What the heck is a non-casual player anyway?

#21CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/29/2014 5:16:43 PM
F4LCONSW4G posted...
Attention everyone! Listen to Mossy! Clearly adding random s*** makes you more "skilled", even though luck-based gameplay only benefits - you guessed it - RANDOM PEOPLE, no matter how good or bad they are.

But f*** it. What am I doing with my life? Downing beer and trying to teach internet ass-hats probability? I'm going to leave this debate to the nerds.

Nobody is going to buy your feigning indifference.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#22F4LCONSW4GPosted 6/29/2014 5:27:36 PM
Before you convince me or anyone else about my apparent state of apathy, you'll need to figure out how to give the word of an aging virgin asswipe like yourself credence.
#23LigersRulePosted 6/29/2014 5:30:32 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
I KNEW you couldn't just let this lyger, lol. We can either continue or I will gracefully accept your apology XD.

God, you are so conceited. Guess it goes to show that aging and growing up are two separate things.

You always do this. You try and make little battles of "us vs them", and then you laugh in your own head about how much better you are than the people you're arguing with, and how stupid they are. Do you see anybody laughing with you, Mossy?
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#24CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/29/2014 5:36:15 PM
F4LCONSW4G posted...
Before you convince me or anyone else about my apparent state of apathy, you'll need to figure out how to give the word of an aging virgin asswipe like yourself credence.

I don't presume to convince anybody of anything, I'm just saying... That play is getting old.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#25old_man_mossyPosted 6/29/2014 5:40:58 PM
It doesn't makF4LCONSW4G posted...
Attention everyone! Listen to Mossy! Clearly adding random s*** makes you more "skilled", even though luck-based gameplay only benefits - you guessed it - RANDOM PEOPLE, no matter how good or bad they are.

But f*** it. What am I doing with my life? Downing beer and trying to teach internet ass-hats probability? I'm going to leave this debate to the nerds.

If you can overcome a disadvantage does that not require skill? You complained about uav's awhile ago...but what about when it's your position they are honing in on? Do you cry that they have an unfair advantage or do you put on your big boy pants and use every trick you can as well as know it will require your best effort to pull off a win? Is overcoming a disadvantage something not often done with skill of some sort?

You complain about randomness but what about when you round the corner at the same time an enemy does? That in itself is random, unless you want to take away buildings too. In TCON or most high health shooters (which in and of itself represents even more variables as far as health percentages go) the randomness is somewhat even due to the needing more shots to drop a guy, but I've used quick reflexes for an old man and threw a flash bang in time to save myself from a quicker low health death in COD back when I played. I'd like to think that situational awareness and proper quick responses are a type of skill.

I'm not saying they are they same, or that one is better. I'm simply trying to say that while variables will skew the results of a test based on who has the quicker trigger finger, the variables themselves require skill to overcome when the are against you.

It's, again, why you can find such variation in KDR as well as why people professionally competitively play the title. It requires a different skill set to achieve success when the deck is stacked & you are at a disadvantage, but such instances do bring a bit of a thrill when you overcome them.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#26F4LCONSW4GPosted 6/29/2014 5:42:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27F4LCONSW4GPosted 6/29/2014 5:56:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28old_man_mossyPosted 6/29/2014 6:05:39 PM(edited)
KLigersRule posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
I KNEW you couldn't just let this lyger, lol. We can either continue or I will gracefully accept your apology XD.

God, you are so conceited. Guess it goes to show that aging and growing up are two separate things.

You always do this. You try and make little battles of "us vs them", and then you laugh in your own head about how much better you are than the people you're arguing with, and how stupid they are. Do you see anybody laughing with you, Mossy?

now you owe me a drink, if I ever get off this wagon again. Since your Mormon I have dibs on yours, too... But maybe it will be tea or something. We can share a laugh and beverage!

Learn to take a joke, man. By God you must think little of me!

As far as I always do this, site examples.

Tevas being alive; you got that one rolling buddy.

Not liking hackers who ruin public game experiences, game publishers/developers fortunes, as well as promote piracy. Heck yeah I set that one up; I recall you there right next to me.

What else...not tolerating getting berated for enjoying different kinds of FPS; you've played these game for awhile Liger I am sure you are familiar with returning fire.

I don't get your contempt; I honestly don't. You also have no idea what's going on in my head-suprised you even said that, all things considered.

No worries though. Take with it suspicion or ill will if you want. I harbor no anger for ya though, nor did I intend to rattle your cage with that opening post. If it was aimed at anyone it was aimed at Falcon. Guilty as charged there, I guess.

Anyway. I'm out, too. Like Falpal. Latter man.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#29LigersRulePosted 6/29/2014 6:07:56 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
By God you must think little of me!

First thing you've said right all day, tbh.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#30CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/29/2014 6:35:52 PM
LigersRule posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
By God you must think little of me!

First thing you've said right all day, tbh.

More the 10th thing tbh.

Which btw, your too serious, grow a funny bone.
---
Cmo More Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage OUT NOW, WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHzVLbkbnQI