Conduit 3: What do you want if it happens?

#21MindesynPosted 4/22/2014 6:03:17 PM
Id only want to see simple attachments for guns, Nothing over the top or over quantity. And to eliminate auto aim or any type of aim assist.

Killzone has no aim assist whatsoever and its been a blast.
---
You dont wanna mess with me boy, catalogue of carnage I am armed to destroy
#22CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/22/2014 6:25:22 PM
Mindesyn posted...
Id only want to see simple attachments for guns, Nothing over the top or over quantity. And to eliminate auto aim or any type of aim assist.

Thats intresting, but not really sure if that could work.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#23like2napPosted 4/22/2014 6:26:47 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
There has to be sprint though, hate not having sprint.

I would say to have three or four levels of movement speed in the game, and there isn't a drastic difference between them, like 100%, 95, 90, 85, and if you were to put SC back in, only increase it by 5%.

I'd like that a lot instead of different movement speeds for each gun and having a large contrast between weapons like USP 45 and PR.

Also not to be too crazy, but I also like with Heavy Armor you traded your movement speed for extra Health, things like this to me was awesome to me.

COD does something similar. More powerful weapons and armor slow you down. It's great idea and a nice balance. Though in the case of the most recent Juggernaut armor you are slowed down far too much making it not worth the effort (11 kills without dying) that it takes to earn.

Different speeds for weapons is great, but I don't want anything to make you go faster. Maybe 5% would be ok. I don't know how much faster the perk makes you in COD, but it's enough to cause problems as I mentioned previously.
#24like2napPosted 4/22/2014 6:31:19 PM
Mindesyn posted...

I would love it if every online FPS got rid of aim assist. I don't like it. I don't use it and feel that it takes any "skill" out of aiming. I would say the high health in Conduit 2 makes up for it, but not when you have all those explosive weapons. I saw so many gunfights that just ended up being to players locked on to each other, running around in circles, bunny hopping, while shooting explosives at each other's feet. Lame.

Black Ops 2. Dual analog aim assist would lock on to enemies through walls for floors. Very lame. Quicksoping was made possible because of aim assist. Also lame. Aim down sights and pull the trigger. No skill involved at all. Thankfully they nerfed sniping in Ghosts and quickscoping is seen about as often as unicorns.
#25CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/23/2014 4:07:39 AM
like2nap posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
There has to be sprint though, hate not having sprint.

I would say to have three or four levels of movement speed in the game, and there isn't a drastic difference between them, like 100%, 95, 90, 85, and if you were to put SC back in, only increase it by 5%.

I'd like that a lot instead of different movement speeds for each gun and having a large contrast between weapons like USP 45 and PR.

Also not to be too crazy, but I also like with Heavy Armor you traded your movement speed for extra Health, things like this to me was awesome to me.

COD does something similar. More powerful weapons and armor slow you down. It's great idea and a nice balance. Though in the case of the most recent Juggernaut armor you are slowed down far too much making it not worth the effort (11 kills without dying) that it takes to earn.

Different speeds for weapons is great, but I don't want anything to make you go faster. Maybe 5% would be ok. I don't know how much faster the perk makes you in COD, but it's enough to cause problems as I mentioned previously.

It goes like this in Black Ops 2

102% (Ballistic Knife)
100% (Shotguns, SMGs, pistols and other knifing weapons)
95% (ARs and Snipers)
90% (LMGs and Launchers)

and the Lightweight perk adds 7% to this.

Its basically the same thing, but i think you should these weapons be these speeds and such.

Secondaries = 100%
SCAR, SPAS 12, Strike Rifle, AEGIS Device, Shrieker = 95%
AR-C Eclipse, Phase Rifle, TPC Launcher = 90%
SMAW, Widow Maker Turret, and Carbonizer MK16 = 85%

Heavy Armor reduces by 5%, Supercharger adds 5%.

That's basically what I would want in movement speed.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#26CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/23/2014 4:17:40 AM
like2nap posted...
Mindesyn posted...

