So are you guys playing this non stop til May?

#31CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/16/2014 8:05:44 PM
like2nap posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
This game has been hard to get back into for me. I want to play it with my friends...but it locks up even in single player and I don't want to hurt my U. I'll play it but to be honest doing so is to spend time with friends...not the game itself.

It's also not very balanced. Anyone who complains about kill streaks in CoD should take a hard look at stealth and supercharger , or any of the other locked perks. Having started this game over MULTIPLE times I can state it's no saint and as far as balance goes TCON is much better.

It's coding is a train wreck....despite it being patchable there are plenty of glitches that persist, despite our open dialog with the dev team and our listing for them of what glitches were present...even outside of multiplayer. It's sad that even without an intelligent opponent trying to exploit the system there are still bugs. Here skimmers must skim the ground or invasion will lock up on single player. That fix was a disappointment...having played invasion multiple times recently to earn credits and unlock stuff I can say it still is.

Despite it's flaws, I like this game more than TCON ; It caters to creativity and sorta a rock, paper, scissors...even if it can't balance the approach in a completely satisfying way for me. I'm sure doing so isn't easy (I wonder how my Wife does it, lol )

So will I be playing it up till the servers go down? No way . I have a clan war to do and hopefully some private lobbies to play....but this game lost it's alure a long while ago.

The community that likes a theme I share an interest in (boarder line sci fi meets cyber punk conspiracy stuff) and who I've enjoyed the company of and became friends with is why I bought the game a third time. The game is unique on the wii as a shooter...which earned it cult following (which I am a card carrying member) but I wonder if it really boils down to not having an alternative.

Tbh beyond my first purchase, what made me buy multiple copies is the people I play with ... Once for my son so he could play with me and again to play one last hurrah with you guys.

I realized all this a very long time ago. I sold the game to go toward the Wii U fund. Never had the urge to play it again.

That's fine, but honestly, I think the reason why that is because you didn't have any goals you wanted to get done in the game, like for me, doing montages and getting clips is something for me to always go for, because its fun.

However, if that became boring to me, then definitely i would stop playing, but that is pretty much all i ever do now.

I think that's what happened to you man and Mossy, just get bored because of lack of interesting goals.

At least that's my theory...
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#32xXAISPXxPosted 4/17/2014 5:08:09 AM
Mossy, the ultimate forum poster. Someone needs to be an author...

I remember playing invasion, in Serenity, and then I found functioning skimmers. That's one of the reasons why it is unknown when I started playing Conduit 2.
---
SOTD: I am scraping at the bottom of the barrel for these...
#33old_man_mossyPosted 4/17/2014 5:58:38 AM
Cmo...I think you hit the nail on the head. Everything that can be done on this game by me, has been done.

Don't take that the wrong way; I'm not saying I'm a super pro that's been there and done that; there are some accomplishments that are beyond me and I'm not going to boost for them.

I'm just saying I realize my limits, and that between my sons console and the old one we sold, and now the U, I likely have close to 300/400 hours on it. If I couldn't get it done back when I was playing constantly...well, you savy.

Then there is the eroding of skill and my distaste for competitive FPS's. Combine that with an artificial deadline and I find myself playing a game I'm no longer good at, no longer care that much for (the game...not you guys) and that no longer gets patched and won't be active long enough for me to "get good" again.

That still won't stop me from playing; I plan to Saturday morning for the anniversary (?) I've listed my reasons why though, and it's not the game.

That was a very nice catch though CMo. I hadn't thought of that myself; good catch.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#34old_man_mossyPosted 4/17/2014 6:30:10 AM
Oh....and about my worries that the buzzing lockups could hurt my U....

What I'm more worried about is the disc reader. Back when we were a one wii household I was playing the first Black Ops and the wii buzz locked, burnt out/ broke the drive/disc reader and we bought a new one. To Nintendos credit though they fixed the machine for free, which suprises me...as it was a launch wii and a few years old! It was nice having another system my son could have.

Needless to say though, buzzing lockups induce paranoia to this day, lol. In fact looking back it's part of the reason I laid off C2 those years ago. I remember many people here were complaining about lock ups that summer (plus it was summer and I had other things to do and responsibilities to attend to)

So naturally when my wii u locks up (and this being my second U as the first bricked during an update/powerloss) I freak out a little. Part of the reason I'm not playing invasion to earn credits to rebuild my profile is that it locks up so often on me! I'm thinking there might be a flaw on the disc or something...I'm not sure
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#35B05S_BrennanPosted 4/17/2014 7:20:16 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
I was playing the first Black Ops and the wii buzz locked, burnt out/ broke the drive/disc reader

I don't know for sure, but I think I read that BO disks are coated is some sort of gel that does that to older version of the Wii.
---
||C2 FC: 0691-9553-5915||
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan
#36CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/17/2014 7:51:28 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
I was playing the first Black Ops and the wii buzz locked, burnt out/ broke the drive/disc reader

I don't know for sure, but I think I read that BO disks are coated is some sort of gel that does that to older version of the Wii.

Yeah, IDK its weird. But BO has a huge reputation for killing disk drives from launch era wiis.

Like, worse than brawls reputation.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#37CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/17/2014 7:57:29 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Yeah, IDK its weird. But BO has a huge reputation for killing disk drives from launch era wiis.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken that's why BO1 for Wii didn't get any map packs at all. :/

@Mossy I thought so, I guess to pump you up for the series again there would have to be C3.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#38like2napPosted 4/17/2014 11:34:22 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

That's fine, but honestly, I think the reason why that is because you didn't have any goals you wanted to get done in the game, like for me, doing montages and getting clips is something for me to always go for, because its fun.

However, if that became boring to me, then definitely i would stop playing, but that is pretty much all i ever do now.

I think that's what happened to you man and Mossy, just get bored because of lack of interesting goals.

More like I knew it wasn't balanced, I ran into every glitch or bug like everytime I played (at least it felt that way), there were a lot of laggy matches (that may have partially been a result of my internet connection at the time), and I didn't like the controls. None of those were all that bad on their own, but they are all FPS pet peeves of mine. Put them all together every time I play and, well, it made me hate the game. I played the heck out of it for a long time, but I hardly ever had fun. It was rare that everything ran as it should for me. If I stood by one more control point that didn't acknowledge that I was there I would have lost my mind.
#39like2napPosted 4/17/2014 11:38:59 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

I don't think it was the game so much as it was kids playing their Wii non stop. My Wii disc drive failed over a year after BO1 came out. I played a lot, but a lot of people have way more spare time on their hands than I do. I really think the disc drives themselves just couldn't handle as much playing time as people were putting them through. The ones they replaced them with if you sent it in for repair were supposed to be "upgrades" from what I've heard.
#40CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/17/2014 11:45:23 AM
like2nap posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

More like I knew it wasn't balanced, I ran into every glitch or bug like everytime I played (at least it felt that way), there were a lot of laggy matches (that may have partially been a result of my internet connection at the time), and I didn't like the controls. None of those were all that bad on their own, but they are all FPS pet peeves of mine. Put them all together every time I play and, well, it made me hate the game. I played the heck out of it for a long time, but I hardly ever had fun. It was rare that everything ran as it should for me. If I stood by one more control point that didn't acknowledge that I was there I would have lost my mind.

Thats kinda how Tcon was for me. Except I really enjoyed the moments it worked well, and wanted to play it more than I was able to.

I used to get the spawn glitch literally every time I would join.
And I'd have to wait out an entire match in "spawn glitch mode" ( usually a marathon match ) before I was able to play.

It was really a hassle, and people didn't give me much sympathy when I complained about it, because they didn't have it as bad as I did.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656