Still here.

#81MSeaCreasyPosted 6/19/2014 2:44:12 PM
TCIC was mentioned on TCON's credits, I think.. Well HVS acknowledged TCIC somewhere and we at TCIC were very proud... I still know of a place where TCIC members hang out but it's a very dark place.

Any news what HVS is up to? Last time I heard, they were making a phone game. I would like them to use their Conduit experience and make a new FPS on the wii u.
---
#Bayonetta2 #DevilsThird #SupportTheseWiiUExclusives
#82old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 5:52:15 PM(edited)
MSeaCreasy posted...
TCIC was mentioned on TCON's credits, I think.. Well HVS acknowledged TCIC somewhere and we at TCIC were very proud... I still know of a place where TCIC members hang out but it's a very dark place.

Any news what HVS is up to? Last time I heard, they were making a phone game. I would like them to use their Conduit experience and make a new FPS on the wii u.

Sorry; please don't take my lack of knowledge about a place Chain would call home (thanks Samu5 for giving it some context) as anything other than that....ignorance! Chain has always been very competitive, knowledgable, & dedicated to this series. He's also always been kind to me, so that's a bonus.

I'm not into platitudes, innuendo or false irony as a way to troll folks but sadly this forum has had a few show up who think that makes them look clever... (TrolI logic, go figure) With me, what you see is what you get. I sadly didn't know about you guys....but trust me when I say I love the franchise if not it's lag, lol. ( but on wii that was a common enough complaint for any online title... From first party stuff to the 3rd party Devs)

That said...what have we nabbed with you! A guy versed in old Conduit times and a fan proud to have contributed to a web site dedicated to the game! I'd enjoy hearing about you and hope you bring your friends here...if they are in a 'dark place' trust me when I say this place is far from happy, bright sunlight.

To be honest the board needs positive activity, least in my opinion....and the Devs use to follow this board; heck some of the folks here... One my dear friend, actually directly contributed to patches here. That HAS to be a highlight here on faqs.... I don't suspect it happens often ! Maybe the HVS Devs occasionally lurk here, I dunno....I hope so!

I have many questions for you & would like to know you better as far as a fellow fan goes... Btw there is no wrong or right answer...

What did you like most about TCON? Was it the sci fi theme, it's unique feel as a first person shooter, it's community, the fact it was a Nin exclusive & unique...I can go into detail for catagory myself as to what each meant to me, and will do so if you'd like. Seems only fair, lol but you might be either too busy or disinterested to care. A few folks have been trying to hound me lattely into thinking my opinions don't matter...in which I lmao...as there opinion of my opinion should? Rest assured you are in a place of free expression, if not free of idiotic trolls. (They are pretty easy to identify though )

You have a unique input I've yet not heard , as well as access to "old ones" lol...gotta try to get you to join up here. To be very honest the community needs you guys & fresh ideas & discussion.

I'd love hearing more about the TCIC too; this game needs a proper codex archiving it's information...both facts & history. I'd also love to see the series continue in one form or another be it a continuation or reboot .... But that's a topic for another time.

Hope to see more of you around here!
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#83Player991817Posted 6/19/2014 5:56:34 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
TCP [The Conduit Portal]

I remember that one. I used to visit it somewhat often around the time I started coming here.

It died within months though.
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#84old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 6:25:40 PM
Yes, sadly the host ran out of money. I enjoyed my time there before coming here because it's there that I met Skozo, Lark, & Royal Soldure Dude...lol... I doubt the latter two remember me but I know Skoz always will! It's too bad I left before getting to know Cmo over there...the C2 hate ran me off though slightly after the game launched...then I joined here.

Remembered or not I enjoyer Skoz, Lark, & RSD's contributions. I especially remember a discussion we had over free masons, lol.

I do remember what drove me away from portal though....There was a growing number of old TCON fans who held anyone who enjoyed C2 or who argued it wasn't necessarily an easier game, with a great degree of disdain.

That was before balance patches though & when the game was so new & different than TCON. It was sorta a house divided back then.

Just the same that house gave me three people I still remember with admiration at the very least and friendly fondness at best. For that alone I owe it a thank you.

Lol....I still remember Chronic going over there and challenging them all! My money would have been on my old Left Over brother, haha! Bet he woulda tore em up.

I'm old, tired as of now & forgetfull....I can't remember if anyone over there took up his challenge . I don't remember anyone stepping up... But could you imagine a Lark/ Chronic snipe off.... Man that's a YouTube vid I actually WOULD watch, lol!
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#85Player991817Posted 6/19/2014 7:33:10 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Lol....I still remember Chronic going over there and challenging them all! My money would have been on my old Left Over brother, haha! Bet he woulda tore em up.

That was actually why I came there. Chronic and I were on SG and looking to challenge anyone, but the majority there laughed at the idea of playing C2.

However, there was that small group that you mentioned (RSD, Lark, Skozo, Cmo) that was still active on C2, and Chronic (at the time being loud and more proud- to call it that) proclaimed himself as one of the great players and Larknok stepped up and battled him.

I don't remember the outcome, but I do remember all the complaining that followed the match.
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#86SupahShnipaPosted 6/19/2014 7:52:11 PM
Wow people still post here.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse where we at? Actually I don't remember if Blaeu ever played 2.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/ForlornSnow
NNID - Forlorn
#87LigersRulePosted 6/19/2014 7:57:43 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Liger & Punch were both active in forums & groups back then.

Yeah, Punch and I are relics of the board that used to be. We both joined the GameFAQs TCon community around launch, I believe. There were a huge list of players back then, and it kind of saddens me that those names (Richie, Blaeu, Ryudo, Flame, Martian, Mormon, Celtic, etc.) don't mean anything to anybody anymore.

Probably the biggest thing that came out of that board, though (TCon GameFAQs board) was BAP. In the few months that BAP was active, we probably had more private matches than this board (C2 GameFAQs) has had in it's whole existence. Probably any minute from about 10 AM EST until midnight, there was at least one, often more, private matches going on. We had about 100 active members at our peak.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#88LigersRulePosted 6/19/2014 7:58:35 PM
SupahShnipa posted...
Wow people still post here.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse where we at? Actually I don't remember if Blaeu ever played 2.

Blaeu didn't. I think I can remember Ryudo and Wolff getting it, but I don't think either liked it very much.

What's been going on?
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#89Player991817Posted 6/19/2014 7:59:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#90PancakeLolPosted 6/19/2014 9:01:33 PM
This bored is a joke, literally.
---
http://youtu.be/rNwjbRh5j4g