I was DC'd from Conduit 2 overnight

#1_SignalPosted 5/21/2014 5:08:51 AM
As many of you know, a handful of us remained online in Conduit 2's multiplayer and connected to each other after the servers stopped allowing people to connect.

Chain, RJ and I played a match that ended around midnight CST, and after seventeen hours of nearly continuous play, with aching hands and burning eyes, I decided to call it a night, leaving both my Wii and WiiU running C2 and connected to that private lobby with Chain and RJ.

This morning I woke to find that I had been disconnected overnight, possibly due to my own internet instability or whatever. We'll see if Chain and RJ are still connected soon I hope.

A quick look around the room reveals ample evidence of the past two days of virtual non-stop gameplay. A second TV for my Wii has been rolled into the room on a dolly, and the windows are blocked by sofa cushions to prevent light from interfering with the Wiimote. A laptop for chatting at Xat and a second laptop (my daughters) for recording matches sit to the left of my game chair, which is carefully positioned with its right arm rest centered on the TV, and precisely 64" from the sensor bar (it's important). Water bottles, eye drops, and other items litter the support area beside the chair where I played.

I would like to extend a sincere thanks to everyone who offered support at Xat or joined me in playing this still amazingly fun, but frequently laggy game over the past two days. It was practically everyone from here that still plays, so this message is for you all. I offer a special thank you to Nightfire, who joined me early yesterday morning and stuck with me all day in anticipation of the shutdown, and to my nightly playmates which include Chain, Dug, Ventus, Dropy, JingleBells, and a bunch of other regulars. I would have quit playing this game a long time ago if it weren't for you guys. You are my friends, and I desperately hope that we can remain in touch even though the thing that brought us together no longer exists.

As most of you know, this is the first online game I ever played, and really the only one I play, so the worlds of C2's maps like Streets Prime and Whiteout and Agartha have come to represent actual places that I could visit and explore, virtually undiluted by memories of maps from other games, making the whole shutdown event feel rather apocalyptic to me.

You've all helped make the ending seem complete in some way, adding a sense of closure to a chapter of my life that I wasn't really ready to close. Thank you each and every one.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2VintageRonJohnPosted 5/21/2014 5:20:13 AM
I am still online. My friend and rival rosters are now completely empty. I think Signal took Chain down too. (That's why I sat in my own lobby overnight.)

I contacted Cmo and Venom to see if they're still around, because if so, I can add them and join them.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#3xXAISPXxPosted 5/21/2014 5:22:30 AM
I got disconnected way too many times yesterday. And I could not join your games.

Actually, I did, but I would get disconnected from the lobby. Shame this was the first to happen to me.

Thank you, Signal, for the fun games and the fun times we had.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#4Ventus2aPosted 5/21/2014 6:03:32 AM
Signal and everyone thanks for the last few games last night. I logged off about 10 MT when my daughter stopped by to visit and I tried to get back on at about Midnight, but I could not get back on ;-(. Was glad to see we still got to play a few games yesterday. AISP saw try to log on to the games but could never stay in the lobby. Hopefully someone will come up with a way to still play on private servers because I will miss the games and friends here.
---
Ventus. Conduit FC 4899-6416-2462
#5xXAISPXxPosted 5/21/2014 6:18:49 AM
I recorded it, since people found to be humorous. So did I, after a while.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/21/2014 6:41:43 AM
disconnected from host.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2014 7:51:47 AM
Agreed Ventus. Hopefully the Homebrew custom server designed for Mario Kart will work for us, but who knows.

Maybe I took you down with me Chain, I dunno. It's not like we knew what to do in this situation.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#8eig7htyPosted 5/21/2014 8:25:29 AM
GG's to everyone as well, C2 was the first online game I played as well. It's hasn't been a day since the shut off and I already have a lost feeling towards it. Even through all the obvious frustrations this game can bring, it still stands as one of the best games I've played, as well as the game I've played the most. Besides the unique and fun gameplay, gamefaqs brought a new level of enjoyability. Guess the final thing I'd have to say is; through the lag and the conduits we'll carry on.
---
If the result of tommorrow is today, what would you have done yesterday?
#9PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/21/2014 8:34:49 AM
I was Marvel'd from Conduit 2 overnight
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.