What the heck is an arena shooter anyway?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. What the heck is an arena shooter anyway?
11 months ago#121
On a side note, FF5 almost had a Grandmaster in our clan.

But he was too busy... Being a grandmaster. :(

I would have been soo pumped!
Oh man, there are so many people I wish I could have brought over to the community :(
All the people I played Tcon with, The people I played MPH with, Definitely not the people I play brawl with though, My gosh :|
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
11 months ago#122
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I've watched people watching competitive StarCraft. That was intense.

They say average APM (Actions per minute) of a pro StarCraft player is between 550 and 600. They are literally doing 10 actions per second. Honestly, that brings the term "Skill", in relation to video gaming, and entirely different meaning. But these guys literally practice for ~14 hours a day, leaving room for sleep, food, poop, and a tiny bit of exercise. Of course, unlike most fighting game players, they actually make a living out of it. Probably like the equivalent of $10,000 a year, but considering housing is almost always provided by the team, that's not bad.

Edit: Annnd after I posted, I reread what you said. You're a crafty little blighter, you are.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
(edited by LigersRule)
11 months ago#123
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I've watched people watching competitive StarCraft. That was intense.

They say average APM (Actions per minute) of a pro StarCraft player is between 550 and 600. They are literally doing 10 actions per second. Honestly, that brings the term "Skill", in relation to video gaming, and entirely different meaning. But these guys literally practice for ~14 hours a day, leaving room for sleep, food, poop, and a tiny bit of exercise. Of course, unlike most fighting game players, they actually make a living out of it. Probably like the equivalent of $10,000 a year, but considering housing is almost always provided by the team, that's not bad.

Edit: Annnd after I posted, I reread what you said. You're a crafty little blighter, you are.

Speaking about APM...
If I were to make a shooter, APM would really be a key focus.

With Tcon, movement was slow as crap, and it was high health, so people didn't die quickly, And so people everywhere would complain how its not fast paced.
But at the same time, there were ALL these glitches. All the cancels, etc. And as soon as you started utilizing them, suddenly the APM of a fire fight could double, or triple. And it wasn't just regurgitating actions, these actions reflected decisions, and you're basically limited in how fast you can press buttons, by how fast you can think.

That's... A bit of an exaggeration, because a lot of the glitches are situational, and not something thats always available, so... A really intense high APM or CPM ( choices per min ) firefight might not have happened that often.

Anyway, point being.
the APM turned what would otherwise have been a slow game, to one that I felt was fast paced.
This experience with Tcon changed the way i think about pace, and made me really yearn for higher APMs.

But... Not 600 high. Thats a bit much for me.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
11 months ago#124
Never really had an interest in Nerdcraft, and I wouldn't judge it based only on videos.

However, top level fighting game players do practice insane amounts as well, and the ones that do make a living off of it make a damn good one. Daigo Umehara is estimated to have made about 196k this past year, and Justin Wong, another big Marvel/SF player, has an income in the six figures.

RTS nerds are still in the ghetto, lol.
10 months ago#125
FALCON_ONLINE posted...
Never really had an interest in Nerdcraft, and I wouldn't judge it based only on videos.

However, top level fighting game players do practice insane amounts as well, and the ones that do make a living off of it make a damn good one. Daigo Umehara is estimated to have made about 196k this past year, and Justin Wong, another big Marvel/SF player, has an income in the six figures.

RTS nerds are still in the ghetto, lol.

This sums up nicely why anything you say is so dismissable, and why people who sympathize with you in arguments are only undermining themselves.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
10 months ago#126
lol. Why would that be, dear?

You and Cmofo are practically tied as the most smug, ignorant bastards on here, and adding in your inability to present your ideas coherently you're easily ranked as most dismissable.
10 months ago#127
When I'm merely sharing my musings, I can be pretty incoherent, and even inconsistent. But thats Ok.

But when It comes to sharing Ideas, I usually bring it all the way, with thorough breakdowns, Visual aid, and lots of background supporting arguments. Usually that gets my ideas listened to.

Literally, the only thing I don't have going for me, making me more dismissable, is... My in game performance.
But nobody's called me out on that since Chesluk, because I did such a good job not getting my butt whooped.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
10 months ago#128
FALCON_ONLINE posted...
You and Cmofo are practically tied as the most smug, ignorant bastards on here

CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Literally, the only thing I don't have going for me, making me more dismissable, is... My in game performance.

You're not exactly helping your case...
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
10 months ago#129
FALCON_ONLINE posted...
lol. Why would that be, dear?

You and Cmofo are practically tied as the most smug, ignorant bastards on here, and adding in your inability to present your ideas coherently you're easily ranked as most dismissable.

A lot can be said about you too, falcon. Most of your arguments involve degrading people and their thoughts. That's why others, namely chain, dismiss what you have to say. If you want people to listen to you, you have to lower your almighty godliness down just a smidge.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. I have veteran SCARs. Heheheh.
10 months ago#130
I only degrade Chain and Cmo because they're dumb. You wouldn't see me do the same to Jaye or Shen or anyone else intelligent.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. What the heck is an arena shooter anyway?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived