Just thought of a new game mechanic!

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/25/2014 8:04:51 PM
As I was waking up from my pre-Con2 napping session( about two seconds ago ), BAM!
I had this idea!

Now, IDK if this is really GOOD or not, But I think it is pretty unique. Ok? Here we go.

OK, so, how about the ability... To leave your own POV, and kinda roam the map during gameplay?
I mean, like... When using the Turrety thingy, you go to another POV, and you're kinda just vulnerable while you do that. So what if you kinda did the same thing, but also being able to move around... Minus the ability to shoot stuff.

Or, maybe you have the ability to access cameras located about the stage, or the ability to place cameras.

But I think I most like the idea to like, actually be able to move and look around. More or less like a Camera mode, or spectator mode.
So as far as gameplay goes, if somebody was like going all crazy with the mines, maybe you could like, change over to this view, and... Survey. Or you kept getting sniped and you couldn't figure out where they were shooting from w/o having to look. Or... You know, any number of things.

So every time you enter this mode, you'd start exactly in place of where you be, and when you exit, you just go straight back to first person mode again, probably with some cool down.

Because you're completely vulnerable while you do this, and because others can just go and do exactly the same thing, I think the opportunities for abuse are really not huge.

And then as far as fitting in with the game, and making sense as a mechanic. Well... Its a sci-fi, so Im sure just about any explanation could be given. however, I think it makes the most sense for say... A game like Geist.

Anyway, there it is.
I just had to write it down before I forgot. And why not here?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#2_SignalPosted 4/25/2014 8:17:02 PM
I think something like a roaming spectator mode would be great. Or even a possession mode where you could sort of jump into another players POV.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#3CmoIsDaNam3Posted 4/25/2014 10:09:29 PM
This could be its own game mode, but, I rather this be a feature for video production than for gameplay tbh.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 10:40:28 PM(edited)
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
This could be its own game mode, but, I rather this be a feature for video production than for gameplay tbh.

Well, yeah. It should be standalone for recording as well. But with more freedom.

You should literally be able to pause the game, and select "spectate". "are you sure? Y/N" etc.
And then you should be able to fly, and have zoom, and stuff.

But yeah, If you've played Geist, then I think you'll have a few ideas of how "roaming mode" could contribute to gameplay.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 4/26/2014 3:52:50 AM
Maybe an ASE could be the Camera and it could be shot down.
---
XBL: ajwmawesome Playing Battlefield 4, Skyrim
PSN: BlueStar7152 Playing Uncharted Series
#6xXAISPXxPosted 4/26/2014 4:03:44 AM
Do you always sleep about Conduit 2? Haha. I avoid it because it keeps me awake.
---
SOTD: I am scraping at the bottom of the barrel for these...
#71PefrogPosted 4/26/2014 6:57:22 AM
Maybe a radar less mini you (like the balloon battle) that you can send to scout?
---
More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
#8B05S_BrennanPosted 4/26/2014 7:04:14 AM
I think a camera grenade that sticks to walls could be cool. It would have to be plain black though, so that players wouldn't notice it and shoot it down.
---
||C2 FC: 0691-9553-5915||
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan
#9B05S_P4GPosted 4/26/2014 9:19:01 AM
Just a spectator mode period should be standard in FPS games in my opinion.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | EMERGENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH2kIFwdjI
#10CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 9:51:52 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
I think a camera grenade that sticks to walls could be cool. It would have to be plain black though, so that players wouldn't notice it and shoot it down.

Actually....

What if you could place a camera, that would record the gamplay to file.
that way, when people wanted to film and record, they could be in the video as well :o

But, it would have to be a recording of gamplay data, not video, like how brawl does it. It would have to be re-rendered again later. And IDK how possible that is with a FPS.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656