I challenge... YOU! (Looking for a challenge)

#11_SignalPosted 5/21/2014 5:36:02 PM
I agree that modding the Wii probably isn't for everyone.

As for me, the only thing I used my Wii for was local online multiplayer for C2. Since we have the WiiU, the Wii is totally redundant eliminating the risk for us. If I brick it I'll be sad, but it won't really be a loss now that C2 is down.

Regarding the temptation to pirate a game... if there was something I wanted to play I'd just buy it. But I guess people that aren't working and generating income could be more tempted.

I've never modded anything, but I'm going to give this a shot. I see it as a case of everything to be gained and nothing to lose. But I recognize that everyone is not in my position.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#12xXAISPXxPosted 5/21/2014 5:55:48 PM
Yeah, same here Signal.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#13LigersRulePosted 5/21/2014 7:28:34 PM
I feel there is a big difference between modding something that was intended to be modded and things that aren't. Minecraft (on PC), for instance. Mods are safe, easy, and brilliant. Not to mention the entire modding community is in love with the base game, and don't do anything to make it easier to get around security features or make it so anybody can play without buying it, because the entire thing is built in support of the main game. Likewise, the creators of the game love modders and work together with them to improve things. They make it easy to get in, and easy to work with.

Elder Scrolls games (again, on PC) are the same way. GTA. Just Cause. Hell, Steam has an entire feature built into their system and games, the Steam Workshop, which is built to streamline and assist modders and people who play mods. It sometimes even pays those creators (like with CS:GO) for their help in creating a better game.

Consoles, however, are not meant to be modded. There are security settings you are bypassing, and doing many things that were never intended. It is the basis of all hacking and pirating on consoles. Besides that, the modding communities are often malicious, cheating the game developers and the systems. I cannot support it.

I imagine Tevas is going to come try and call me out, but he would just be wasting his time. This is how I feel, and if he wants to insult me, let him. It would somewhat prove my point about the type of people who are into the modding scene. I do not support console mods, and that won't change.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#14DerppopotamusPosted 5/23/2014 8:56:45 AM
LigersRule posted...
I feel there is a big difference between modding something that was intended to be modded and things that aren't. Minecraft (on PC), for instance. Mods are safe, easy, and brilliant. Not to mention the entire modding community is in love with the base game, and don't do anything to make it easier to get around security features or make it so anybody can play without buying it, because the entire thing is built in support of the main game. Likewise, the creators of the game love modders and work together with them to improve things. They make it easy to get in, and easy to work with.

Elder Scrolls games (again, on PC) are the same way. GTA. Just Cause. Hell, Steam has an entire feature built into their system and games, the Steam Workshop, which is built to streamline and assist modders and people who play mods. It sometimes even pays those creators (like with CS:GO) for their help in creating a better game.

Consoles, however, are not meant to be modded. There are security settings you are bypassing, and doing many things that were never intended. It is the basis of all hacking and pirating on consoles. Besides that, the modding communities are often malicious, cheating the game developers and the systems. I cannot support it.

I imagine Tevas is going to come try and call me out, but he would just be wasting his time. This is how I feel, and if he wants to insult me, let him. It would somewhat prove my point about the type of people who are into the modding scene. I do not support console mods, and that won't change.

Smash bros modding pretty respectable, so is New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I guess it just depends if there is decent content coming from the modifications. Also, on huge Minecraft survival servers hackers are a pretty big deal. So there are two kinds of modifications, malicious modifications and constructive modifications. With Piracy and cheating being on the malicious side.

http://www.newerteam.com/

http://projectmgame.com/en/
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#15DerppopotamusPosted 5/23/2014 10:55:08 AM
In reference to the Topic, I have a Wii with 'capabilities to play on the new servers' but I'd rather not play with you. You're cheating in most your videos, and I find that rather childish. You say "It's just for fun." Your fun should never ruin the fun for everyone in the lobby, that's just selfish.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#16SilentXwingPosted 5/23/2014 11:56:35 AM
Derppopotamus posted...
In reference to the Topic, I have a Wii with 'capabilities to play on the new servers' but I'd rather not play with you. You're cheating in most your videos, and I find that rather childish. You say "It's just for fun." Your fun should never ruin the fun for everyone in the lobby, that's just selfish.

---
PSN: Dark_Striker1229
Prepare 4 Battle!
#17LigersRulePosted 5/23/2014 2:48:09 PM
SilentXwing posted...
Derppopotamus posted...

---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#18xXAISPXxPosted 5/23/2014 3:17:04 PM
LigersRule posted...
SilentXwing posted...
Derppopotamus posted...

Basically. Though I'm only vehement about it if it is being done publicly.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"