Guys, there is a way to save our online history.

#21xXAISPXxPosted 4/19/2014 1:25:25 PM
Cmo, those 2 cents might go up to 500 bucks if this keeps going, haha.
---
SOTD: I am scraping at the bottom of the barrel for these...
#22xXAISPXxPosted 4/19/2014 1:29:49 PM
Not on my iPad.
---
SOTD: I am scraping at the bottom of the barrel for these...
#23gamedude37(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 6:23:45 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqV_5ZGwCjg
Here's the video, guys.
---
Conduit 2 FC (jonny): 3568-1891-0912 II GoldenEye FC (IsellproPAIN): 0845-4551-3309
I'll try to be on as often as I can.
#24DocDragonPosted 4/20/2014 9:18:53 PM
Video viewed, alterations made, data being sent, game slightly more saved.
---
I am excellent player! Present me with points! A winner is me! And other badly-translated japanese!
#25hc-valkiriaPosted 4/22/2014 8:30:38 PM
So I have my dns. How do I send it to the guy for analysis?
#26CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/22/2014 8:47:53 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
So I have my dns. How do I send it to the guy for analysis?

you don't have to do anything.

The DNS address you add is the private IP address of the guy doing the logging, where he has a DNS server set up to listen in on whats happening when you connect.

All you need to do to send data, is play.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#27DocDragonPosted 4/25/2014 6:10:52 PM
uh, guys? Bit of bad news here. Apparently that DNS server only tracks stuff for official Nintendo Servers... So we might not be getting the info saved properly.
---
I am excellent player! Present me with points! A winner is me! And other badly-translated japanese!
#28B05S_BrennanPosted 4/25/2014 9:02:51 PM
DocDragon posted...
uh, guys? Bit of bad news here. Apparently that DNS server only tracks stuff for official Nintendo Servers... So we might not be getting the info saved properly.

I'm pretty sure C2 uses Nintendo's servers. I can't imagine SEGA would still be spending money on the server of a low playerbase Wii game that they were too cheap and lazy to even advertise.

While we're on the subject of SEGA's laziness, I recently got the Nvidia Shield. Sonic 4 Ep. II was pre-installed, but I needed to update the game in order to use the d-pad instead of the joystick. Is it really so hard to have d-pad support that they needed to add it in an update?
---
||C2 FC: 0691-9553-5915||
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan
#29CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/26/2014 10:53:59 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
DocDragon posted...

I'm pretty sure C2 uses Nintendo's servers. I can't imagine SEGA would still be spending money on the server of a low playerbase Wii game that they were too cheap and lazy to even advertise.

While we're on the subject of SEGA's laziness, I recently got the Nvidia Shield. Sonic 4 Ep. II was pre-installed, but I needed to update the game in order to use the d-pad instead of the joystick. Is it really so hard to have d-pad support that they needed to add it in an update?

Sega barely has any A team Devs. Development of their games probably uses up all of their A and B talent, and probably even most of their C.

So ports would probably be handled by the D, E, F, and G talent.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#30gamedude37(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 3:48:25 PM
DocDragon posted...

I touched that subject on the video. Yes, I don't believe Conduit 2 is using Nintendo's official servers. However, some games use Nintendo as a verification center to connect you and allow you to use the now defunct WiiConnect24. Meanwhile, those said games use 3rd party server hosts for matchmaking. Even if Conduit 2 doesn't use any of these, something is bound to be recorded. If not, then Conduit 2 may be up after all when May 20th rolls around. Regardless, this video and thread touches on Nintendo WiFi as a whole, and it's definitely a step in the right direction. If you keep up with Wiimm's progress on the Wii Homebrew forums, he got a successful server running at his house! I think the Wii online, Conduit 2 included, is in good hands. It's better than doing nothing at all.
---
Conduit 2 FC (jonny): 3568-1891-0912 II GoldenEye FC (IsellproPAIN): 0845-4551-3309
I'll try to be on as often as I can.