The Structure of the FFA Tournament

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/17/2014 8:36:51 AM
So to prevent any mix ups about the structure, I'm going to go ahead and put it out here, now, this can change slightly, but by and large this is how it will be.

Assuming 8 total players for this, this is how it will go down.

First, there will be 2 sets of 4 man FFA's, which will be single elimination until there is only two people left, this goes for both sets.

The the two people from both sets will go into another 4 man FFA, which will go down until there only one person left, which of course will be the winner.

This is how it will do down for everything, so please make sure you know this.

Also, one of the four sets can be changed or if we get an odd amount of people in a game, (Ex: Set one is a 4 man FFA match and set two is a 5 man FFA match, for a total of nine people) or or if an even number gets in, both sets will have 5 or 6 people in that match and such.

This is how it will go down for the tournament, make sure you know this.;

And if you still want to join, joining will be available until April 17th 8:00 PM EST, which is today, so go ahead and let me know please via PM or comments in these threads about the tournament.

Thanks for reading.

~Cmo
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#2rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 4/17/2014 3:11:49 PM
gotcha
---
XBL: ajwmawesome Playing Battlefield 4, Skyrim
PSN: BlueStar7152 Playing Uncharted Series
#3CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 3:37:39 PM
rawrLIKEaB05S__ posted...
gotcha

Cool, glad you understand man. :)
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#4_SignalPosted 4/18/2014 7:05:54 PM
By the way, I don't really have a clue what "single elimination" actually means.

Set 2 has the first match on the Crash Site map. Does single elimination mean that if I'm at the bottom on that match that I'm out of the next match?

If this is how it works, with someone being eliminated after each match, shouldn't we plan on some other hosts?

I mean, I know I'm great and all, but we'd better plan for some host contingencies or those 4 matches could take a long time, especially if we have to communicate through gamefaqs between every match.

Perhaps we should say that if the host is eliminated, the winner of that round hosts the next.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#5CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 7:53:59 PM
_Signal posted...
By the way, I don't really have a clue what "single elimination" actually means.

Set 2 has the first match on the Crash Site map. Does single elimination mean that if I'm at the bottom on that match that I'm out of the next match?

If this is how it works, with someone being eliminated after each match, shouldn't we plan on some other hosts?

I mean, I know I'm great and all, but we'd better plan for some host contingencies or those 4 matches could take a long time, especially if we have to communicate through gamefaqs between every match.

Perhaps we should say that if the host is eliminated, the winner of that round hosts the next.

Yes, it does.

I'd recommend for you guys to sort that out, you have till next probably, so go for.

Also for people in Set 1, I'll figure it out, something telks me that I won't have to worry about the first few rounds..
---
Cmo More Often.
#6JVC-spacePosted 4/19/2014 7:38:50 AM
It will be a real massacre, not any more.
I played TDM where my opponent were only phasers. The sniper who get the best score was only quickscoping (it was me). Only a few guy there (I mean in this tournament) are good with quiscopes. Of course when I say Quickscopes, I mean long range QS, not just using lock on and/or placing your cursor in the center of your screen.
Quickscoping is not sniping. In definition a seen sniper is a dead sniper.

It will be more a quickscoping tournament than a sniping tournament, if nobody use the SR ans the HVS45.