Still here.

#101PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/19/2014 10:28:15 PM
LigersRule posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
So Lig, I cant remember, which game did you like better?

Disregarding the game-killing hacks and glitches, I preferred TCon myself...

Same. The loadout system wasn't popular with damn near anybody who played the first game. Everybody complained about weapon sets, but at the end of the day I much prefer them to the loadouts. Especially the limiter of only 1 power weapon per map. That was a godsend.

The maps were, imo, better. Nothing is wrong with the C2 maps, but TCon maps just felt they fit the game a lot better than the C2 maps did, which just seemed like generic Halo inspired maps. Also, Infirmary for life.

That, and my two favorite guns (SCAR and Strike Rifle) underwent some pretty massive changes that made me not really care for either of them afterwards.

Agreed on everything, especially Infirmary and the strike rifle lol.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#102PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/19/2014 10:30:13 PM
PancakeLol posted...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have pancakes to devour.

Mmmmmm
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#103xXAISPXxPosted 6/20/2014 5:12:21 AM
What was so good about Infirmary?
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#104old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 5:18:28 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
LigersRule posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Same. The loadout system wasn't popular with damn near anybody who played the first game. Everybody complained about weapon sets, but at the end of the day I much prefer them to the loadouts. Especially the limiter of only 1 power weapon per map. That was a godsend.

The maps were, imo, better. Nothing is wrong with the C2 maps, but TCon maps just felt they fit the game a lot better than the C2 maps did, which just seemed like generic Halo inspired maps. Also, Infirmary for life.

That, and my two favorite guns (SCAR and Strike Rifle) underwent some pretty massive changes that made me not really care for either of them afterwards.

Having not played much online TCON, I have a question for you two. How much difference did movement speed make in a noticeable feel between the two?

I've got no strong memory to base it on...but to me it seems like C2 required just as much skill as TCON. (Something the C2 hating crowd disagreed with me on strongly)

Admittedly I'm basing this more so off of presumption, but here is my reasoning:

1) Dat sprint button....faster targets are always harder to hit (atleast for me) you could even outrun lockon...especially with supercharger. Due to early complaining supercharger was one of the earliest nerfs...popular consensus was it had to be slowed down. Even afterward though..C2 was a faster game as far as movement goes.

2. jumping height was nerfed from TCON making stage tech (or as I'm more comfortable calling it, free running) difficult. You couldn't simply just walk to an edge and jump up and through a window or over a gap. Maps had shortcuts and flanks just like TCON, but platforming took more skill to successfully execute.

3. perks like light armor, heavy armor & helmet made judging how many bullets it took to put someone down have more variation, thus taking some of the predictability out of it.

4. Environmental hazards in the form of widow makers & TPC mines increased the number of static enemies/dangers for you to overcome from TCON...which only had grenades as environmental dangers. (Which you could here the clatter w/frags and the hum w/rads...and both were short lived)

5. hardcore mode with no lock on or radar. (Which sadly few people played)

See, to me it was just a very different game than TCON. I don't think it took less skill...just different skill. Many TCON vets soured on it because it was so different; I think it was considered easy because they were getting killed with greater ease by newcomers than they expected.

I still remember Signal beating that TCON vet who challenged her. If it was an easy game or one that depended on luck I don't think things would be so one sided when it comes to how veterans perform against players skilled at the original TCON.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#105Shooter613Posted 6/20/2014 5:20:42 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
What was so good about Infirmary?

Everything.
---
Conduit 2: Shooter613/FC : 1249-4624-0371
http://i.imgur.com/FzElCjS.jpg
#106CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/20/2014 5:27:20 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
LigersRule posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Having not played much online TCON, I have a question for you two. How much difference did movement speed make in a noticeable feel between the two?

I've got no strong memory to base it on...but to me it seems like C2 required just as much skill as TCON. (Something the C2 hating crowd disagreed with me on strongly)

Admittedly I'm basing this more so off of presumption, but here is my reasoning:

1) Dat sprint button....faster targets are always harder to hit (atleast for me) you could even outrun lockon...especially with supercharger. Due to early complaining supercharger was one of the earliest nerfs...popular consensus was it had to be slowed down. Even afterward though..C2 was a faster game as far as movement goes.

2. jumping height was nerfed from TCON making stage tech (or as I'm more comfortable calling it, free running) difficult. You couldn't simply just walk to an edge and jump up and through a window or over a gap. Maps had shortcuts and flanks just like TCON, but platforming took more skill to successfully execute.

3. perks like light armor, heavy armor & helmet made judging how many bullets it took to put someone down have more variation, thus taking some of the predictability out of it.

4. Environmental hazards in the form of widow makers & TPC mines increased the number of static enemies/dangers for you to overcome from TCON...which only had grenades as environmental dangers. (Which you could here the clatter w/frags and the hum w/rads...and both were short lived)

5. hardcore mode with no lock on or radar. (Which sadly few people played)

See, to me it was just a very different game than TCON. I don't think it took less skill...just different skill. Many TCON vets soured on it because it was so different; I think it was considered easy because they were getting killed with greater ease by newcomers than they expected.

I still remember Signal beating that TCON vet who challenged her. If it was an easy game or one that depended on luck I don't think things would be so one sided when it comes to how veterans perform against players skilled at the original TCON.

Mossy, its funny you post that, Lark had a thread about this actually, gonna find it and post it.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#107CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/20/2014 5:32:22 AM
Here it is, had it saved in my favorites in Chrome.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/63720787
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#108old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 6:24:24 AM
Thanks for posting that link, Cmo. That was a nice read. I'd forgotten that TCON had no recoil.

Lark hit it on the head....both games require skill, but the games are so different it can sometimes be difficult to recognize. Especially if you are fixated on one title over the other (which is only natural)

When sequels break form, fan bases tend to get angry & when that happens it's difficult to be unbiased. I'm guilty of it just as much as the next guy when it comes to certain games
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#109CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/20/2014 6:57:53 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
Thanks for posting that link, Cmo. That was a nice read. I'd forgotten that TCON had no recoil.

Lark hit it on the head....both games require skill, but the games are so different it can sometimes be difficult to recognize. Especially if you are fixated on one title over the other (which is only natural)

When sequels break form, fan bases tend to get angry & when that happens it's difficult to be unbiased. I'm guilty of it just as much as the next guy when it comes to certain games

Definitely man, I think that is one of my most favorite threads on here too.
---
Cmo More Often.
#110PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/20/2014 8:26:31 AM
A long lost quote from that thread:

"That said, I still believe HVS should figure out what they want this series to be. A puzzle game wouldn't surprise me at this point lol" - Punch

:P
---