Are the servers still up on Wii U?

#11F4LCONSW4GPosted 6/29/2014 12:45:57 PM
You guys really don't seem to get it. Lig explained it well, but it's not sticking for some reason.

Setting up Wifi again for Wii games would be a big undertaking, not to mention expensive. Nintendo is already bleeding money, and the last thing they need is trying to put servers for archaic games back up just so fifteen people can play them.
#12SupahShnipaPosted 6/29/2014 12:56:50 PM
I doubt Nintendo would want to spend the money, time, and resources to put the servers back up themselves or bother to work out a deal with another company after the GameSpy thing.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/ForlornSnow
NNID - Forlorn
#13_SignalPosted 6/29/2014 3:01:32 PM
Yeah, Lig is right.

I've just been making stuff up to mislead everyone. The patch I downloaded was actually so large that I had to buy three 256 GB SD cards just to load it onto my Wii. And installing it was about 100 times more complex than transferring my game data from my Wii to my WiiU.
---
Even my signature is off-topic!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#14CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/29/2014 3:07:27 PM
_Signal posted...
Yeah, Lig is right.

I've just been making stuff up to mislead everyone. The patch I downloaded was actually so large that I had to buy three 256 GB SD cards just to load it onto my Wii. And installing it was about 100 times more complex than transferring my game data from my Wii to my WiiU.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#15_SignalPosted 6/29/2014 3:26:10 PM
It is.
---
#16LigersRulePosted 6/29/2014 4:07:30 PM
_Signal posted...
Yeah, Lig is right.

Did you even read my post? This isn't about you or your stupid little problems. This isn't about how difficult any of it would be. It's about resources. Resources of a multi-BILLION dollar company, and a decision that would have effected millions of gamers. Wiimmfi is a nice little pet project for a small little group, but you can't possibly compare the tiny stuff they're doing to one of the biggest companies in video gaming.

What you're saying would be like me telling Mojang how to set up official MineCraft servers, because I can download a client that can run the server for me. You don't have a single fricken' idea about what's going on in their company, and just because you can enter in an IP address into a hacked console doesn't mean you could have solved Nintendo's problems.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#17_SignalPosted 6/29/2014 7:28:16 PM
Maybe it's just the wrong side of the CD.

*flips CD over
---
#18CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/29/2014 8:07:29 PM
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...
Yeah, Lig is right.

Did you even read my post? This isn't about you or your stupid little problems. This isn't about how difficult any of it would be. It's about resources. Resources of a multi-BILLION dollar company, and a decision that would have effected millions of gamers. Wiimmfi is a nice little pet project for a small little group, but you can't possibly compare the tiny stuff they're doing to one of the biggest companies in video gaming.

What you're saying would be like me telling Mojang how to set up official MineCraft servers, because I can download a client that can run the server for me. You don't have a single fricken' idea about what's going on in their company, and just because you can enter in an IP address into a hacked console doesn't mean you could have solved Nintendo's problems.

Lig, your just mad because your wrong, get over it kid.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI
#19CynralKynathelPosted 6/29/2014 8:26:22 PM
I thought the WiiU was printing money for Nintendo as per usual...
Didn't the sales increase by, like, 200% after release of Mario Kart 8? And when the new smash bros comes out, won't it increase by, like, 200% again?
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. I have veteran SCARs. Heheheh.
#20CynralKynathelPosted 6/29/2014 8:34:05 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...
Maybe it's just the wrong side of the CD.

*flips CD over

Signal, you are being quite the salty sailor nowadays.

Edit: please don't look up salty sailor on urban dictionary.
What I mean by this is she's acting super salty, in case clarification was needed.
---
Pseudo-official Co-'Pun'-isher of the Conduit 2 Board. I have veteran SCARs. Heheheh.