What the heck is a non-casual player anyway?

#11F4LCONSW4GPosted 6/29/2014 4:22:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12old_man_mossyPosted 6/29/2014 4:34:39 PM
LigersRule posted...
I'm just... not even gonna bother. SupahShnipa and Falcon are pretty much on-the-mark with their definitions, as far as I'm concerned.

Thank goodness you aren't going to the bother...I can avoid a trip to the liquor store.

I'm also glad you have an opinion on the definitions...I just happen to disagree. I view the casuals as the majority of us here. We have a passion for gaming but in my mind that doesn't make us non casual.

To be non casual is to have an inability to enjoy the simple fun of gaming and instead turn everything into p****** distance contests. It's kind of like the guys who only own Call of Duty, declaring all other FPS are trash and feel other game genres are also terrible.

I've heard people like them say TCON was trash with it's lockon, killstreaks disguised as super weapons, and empty, simple maps

They are wrong though, least in my opinion.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#13Shooter613Posted 6/29/2014 4:39:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14Player991817Posted 6/29/2014 4:44:05 PM
Shooter613 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

shh
---
C2 Rankings! {} http://imgur.com/a/05i5n
C3 Confirmed! | http://imgur.com/a/EfBpL
#15LigersRulePosted 6/29/2014 4:50:50 PM
old_man_mossy posted...

Spend some time with a dictionary please. Websters defines casual as "done without much thought, effort, or concern. Kinda like your posts.

So if somebody puts any effort, thought, or concern, they are by definition "Non-casual". You're just pretending words have different meanings in order to insult people.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#16old_man_mossyPosted 6/29/2014 4:52:06 PM
F4LCONSW4G posted...
Maybe if you did jump off the wagon and gave that tiny cerebrum a jostling around, you could make more sense.

Casual/competitive may be mindsets in general, but 99% of the time that competitive CS/Halo/Quake whatever player is infinitely better than the Seamoes and Old Men of the world.

Once again, they don't play with all the crutches you get and they have a more solid game overall because of that. They don't need bullet magnetism. They don't need to choose the (insert current FAMAS, AEK, AN-94, or other "b34st m0d3" gun in modern FPS) at every spawn because they're competent with all of them. They don't need a f***ing UAV because they have scrub-tier awareness. If you think adding in random bulls***, poorly designed funnel maps, goddamn missiles raining from the sky, and SPRINT TO SAFETY! adds skill, you either need to get your motherf***ing head on straight.

INB4falconsasshurt. I'm tired of explaining this to tards.

They damn well best be better than most casuals...as they have painted themselves into a corner and have only played one or two games...or various versions of said games...for YEARS due to their inability to adapt.

I hear so much cry baby whining about luck and variables...I call bs. The variables there are for everyone, and if the game was based purely on luck there wouldn't be such big differences in KDR's

are Non arena shooters a simple fps that only requires eye hand coordination? Nope. You have to be able to think of loadout counters, choke points, cover, player "tells", environmental cues, as well as telling the cursor where to go. Doing that in a manner that sets you above most in the KDR department takes skill.

If you can point your marker on a hitbox with sustained aim & click your index finger real fast it helps on any shooter. Saying that games that require you to do more tasks while doing so doesn't make unskilled exercises in gameplay
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#17PancakeLolPosted 6/29/2014 5:03:12 PM
Real gamers know a great deal about video games for example: Retro games, the history of video games, have a lot of knowledge on basically difficult games.
I good example would probably be my teacher from freshman year /: he kicked my ass in CS as he has years of experience.

I don't think this board has any, its funny because there are some who think theyre good at any game (you know who YOU are) but would cry to their mother if they had to complete an NES game within a week.

I think some games are overly drooled on (CS, Dota, wow etc.) None of us can really say whats casual or not but because our gen IS what brought the term casual to life.

And who are we to say what games are considered competitive or not? Modern day games suck a**. Ahem... The last of us... resident evil games... Cod... every Halo game after 3... Conduit 2... Tcon.
Pro players think games are life so they play for money, they even made a COD esports... im done.
CS is riddled with kids who cant control their temper just like cod is filled with Quackscopers. Quackerscopers be quacking, quack quack.
---
http://youtu.be/rNwjbRh5j4g
#18CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/29/2014 5:09:54 PM
I think falcon is the definition of a try-hard
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#19old_man_mossyPosted 6/29/2014 5:13:23 PM
LigersRule posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Spend some time with a dictionary please. Websters defines casual as "done without much thought, effort, or concern. Kinda like your posts.

So if somebody puts any effort, thought, or concern, they are by definition "Non-casual". You're just pretending words have different meanings in order to insult people.

Thanks for taking the time looking up definitions for me

I was thinking more along the lines of casual Fridays were you are comfortable and accepting of others attire were as a non casual setting is not always the most comfortable or enjoyable. They can be formal, tiresome, and view those outside the dress code with prejudice.

If you are here to accuse folks of being insulting, start with Falcon, look in the mirror & then get to me. (And I was only returning fire to a mindset that showers insults on casual/every day hoby players on a reg bases)

I KNEW you couldn't just let this lyger, lol. We can either continue or I will gracefully accept your apology XD. You likely felt a jab that wasn't intended for you
---
#20F4LCONSW4GPosted 6/29/2014 5:14:07 PM
Attention everyone! Listen to Mossy! Clearly adding random s*** makes you more "skilled", even though luck-based gameplay only benefits - you guessed it - RANDOM PEOPLE, no matter how good or bad they are.

But f*** it. What am I doing with my life? Downing beer and trying to teach internet ass-hats probability? I'm going to leave this debate to the nerds.