Lest we forget

#1kev584Posted 6/7/2014 4:31:07 PM
A long time it has been since I was last here, the days of the legendary Samu5, if I'm not mistaken. However my time did not begin with those days, no, as I am a veteran of the original conduit. One who feels obliged to show you Conduit 2 fans respect for sticking it out until its final days and to share with you what this would-be elaborate universe gave me in return to its service.

I doubt few, if any, of you remember me. I started off as just another random floating around in lobbies on The Conduit. Over time I made friends and connections to which led me to The Conduit Portal; a place that I hope many of you remember. I played out The Conduit's "final" days and ran to gamestop to pick up my very own copy of Conduit 2. When I excitedly unwrapped it from its clear plastic and slotted the disc in the wii I only thought of the memories I was going to make in this game. And I did make memories, far too many to share with all you no matter how much I would like to. I played this game until I couldn't play it anymore; which unfortunately did happen.

As my other Tcon vet friends started leaving because of how much Conduit 2 disgusted them, how much it broke off from the original, I could only look on them with pity. After a while, I too saw the flaws of Conduit 2 and began looking on new horizons. I suppose I'm telling you all this just so my story isn't forgotten, so that all of us veterans are remembered for our love of the very same universe that you care for now. Although most of us not present on this forum or even in video games anymore I can always catch a glimpse at a familiar gamertag and pass off the question: "Did you play The Conduit?"

I spend my time now playing xbox, specifically Halo games. As I watch all the hate Halo 4 receives, all I can do is smile and keep on playing because who knows when the time comes for that game to breathe its last breath as well. At least halo has another chance, a luxury that our beloved Conduit universe did not receive.

With all this in mind, I invite you to breathe life into a new community, one for gamers of all passion. I have created a website, similar to that of the old conduit portal and invite you to join just in case you would like something better than these musty old forums. The link is here: http://gamingportal.shivtr.com/.

And with that I thank all of you for taking time to read this long post and I personally would like to thank Col. Biscuit and Chariloe (although they surely wont see this) for helping me continue my story in the Halo universe!

All the best,
~kev584
---
The name that few know, the name that has done so much.
#2PancakeLolPosted 6/7/2014 7:55:37 PM
I remember you :)
Good times, hows ur leg btw?
#3_SignalPosted 6/7/2014 8:19:43 PM
I remember you too, and Col. Biscuit, and Chariloe. Chariloe was one of my favorite playmates.

I missed out on the Conduit Portal, because I didn't come here until August of 2011, but I know of it.

I'll try to checkout your website, and don't be a stranger here. There are more people from the old days lurking than you might imagine.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#4CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/8/2014 1:01:22 AM
_Signal posted...
I remember you too, and Col. Biscuit, and Chariloe. Chariloe was one of my favorite playmates.

I missed out on the Conduit Portal, because I didn't come here until August of 2011, but I know of it.

I'll try to checkout your website, and don't be a stranger here. There are more people from the old days lurking than you might imagine.

Man, you did miss out, that website was the stuff indeed.

Sad. :(
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#5CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/8/2014 1:01:57 AM
Oh, and Kev, I think I remember you, does my name sound familiar at all?
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#6kev584(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 4:55:35 AM
PancakeLol posted...
I remember you :)
Good times, hows ur leg btw?

My leg? I'm not sure what you mean, haha. I'm trying to remember who you are exactly... not WTFcake, right?

_Signal posted...

Yea, they are two of my best xbox friends! They are both on my website and I'm sure that they'd love to hear from you again. I would absolutely love it if you guys came to the website, there's a working chat and forums and plenty of other cool features that I haven't quite figured out yet. There hasn't been much traffic there since I've only really invited people I've played with on xbox, but I hope to chance that real soon!

Oh, and Kev, I think I remember you, does my name sound familiar at all?

Yea your name is very familiar, you were friends with simok and lark if I'm not mistaken? Actually, I think I was in an xbox live party with you and XDDDAY at one point...
---
#7Player991817Posted 6/8/2014 6:36:13 AM
It's always refreshing to see vets dropping by.

hi
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#8kev584(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 8:28:09 AM
Player991817 posted...
It's always refreshing to see vets dropping by.

hi

I bet it is, maybe I'll get lucky and some of my old old friends will drop by haha

and howdy
---
#9Col_BiscuitPosted 6/8/2014 12:34:02 PM
Hmmm well... I am still here guys. But like kev said, we'ved moved on. I could never out snipe Signal, no matter how hard I tried. Now I can't out snipe kev no matter how bad I try. lol

My beloved SCAR, "Rachel" as I called her, and my "Baby" the Warp Pistol from The Conduit, I still miss them. Me and kev have been friends for over 4 years now. First met on The Conduit back in 2010. Man the good old days...
---
Xbox GT: Col Biscuit
#10xXAISPXxPosted 6/8/2014 12:40:05 PM
The Warpy is awesome in The Conduit.
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"