How I Quickscope with the Phase Rifle

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/11/2014 7:50:12 PM
This thread is basically going to tell you how I quickscope with the Phase Rifle and how to do it on C2.

First, my style of sniping is very different from other people in terms of how I get the kill, or at least as is how I'm told by other people like Signal and such.

Pretty much, i use lock-on to qucikscope, and its all about timing, here are the steps to how I do it.

1.) Identify the target

You first need to ID the person you are going to snipe, I try to ID the person that is likely to kill me first so I don't die at the wrong times pretty much, very important for me since I do montages and go for quick fast-paced kills.

2.) Start the lock-on process, and zoom in

Now that you have the target you want to kill, lock-on and just zoom in with the Phase Rifle.

3.) Timing is everything

Now that you have the last two steps, just now let go of the lock-on button, and the moment your scope is fully in, fire.

You might have to practice a lot to get the timing down, the time where you let go of the lock-on button is about mid way of scoping in, but don't quote me on that because I'm pulling this from memory and don't really have a truly good way to test the right now, but you have to practice to get it down right, just see what works for you.

Other things to help you

First, if you are facing a bunny hopper, let them come into your crosshairs, don't try to track your on aim on them by using your crosshairs, just let them flow into yours and then when you see their name tag pop up above their heads, THEN you fire, if you get the timing down, you should of killed them.

Lock-on is works at 29.9 meters or less, once you hit 30 meters you can no longer lock-on to people, but you can stay locked on to people after 30 meters, but if you let go you can't lock back on until you reach 29.9 meters or less. if you don't know how long that is, go into a private match with someone and set it to Streets in FFA and a ASE game mode, tell your friend to grab the ASE and have him/her go and stand in the back alleyways between the two houses all the way in the back, then you stand directly in the middle and you should be able to see the how far away you are from the person because of the ASE, which should tell you the range of the lock-on effect.

You still have to AIM, even though this will let you hit more targets more, if won't always guide your shot directly too them, you still need to aim to hit them, and even more so for targets that are moving a lot, and also, depending on your timing, your shot can be WAY off, or just a little off, but it still makes the difference though, so aim well!

How to Practice

If you want to practice this, its best you do two things, first, go into a Invasion mode, and set it to easy, once you do this, just simply practice the steps on the trust soldiers, other enemies and such, once you feel you have the timing down a bit better, all that's left is to simply just practice in real games, its really the best way to get it down pat.

Also, if you find yourself already doing fine with sniping and quickscoping with the PR, you don't really need to do this, but if your struggling with it, and your not doing well or as well as you would want, or just looking for something different, just follow these steps you you will do better after some amount of time, its not an easy process, and some days you might not be able to hit anything at all, but just keep trying and you'll get better.

Thanks for reading

~Cmo
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#2xXAISPXxPosted 4/12/2014 6:12:56 AM
1) Scope
2) Shoot
---
SOTD: "There is no meat that Keet can't beat." -Mike
#3CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 6:57:04 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
1) Scope
2) Shoot

Haha, yeah, thats how you do it since your a pro man. :)
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#4FALC0NiZGOATPosted 4/12/2014 2:54:14 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
1) Scope
2) Shoot

This is how everyone did it before Cmo and the Funky Bunch showed up. I guess it makes sense that scrubs are so afraid of Hardcore these days.
#5Shooter613Posted 4/12/2014 3:09:41 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

You cannot be serious.
---
Conduit 2: Shooter613/FC : 1249-4624-0371
#6CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 4:05:11 PM
Shooter613 posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

You cannot be serious.

Why are YOU serious? If you wanna quickscope like I do, do it and stop whining about the simple things.

Its just the steps to quickscoping as how I do it.
---
Cmo More Often.
#7DerppopotamusPosted 4/13/2014 11:57:27 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Shooter613 posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

You cannot be serious.

Why are YOU serious? If you wanna quickscope like I do, do it and stop whining about the simple things.

Welp, he is kinda really good at it. I'd take whatever advice he has over yours.

No offense. Here is a picture of your grandparents couch. http://imagesus.vrbo.com/mda01/6ee4345a-be4e-4ede-b47a-c10aa4892d27.1.6
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#8CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 12:04:30 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Shooter613 posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

You cannot be serious.

Welp, he is kinda really good at it. I'd take whatever advice he has over yours.

No offense. Here is a picture of your grandparents couch. http://imagesus.vrbo.com/mda01/6ee4345a-be4e-4ede-b47a-c10aa4892d27.1.6

Well that's fine, because according this...

Also, if you find yourself already doing fine with sniping and quickscoping with the PR, you don't really need to do this, but if your struggling with it, and your not doing well or as well as you would want, or just looking for something different, just follow these steps you you will do better after some amount of time...

I didn't really want to help the people who are better than me, like AISP, he doesn't need this, but also if AISP was to be rude about it (Which he wasn't) then i would also reply back saying I wasn't asking him to try it out if he didn't need it, same apply's to Samu5, just move on to another thread if this doesn't apply to you, that is all.

So now I ask, was that statement even needed?
---
Cmo More Often.