I would love it if every online FPS got rid of aim assist. I don't like it. I don't use it and feel that it takes any "skill" out of aiming. I would say the high health in Conduit 2 makes up for it, but not when you have all those explosive weapons. I saw so many gunfights that just ended up being to players locked on to each other, running around in circles, bunny hopping, while shooting explosives at each other's feet. Lame.

Black Ops 2. Dual analog aim assist would lock on to enemies through walls for floors. Very lame. Quicksoping was made possible because of aim assist. Also lame. Aim down sights and pull the trigger. No skill involved at all. Thankfully they nerfed sniping in Ghosts and quickscoping is seen about as often as unicorns.

Well, I don't think that is a good choice if you think about everyone, not a huge (In fact very small portion) would want this taken away.

Also, the reason why we have bunny hopping is because that the jumping in this game is not as restricted as it needs to be, after your second jump, half of your jump taken away, and continue to do so after a set amount of jumps. (Ex: 100%, 50%, 25%, then 12.5%)

Also, I do think that AA should be gone though walls though, very good tactic that is a bit, well, cheap honestly.

But quickscoping isn't because of the AA, that just makes it easier by a small portion.

Watch this part in this video, you'll think otherwise after this: http://youtu.be/MITnerY4sVc

Also, might want to watch it all, just for clarity sake.
---
Cmo More Often.
#27CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/23/2014 4:29:47 AM
Part starts at 7:30, and watch it till 12:34.
---
Cmo More Often.
#28CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/23/2014 4:50:17 PM
Mindesyn posted...

Lock on, I think is technically camera assist.

AND... Its a good idea with wiimote.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#29like2napPosted 4/23/2014 7:03:31 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

But quickscoping isn't because of the AA, that just makes it easier by a small portion.

Watch this part in this video, you'll think otherwise after this: http://youtu.be/MITnerY4sVc

The game's code, and the developers of the code themselves, disagree with you. That video is more of a justification for aim assist than a true tutorial. Now in MW3, the game he was playing, aim assist isn't as strong. IW is known for that. Treyarch makes it stronger for some reason. Anyway....

The part he failed to mention about the aim assist is that as you're scoping in, you will stay on target. The aim assist will not let go of the target no matter how fast they are moving. If you are on target, aim down sights, and pull the trigger before fully scoping in, you will hit the target no matter what. The slowing down of the cursor makes this easy. ADS when the cursor slows down and pull the trigger before fully scoped in. You will never miss. The effect is greater in Black Ops 2 (also known as Quickscopes 2). He also failed to mention that with any weapon, if you fire as you start to ADS, the lock on will not let go until you are fully scoped in AND the opponent runs out of the lock on range. So the whole time your avatar is in that ADS animation, he will be on target and can kill an opponent before the lock on breaks or even before recoil is a factor. In Black Ops 2 the effect would literally make you do a complete 180 as some one ran by you. All you had to do was hold the trigger and you would never miss. Someone without aim assist would have to manually keep their cursor on you the whole time whereas your cursor was locked on automatically. (this is only on dual analog controllers. Wii remote aim assist is different, but I won't get into that here)

Taking away aim assist on snipers has all but removed quickscoping from Ghosts because hardly anyone can do it. It's easy when people are stationary, or running right at you, but you now have to follow the target yourself if they are moving throughout the ADS animation which was not the case in previous games.

And again, aim assist was weaker in the game he was playing, but the quickscoping part of it where it stays locked on during the animation, was the same. It was just stronger in Black Ops 2.
#30CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/24/2014 8:25:40 AM
I would have to disagree, having both MW3 and BO2 on Xbox 360, I've had the same experiences in both, and both games are very hard to snipe on, even MW3.

Also, we should probably continue this in PMs, we got off-topic.

Back on the original discussion, would also like to see better options for cinematics, or maybe a theater mode like BO2.

Also, better third person animations, C2's aren't very good at all.
---
Cmo More Often.