Are the servers still up on Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Are the servers still up on Wii U?
1 year ago#1
Are the servers for this game still up eve on Wii U or is this game, done?
---
Naruto:CoNR3 FC:4985-7295-9380 My name is Geibu when playing online.
1 year ago#2
Official servers are done on both systems, but custom servers have been made, but not quite online yet.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
1 year ago#3
I think it was a bit of a ripoff that Nintendo didn't update the Wii mode of the WiiU to provide continued support for Wii multiplayer on the WiiU. It was something that a lot of people weren't sure about when the shutdown was first announced, but sure enough it's all gone. Unless you go the homebrew route, which works for a few games at least.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that bought a WiiU because of its backward compatibility, and not continuing Wii online support via the WiiU was a big fumble on Nintendo's part in my opinion. Continued online support of Wii games using the Wii mode of the WiiU would have sold units and built consumer confidence. Instead it just looks like Nintendo made a couple of bad business decisions and decided to cut their losses.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
1 year ago#4
_Signal posted...
I think it was a bit of a ripoff that Nintendo didn't update the Wii mode of the WiiU to provide continued support for Wii multiplayer on the WiiU.

You obviously have no idea how it works, Signal. It wasn't a matter of fixing a few lines of codes. It would have cost probably millions of dollars, tens of thousands of man hours, and quite a bit of time. You don't GET to feel "ripped off", because what you are asking would have been FAR more trouble than it's worth, especially considering how much money Nintendo has already lost on the Wii U.

Continued online support of Wii games using the Wii mode of the WiiU would have sold units and built consumer confidence. Instead it just looks like Nintendo made a couple of bad business decisions and decided to cut their losses.

No it wouldn't have. The sales difference would be negligible, and definitely not worth the investment. Nintendo would sell far more units if they just used their money and their employees time more wisely and just made more games. Things like the new Star Fox that's being made, or Devil's Third, or Splatoon. The budget of all three of those games combined is probably less than giving the Wii U the ability to continue to play Wii games online would have been.

Besides that, if they had continued online for Wii games on the Wii U, it probably would have pissed a bunch of people off. People would feel like Nintendo was FORCING them, by choice, to get a Wii U. People never know the full story, and it would just be a bunch of terrible press. Especially because right now, they are getting some of the best press they've had in 10+ years. Their image is more important now than it ever has been before.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
1 year ago#5
Their is no such thing as WiiU servers for Wii games, what the frick.
---
http://youtu.be/rNwjbRh5j4g
1 year ago#6
Precisely.
---
1 year ago#7
LigersRule posted...

I would never presume to tell you how you should or should not feel about anything.

I can't control how I feel. My feelings are just my feelings. So that should pretty much cover that.

I'll restate this in case it wasn't clear before. As I mentioned before, I chose the WiiU over the other consoles primarily because of its backward compatibility and my love of certain Wii games, including C2. My Wii had already been in for repair of the disc reader once, and I considered the WiiU as a long term backup. Like other WiiU owners, when the Wii's WiFi shutdown was announced, I was hopeful that it would not apply to the Wii mode of the WiiU. I know for a fact that was not alone in this hope, and I'm sure that I was not alone in ultimately feeling somewhat cheated that the machine that I bought to play my favorite Wii games would cease to be able to that so quickly.

As a side note, if the WiiU's backward compatibility didn't weigh heavily on your own personal decision to purchase one, then you actually can't possibly have any basis to form an opinion about how you would feel in my situation.

The WiFi shutdown was a total load of bunk and everyone knows it. It was the result of a combination of mismanagement, lack of experience with online games, and lack of foresight on Nintendo's part. You can argue until you're blue in the face that the Wii is however old it is and that it's a dead system, but the reality is actually that there are still new games scheduled for release for the Wii. It's not a dead system.

I also think you couldn't be more wrong about the resources required to adapt Wii games to a new network or simply point to a new server. Look at how quickly the Wiimmfi guys got twenty-four Wii games up and running with no support from Nintendo whatsoever. It really is just a matter of patching a few lines of code, and the only thing holding them up on C2 is breaking the encryption from the Gamestats server. If they had access to how that encryption worked, the problem would be solved already as well.

But this is just a matter of your opinion versus mine. So whatever.
---
1 year ago#8
Signal, you have obviously no idea how technology works. It's not "patching a few lines of code."

Take a class or something, because you don't seem to get it. And the servers that the Wiimmfi guys are doing are barely a dent in the surface compared to what Nintendo would have to invest. Wiimmfi servers have so far had to host what, a couple hundred users at a time? Try multiplying that by several thousands.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
1 year ago#9
Lig, sorry man, but I'm with Sig on this one, so much proof in her post.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
1 year ago#10
What speed do I set my turntable for to play a CD? It just makes this horrible screeching sound no matter what I try.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Are the servers still up on Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived