What the heck is an arena shooter anyway?

#181LigersRulePosted 8/3/2014 6:42:18 PM
...Of all the things you could have sourced, you picked a Halo forum? That would be like somebody linking to a GameFAQs post as a source.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#182PancakeThe2ndPosted 8/3/2014 7:53:44 PM
....Did you consider that maybe that person knows what they're talking about? And does it really matter what forum it is? Did you just take a look and say "Welp! its Halo so it can't make sense!" ?
That's like not eating meat because you had to butcher it yourself and it wasn't nicely wrapped from the super market.
---
At least during school you have people to socialize with, better than lonely summers.
#183LigersRulePosted 8/3/2014 8:23:08 PM
I'm saying that forums are in no way relevant sources. Anybody can post something on a forum. I can go make a post on a forum about Arena Shooters saying the opposite thing as this guy, link it, and it would be just as valid. It would be like writing a book about the American Civil War, and sourcing my roommate.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#184PancakeThe2ndPosted 8/3/2014 9:59:49 PM
"The definition of “arena shooter” is clear yet
hazy. My personal definition is that of
any multiplayer shooter which does not
allow the player to choose any type of
pre-game attributes (perks and
weapons) that give you an advantage
over other players.

Quake and Unreal Tournament are
perfect examples and are true arena
shooters. The last two modern arena
shooters that have somewhat
conformed to modern standards but
still stay true to their roots are Halo and
Gears of War."

http://oxcgn.com/2012/04/29/is-the-arena-shooter-dead/
---
At least during school you have people to socialize with, better than lonely summers.
#185CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/3/2014 11:07:44 PM
The semantics of the term, as it applies to this thread, and to the users of the forum in general, has already been well defined.

Thats why the name of this thread is what it is.

No need to try to re-define it.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#186DerppopotamusPosted 8/4/2014 12:51:36 PM(edited)
Warsow is pretty fun.

CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
The semantics of the term, as it applies to this thread, and to the users of the forum in general, has already been well defined.

Thats why the name of this thread is what it is.

No need to try to re-define it.

I understand what you mean by this, but no one is sure what makes a game an Arena shooter.
Everyone spawning with the same tools and having to find the resources to make yourself stronger? Then Minecraft is an Arena shooter. Being able to propel yourself to unreachable areas with the use of explosives? I guess Call of Duty World at War is an Arena shooter. Having small Arena like maps? Unreal Tournament 3's Maps are so big they had to give you a hoverboard to get around faster.
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in
#187PancakeThe2ndPosted 8/4/2014 6:20:22 PM
^In that case, Cod Zombies is an Arena shooter :)
---
#188DokdomoroPosted 8/6/2014 2:59:47 PM
an arnea shotter is a gaem were u shot the arnea cause erryone butt u goes 2fast2quick so u cant hit nothin butt the arnea an the fast ppl laugh at u cause ur2slo an tell u to gitgud butt u dont gitgud so u jus shot the arnea an cri ensted.
#189CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/6/2014 3:12:01 PM
Dokdomoro posted...
an arnea shotter is a gaem were u shot the arnea cause erryone butt u goes 2fast2quick so u cant hit nothin butt the arnea an the fast ppl laugh at u cause ur2slo an tell u to gitgud butt u dont gitgud so u jus shot the arnea an cri ensted.

lol
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#190DerppopotamusPosted 8/6/2014 3:37:38 PM
Dokdomoro posted...

[VFF] [VGS] [VGS] [VGTB] [VGS]
---
Wii Fit GOTY Edition: Thats fine. I'm getting ready for bed
Octavia Philharmonica: I will tuck you in