Still here.

#91_SignalPosted 6/19/2014 9:14:36 PM
Yeah, but not the kind that makes you laugh out loud. It's more like the kind that just makes you smile inside.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#92Debunker5Posted 6/19/2014 9:22:35 PM
PancakeLol posted...
bored

PancakeLol
#93PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/19/2014 9:53:37 PM
SupahShnipa posted...
Wow people still post here.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse where we at?

REPRESENT!!!

LigersRule posted...
Blaeu didn't. I think I can remember Ryudo and Wolff getting it, but I don't think either liked it very much.

Yeah Ryudo and Warrior played for maybe a day or two and never came back. Like the majority of TCon players, they hated Con2. I think me and Lig were the very few who liked both games lol.

In all seriousness, I dont recall a sequel killing off a fan base and garnering a completely different one to the extent that Conduit 2 did. It's certainly remarkable lol
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#94PancakeLolPosted 6/19/2014 10:01:33 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
SupahShnipa posted...
Wow people still post here.

Blaeu's Awesome Posse where we at?

REPRESENT!!!

LigersRule posted...
Blaeu didn't. I think I can remember Ryudo and Wolff getting it, but I don't think either liked it very much.

Yeah Ryudo and Warrior played for maybe a day or two and never came back. Like the majority of TCon players, they hated Con2. I think me and Lig were the very few who liked both games lol.

In all seriousness, I dont recall a sequel killing off a fan base and garnering a completely different one to the extent that Conduit 2 did. It's certainly remarkable lol

I think because it took less skill.
---
http://youtu.be/rNwjbRh5j4g
#95PancakeLolPosted 6/19/2014 10:02:01 PM
Sorry, Debunker
---
#96LigersRulePosted 6/19/2014 10:03:27 PM
PancakeLol posted...
I think because it took less skill.

Skill has nothing to do with it. Besides, both Conduit games are a lot more skill-based and a lot less tactical-based than any other FPS on Nintendo consoles, as is usual with high-health FPSs.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#97PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/19/2014 10:21:15 PM
So Lig, I cant remember, which game did you like better?

Disregarding the game-killing hacks and glitches, I preferred TCon myself...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#98B05S_BrennanPosted 6/19/2014 10:33:31 PM
F4LCONSW4G posted...
@Kittyscat: Most of that was in FPS terms, so I'm not even sure about half of it, but good try nonetheless.

I'm not sure what the "proper" terms are that are equivalent for competitive fighters, but everything I listed is in Smash in some form.

Yes, universal concepts like spacing, reading, and mixups make a rudimentary appearance in SSB. But just looking at the sickeningly random-ass mechanics shows how bad it is. It's so far from solid that you just need to watch tourney videos to see the disparity between high level Smash and SF or any other real fighter.

I don't see anything wrong with the Smash tourneys I've watched. I certainly don't see anything being random.

Being able to fall to your doom or magically flying into the sky when you get a sword up your ass does not mean anything within a competitive context.

Well you lose a stock when you fall to your doom or if you get that sword up your ass when your % is too high, so it kinda does mean something. It's what the game is built around.

Besides, it doesn't necessarily need to be competitive to be fun. Playing with friends in the same room can be a blast y'know.
---
||C2 FC: 0691-9553-5915||
https://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan
#99LigersRulePosted 6/19/2014 10:54:33 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
So Lig, I cant remember, which game did you like better?

Disregarding the game-killing hacks and glitches, I preferred TCon myself...

Same. The loadout system wasn't popular with damn near anybody who played the first game. Everybody complained about weapon sets, but at the end of the day I much prefer them to the loadouts. Especially the limiter of only 1 power weapon per map. That was a godsend.

The maps were, imo, better. Nothing is wrong with the C2 maps, but TCon maps just felt they fit the game a lot better than the C2 maps did, which just seemed like generic Halo inspired maps. Also, Infirmary for life.

That, and my two favorite guns (SCAR and Strike Rifle) underwent some pretty massive changes that made me not really care for either of them afterwards.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#100PancakeLolPosted 6/19/2014 10:55:22 PM
Random items don't bring skill to the table, just luck Especially when you're getting whacked by a paper fan repeatedly! It's an overrated "fighting" game. Wii fit trainers... really? Mii characters... oh god the horror that this wretched company has brought to the gaming community.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have pancakes to devour.
---