Still here.

#131VintageRonJohnPosted 6/21/2014 8:23:41 AM
_Signal posted...
The big problem with the TCon maps were all of the people that were not in them.

Yes, low player population was a huge problem.

I agree about the old school arena feel. I really wanted TCon 2, not Conduit 2.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#132LigersRulePosted 6/21/2014 9:14:00 AM
VintageRonJohn posted...

This 1000x. TCon had a fantastic niche, while C2 just seemed to be a generic shooter on an unconventional console. I don't think any of us disagree that had the game come out on PS3/360, it would have tanked ever harder. TCon had a very different feel, and I miss it.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#133PancakeLolPosted 6/21/2014 10:50:41 AM
I too understand the good feeling you get with garbage graphics and a good soundtrack. Add exclusive to wii and you got yourself a good game.
---
http://youtu.be/rNwjbRh5j4g
#134old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:18:10 AM
Signal, good news... Splatoon will also support local coop...since Nin is on record for saying they have no interest in a twin tablet setting just yet, I hope that means wii mote support along with Pro controller

That game really has my interest. It's also too bad I never got into private lobbies in TCON as that would have saved the game from glitchers & hackers for me. Instead I just experienced pubs...which to be honest the majority of the time were broken garbage...so I moved on to CoD MW Reflex edition and experimented with all the wii CoD till I got burnt out on them with Black Ops.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#135old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 11:51:47 AM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
VintageRonJohn posted...

This 1000x. TCon had a fantastic niche, while C2 just seemed to be a generic shooter on an unconventional console. I don't think any of us disagree that had the game come out on PS3/360, it would have tanked ever harder. TCon had a very different feel, and I miss it.

I'm still not convinced the game (C2) tanked on wii. Sega never gave it a proper print run. As far as what it did distribute...didn't the game sell well?

As far as putting it on PS360...I actually agree with my Falpal, as I assume he's being sarcastic.

It's graphics were terrible compared to what the others were capable of, wii mote styled controls never took off on the PS3 or were even offered on the 360, it's maps were arena like and simple...it would have failed hard on those two systems. To be fair, so would TCON

Brodude inc. didnt necessarily care much for the niche arena shooter catagory; they wanted sprint buttons, nerfed lock on, loadouts, sniper rifles,kill streaks ...that's why the changes were made in the first place...to draw customers.

I won't argue that TCON was better received...things were rather desperate for the wii back then for shooters. It set a template that hardcore niche fans knew & wanted repeated. The bro dudes population (when C2 was released) had moved on to other systems & games during the two year developmental period, least that's my impression. C2 was trying to an audience that wasn't there (like they were in TCON) while displeasing TCONS fan base with the changes.

In retrospect maybe that's why Sega limited print run, lol.

I never played TCONS multiplayer enough to appreciate it. I'd hate to see C2's high health with loadouts go away though. From what I do remember of TCON as far as multiplayer goes; I wasn't all that much impressed but to each their own.

What I'd ideally like to see on the multiplayer front is something similar to what Black ops offered with the Bare Bones setting, except throw out loadouts all together, remove the ability to run and gun recoil, and return jump height to TCONS standards. The other setting would contain the game C2 fans enjoy.

Likely never to happen, but it's my ideal release. Lol...I highly doubt we'll see either game again though. I'd love to be wrong about that! : )
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#136DerppopotamusPosted 6/21/2014 12:42:41 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Black ops

gun recoil

As a fan of older shooters, I take offense to saying Call of Duty has recoil.

Good stuff, though. Dreams of a new Conduit are always nice to hear.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#137old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 2:08:11 PM
Whoops, sorry Derp. When I was talking about CoD & that barebones setting, I didn't mean for the game to operate like Call of Duty, just borrow it's idea for a simpler game without armor abilities etc.

Barebones was basically perk less setting (or one that was very basic) no gun attachments either or custom classes. When I said no recoil I meant as in TCONS no recoil.

Been awhile since I played CoD; I remember it having recoil (head shots for gold skins was a nightmare with some guns for Reflex) but I can't remember how well it was implemented and really don't have much to compare it to, experience wise (before shooters on the wii, the last shooters I played were on N64 & PC...and even then, not many of 'em)
---
#138PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/21/2014 5:11:03 PM
Loremas1861 posted...
Hey I'm new here. My ign is Loremas and my FC is 2881-4107-8480
Add me if you want

:D
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#139PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/21/2014 5:41:49 PM
Also, all this talk of TCon has me thinking...

I'll never forget that drive home after picking up the game from the closest Gamestop which was 30 to 45 minutes away. Although I usually do the driving, I remember the misses driving us back to town while I just stared at my awesome collectors edition. I had waited for what seemed like an eternity for this game and it was finally in my hands. I remember looking through the strange little artbook and reading the triumphant foreword provided by Eric Nofsinger. I remember looking so intently at the pictures on the back of the game case like I was studying for the friggin SATs lol.

After a drive that felt like an eternity, I finally made it home. I probably shoved my wife off of the porch trying to get through the door as fast as I could lol. I played about 10 minutes of the single player to tweak my controls for competition. Then I hopped online, and low and behold, finally my first match ever was about to transpire... well, after I dealt with the dreaded spawn glitch lol. Once successfully online, oh man, that feeling. I was rippin through fools like a Tazmanian Devil in a toilet paper factory. I was hooked. Instantly.

Little did I know, the best and worst was yet to come. Sure, hackers and glitchers immediately devoured the game, but it opened the door to the world of private matches. I met sooooo many brothers and sisters in the TCon community through those private matches, many of them I still keep up with to this day.

Great, great times with that game and I honestly believe those times will never be replicated again. It was something special that I'll probably never have the privilege of experiencing again.

AND, through all of that, I met my awesome Con2 bros and sisters (in case you though I forgot about you lol)

Sorry to take a strike rifle down memory lane, all this TCon talk just got me thinking...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#140PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/22/2014 7:36:27 PM
Ok I see how it is... I make one mushy, sentimental post and no one wants to post anymore. I guess this shows you who your real friends are...
---