Working on a Streets Prime remake for Counter-Strike

#1DerppopotamusPosted 6/9/2014 8:12:12 AM
I'm making it in Hammer, so it should work for a couple other games using the Source engine: TF2, Left4Dead, Portal, etc.

At the moment I have one of the garage buildings and one of the base buildings. I should be able to mirror the map, so consider both bases done.

They still lack textures and there are plenty of models missing, but I figured it would be nice to get some feedback from the guys who played the game the most. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWy_dpLoNjY

Anything I missed? I think there is an extra window somewhere in the garage.

Also, thanks to Brennan and Falcon. I used their videos since my Wii is no longer near my computer.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#2CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/9/2014 4:11:13 PM
Dude, you should totally make it for L4D specifically, wish the Xbox could DL those PC maps though, I would totally play that. :D
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#3LigersRulePosted 6/9/2014 4:47:39 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Dude, you should totally make it for L4D specifically

Why? He's creating it for Counter-Strike for a reason; because that's what he enjoys. The fact that it works with the other games is solely a bonus.

Besides, the map would probably work much better for Counter-Strike or TF2 a lot better than it would L4D.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#4CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/9/2014 6:19:29 PM
LigersRule posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Why? He's creating it for Counter-Strike for a reason; because that's what he enjoys. The fact that it works with the other games is solely a bonus.

Besides, the map would probably work much better for Counter-Strike or TF2 a lot better than it would L4D.

Idk, because maybe it would be FUN.

No need for your smart response, jerk, it was just a suggestion. >.>

Besides why WOULD it be better for TF2 or CS? To me, it would be the same, just on a different game, and would serve to be the co-op experience we never got in C2.

Again, don't be a jerk.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#5PancakeLolPosted 6/9/2014 6:31:25 PM
LigersRule posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Actually Streets-Prime would suck on CS
because its wide open. By the way are you trolling?
#6Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 8:49:14 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Dude, you should totally make it for L4D specifically, wish the Xbox could DL those PC maps though, I would totally play that. :D

I guess it might work as a survival map. I'll see if I can port it after I make the final version.

PancakeLol posted...
because its wide open.

I can already see AWPs locking down the entire map. Thats why it's a Gun Game map. I fear what people will do if I let them buy their own weapons.

To be honest, I don't excpect the map to gain much popularity outside the Conduit skype group. Most of us in there play CSGO, so it made sense to make the map for it. Though TF2 is my second option.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#7LigersRulePosted 6/9/2014 9:24:37 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Idk, because maybe it would be FUN.

No need for your smart response, jerk, it was just a suggestion. >.>

Besides why WOULD it be better for TF2 or CS? To me, it would be the same, just on a different game, and would serve to be the co-op experience we never got in C2.

Again, don't be a jerk.

I was trying to have legitimate discussion, but if you want to call me a jerk, whatever. From where I'm sitting, your comment was much ruder than mine was.

The map is too defensible for L4D. It would be easy for survivors to hole up and camp. For TF2, it's just far too small. Counter-Strike seems like the best fit, though Pentagon probably would have been better.

PancakeLol
because its wide open. By the way are you trolling?

No? And Streets-prime would suck on any game, not just CS. It's not exactly a well-designed map. It's quite simple. The only benefit it has is nostalgia, and Derps is basically creating it for a group of former C2 players on Skype. It's not going to be competitive, that's for sure.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#8xXAISPXxPosted 6/10/2014 7:34:45 AM
Falcon has videos?
---
SOTD: "I am Michael Ford, still with a purpose. I thank you all, for your great service."
- Col Biscuit's "Hero"
#9CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/10/2014 1:06:13 PM
Lig, you wern't, nothing you said screamed "Legitimate discussion"

Again, don't be a jerk, it was just a suggestion, and one that is considered too.
---
Cmo More Often.
#10CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/10/2014 1:07:21 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Falcon has videos?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he has a YT, I think back when I went on a YT blocking spree I saw something of his name, so it wouldn't surprise me.
---
Cmo More Often.