Thinking of getting this mainly for the SP.

#1izzymc85Posted 6/10/2014 7:43:36 PM
So I know I'm late to the party as far as online multiplayer goes (got GoldenEye and a Wii U for that anyways). I'm thinking of playing both Conduit games for the single player. I'm sure I can get both games for a rather low price. Would it be worth it? Is there local multiplayer for the second game? Is the GCN controller compatible with Conduit 2? Basically I'm looking for more Wii Remote shooter fix.
#2Silent_NexusPosted 6/10/2014 8:01:48 PM
Haven't played the first one, but the second game's single-player is just fine. It has some humor into it, while I heard the first game was kind of serious.

Their is local multiplayer for Conduit 2,but the GCN controller is not compatible with it.
---
"Tag, you're dead."
-Anya Alstreim (Code Geass)
#3Player991817Posted 6/10/2014 8:41:47 PM
Pfffft
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#4DerppopotamusPosted 6/10/2014 9:49:43 PM
Single-player wise, I enjoyed the first game more. The guns in the first game didn't have capped fire rates, so you could fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. So, thats really fun.

Conduit 2 had a lot of post-release support. I'm pretty sure you can't get the patches with wi-fi down. It was mostly balancing and fixes for multiplayer, and some crash fixes for the Invasion mode.

If you've come looking for a shooter designed around the Wiimote, this is your game. But you might leave feeling unsattisfied; both games end in cliff-hangers. If you can find it for around $20, I'd say it's worth it.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#5CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/11/2014 12:03:45 AM
Derppopotamus posted...
Single-player wise, I enjoyed the first game more. The guns in the first game didn't have capped fire rates, so you could fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. So, thats really fun.

Conduit 2 had a lot of post-release support. I'm pretty sure you can't get the patches with wi-fi down. It was mostly balancing and fixes for multiplayer, and some crash fixes for the Invasion mode.

If you've come looking for a shooter designed around the Wiimote, this is your game. But you might leave feeling unsattisfied; both games end in cliff-hangers. If you can find it for around $20, I'd say it's worth it.

Same thing I'd say tbh.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#6PancakeLolPosted 6/11/2014 9:08:49 AM
Save your money its not worth it at all.
But go ahead if you wanna listen to fanboyism, don't say I didn't warn you.
#7DerppopotamusPosted 6/11/2014 9:44:15 AM
PancakeLol posted...

He's right, it's not a very good game, but it's as good as it gets for Wii mote shooters.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#8CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/11/2014 3:10:10 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
PancakeLol posted...

He's right, it's not a very good game, but it's as good as it gets for Wii mote shooters.

In the grand picture of FPS's games, its decent, not bad, not really good, just barely decent, but even still, if you want to, just get it, although, not much to do now with the servers off.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#9_SignalPosted 6/11/2014 6:57:16 PM
I feel like the strength of C2 was in the multiplayer, but you won't find a game with smoother, or more fluid character movement.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#10PancakeLolPosted 6/11/2014 8:18:29 PM
Empty feel to the environments, you go from a good looking place like Atlantis to a plastic snowy environment it sucks.
On top of that the AI is basically dirt and having really good controls doesnt make them anymore difficult. Guns are boring, missions are repetitive, offline multiplayer is your moms China when you have friends over, broken, ugly, and useless.
Online multiplayer is way better, no friends to ruin you experience, if you have another console besides the wii, buy a different game, if you only have the wii, buy a different game.