Make Black Ops 2's controls feel ancient, and they are better than MW3.

Of course it takes time to tweak and adjust to these new settings. I spend about 3 hours tweaking my controls with each release just aiming at walls in private matches. Then another few hours against bots to perfect it. THEN I jump online and tweak more if needed. If Black Ops 2's controls were a step back (and they were) then Ghost's controls are definitely 2 or 3 steps forward.
#16like2napPosted 4/8/2014 12:10:03 AM
LigersRule posted...
like2nap posted...

I understand what you're saying, but imagine this with Ghost Recon. Ubisoft is going WELL out of their way to give us a console exclusive game, and even more so are probably going to be doing it FREE OF CHARGE. Once Ghost Recon: Phantoms comes out for PC (which is on Thursday, mind you), their team is going to be focusing exclusively on the Wii U version and nothing else.

Activision gives Nintendo consoles yearly ports of their big blockbuster. Ubisoft is giving us killer exclusive games, like ZombiU and Ghost Recon: Phantoms, as well as still bringing us their blockbusters (Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Rayman Legends).

Don't even pretend like Activision's half-assed ports come close to the level of quality Ubi is bringing us.

I wouldn't call Ghosts a half assed port, but I get what you're saying. It definitely could be a better port. My thinking is that we, fans of FPS motion controlled gaming, should support ALL titles that use the control scheme. If Recon has that, and it isn't crap, then I will buy it just for that reason. We don't want to have to sit here and HOPE that devs release games with these controls. We want them to see that their is an audience for it. COD for example would get a full dev cycle if it sold better. Which would result in fewer bugs (maybe lol). Besides. Ghosts is actually really good and fun to play. I think anyone who likes good wii remote controls would love that game.

Oh Zombi U. Just seeing someone mention it makes me want to go back and play it again. Loved that game. I'll have to do another play through sometime this year. (off topic, but I loved that game)
#17like2napPosted 4/8/2014 12:12:00 AM
@Boss

I so wish they would do a hotfix on BLOPS 2 to add these new control fixes. They already have the code. Just have to add it, test it, and send it for approval. I doubt that will happen,..but man it would be so awesome.
#18like2napPosted 4/8/2014 2:05:15 AM
Oh and in case I wasn't clear (cause I don't think I was) they did fix the twitchy cursor. That was fixed for BLOPS 2 in March of 2012 (I think) and it's even better now. I can't stress enough how great the controls are.
#19LeThA169Posted 4/8/2014 7:06:47 AM
Updates foe ghosts on wiiu stopped coming around thanks-giving last year.
---
Even the best die.
#20LigersRulePosted 4/8/2014 8:07:19 AM
like2nap posted...
If Recon has that, and it isn't crap, then I will buy it just for that reason.

Probably won't have to, man. F2p.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*