Day 54 Conduit 2 Map Detail Analysis: The High Ceilings in Streets Prime

#1_SignalPosted 4/8/2014 6:34:34 PM
I think Iíve commented on the high ceilings in the bases in Streets Prime before, but now this will make it official. Assuming that the doors are about 7 feet high and that the Trust Soldier is about 6 feet tall, I estimate the ceilings in the bases to be at least

13 feet. This is a pretty high ceiling.

My first thought is why. Why would you make the ceilings so high?

Then it occurred to me when I was playing Drizzt and saw him jump off the counter in the base. He looked so tiny compared to the height of the room.

I think the answer is related to our ability to jump unimpeded. Not only is it possible to stand in the window of the base and jump inside, but you can also jump off the counter without hitting your head in the ceiling.

Are there any maps that have structures which interfere with jumping? Offhand I canít think of any.

As a side note, when I was playing the single player game, I really felt like I was super short, and close to the ground. Did anyone else have that sensation?

Do you think the high ceilings add to this map? Is it good that jumping is unimpeded or should some structures limit our ability to jump?

Please contribute. Thanks.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261