So, it's half past 11 EST.

#1F4LCONSW4GPosted 5/20/2014 7:36:35 PM
I figure that there is no one more fitting than me to give this game a final eulogy, so appreciate the opportunity to hear the magnitude and eloquence of the Deity himself.

Conduit 2, in every way, is a unique game. I believe that nothing else could have allowed it to survive this long without perishing like other third-party turds. The most notable aspect of this is the game itself. Weapons, story, MP - it's all very different yet similar to other games. It combines aspects of arena and modern shooters in strange ways, making it not only an exception in genre but a very different title within the narrow Nintendo spectrum. There are few other games with scoped x-ray railguns or alien sperm shooters, but in a broader sense Con2's gameplay overall was something all its own.

Another major factor is the forum by which we communicate. Nintendo communities in general are touchy, feely, and rife with bad jokes and ignorance. This one doesn't go beyond that stereotype but does have some abstruse characteristics for that category. Even in most Nintendo cults, UAUs are weeded out and sent packing quickly enough. But here, everyone was more or less tolerated no matter how much of a dumbs*** they were, if not fitting in perfectly. The demographic for this kind of game is small, and it fostered some kind of bizarre sense of fraternity you wouldn't see in other games. Though it came in an esoteric light, the C2 community had a unique situation to grow and somehow survive.

Lastly, the people here themselves make this community what it is. For better or for worse (the latter is pretty compelling), this community had done what few others could do in its situation. It survived with a pathetically small population, broken-ass, unbalanced game, and an often divided fanbase thanks to the UAU and dumbs*** category listed in my last paragraph. Only bonds forged a lot more strongly than your average message board relationships could have allowed this. Though I think of you all poorly, I give you props on being able to survive bigger titles, new generations, losses of important players, and other similar trials that murdered many other games at this level.

Conduit, for me, held some damn good memories. From trolling and burning threads to ashes to in-game moments, I'll admit that this terrible game could be fun. But now, as we close toward the end, we can only look beyond. Though the Conduit 2 community will perish and fade into the depths of the internet "Sea of garbage", to quote the Colonel in MGS2, memories good and bad will remain for those who witnessed the Conduit universe in its rise, glory, and fall.

I may hate you all at a superficial level, but whether or not I enjoyed your company, everyone here from Mackaroons the random to gods like Noble has helped to make this community what it is. So give yourself an undeserved pat on the back, light that blunt, and never forget the battles, laughs, and butthurt shared on this board.

As Larknok would say: "PEACE!"
#2SilentXwingPosted 5/20/2014 7:41:17 PM
Amen Brother!

I remember you as well in the past.
---
PSN: Dark_Striker1229
Prepare 4 Battle!
#3DerppopotamusPosted 5/20/2014 8:18:13 PM
inb4 'falcons trollig agian lol, u suck lol'

That is some heartfelt s***. This game will always be a fond memory, but that's all I want it to be. The messy connections of Nintendo Wi-fi are too unbearable to go back to. The weapon balance (though very unique and unforgettable) led to the wide array of interesting weapons mostly being left off the battlefield. There were a handful of young members discovering themselves out loud on a public forum while the entire community chuckled in their office chairs. Then there are the people who don't even play Conduit 2 anymore and I still talk to them daily on Skype. For me this game has served it's purpose. As a shooter for the Wii, and a nice little place for a community.

Maybe it's for the best that they put Conduit 2 down before some of our more active players spend hours searching the most popular playlist to find one other player.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#4B05S_P4GPosted 5/20/2014 8:30:03 PM
I could not help cracking up. You've outdone yourself this time, Falcon. Sadly, this is probably your last post.
10/10, almost (almost) sad to see you go.
---
C2 FC: 3011-0210-9706 | PSN: B05S_P4GG | NNID: NintyConsolGAMR | EMERGENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH2kIFwdjI
#5TheOmegaShenPosted 5/20/2014 8:35:09 PM
You guys forget that Falcon will be the last person left on this board.

Assuming that I let him be, of course.
---
Reject common sense and make the impossible, possible. THAT is how Team Dai-Gurren rolls!
#6xXAISPXxPosted 5/21/2014 2:59:08 AM
Falcon...you may have derogated so many people including me, but...thank you.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#7F4LCONSW4G(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2014 3:26:12 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
You guys forget that Falcon will be the last person left on this board.

Assuming that I let him be, of course.

We'll see about that, Kamina.
#8xXAISPXxPosted 5/21/2014 4:31:30 AM
Why did I get a security warning from this topic?
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#9_SignalPosted 5/21/2014 8:09:22 AM
Well-said Falcon.

I actually chuckled when I read "Though I think of you all poorly," and "I may hate you all at a superficial level."

I'm only kidding when I say we all pretty much feel the same way about you.

Nice post.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#10CmoIsDaNam3Posted 5/23/2014 9:25:15 AM
_Signal posted...
Well-said Falcon.

I actually chuckled when I read "Though I think of you all poorly," and "I may hate you all at a superficial level."

I'm only kidding when I say we all pretty much feel the same way about you.

Nice post.

Only thing that was remotely funny about what he said was quoting Lark.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI